Comic/toy fairs

silver grin

Sith Lord
Supporter
Hi everyone. I'm dipping my toes into the world of selling in person at a small toy and comic fair tomorrow.

I haven't been to an event like memorabilia or collectormania or any kind of toy fair for about 10 years!
How do people pay now? Is it still cash or do people take PayPal now?

Any advice would be well appreciated!

Thanks,

Nick

lejackal

Grand Master
I normally take cash but a lot of sellers at the NEC toy fair and echo live also take card and or PayPal. I'd say you'd be able to sell more if you offered PayPal as well as cash

silver grin

Sith Lord
Supporter
Cool. Cheers. What's the best with PayPal? I know friends and family are no fees but the other option of paying for a product..... can they just retract the payment whenever they wanted?

lejackal

Grand Master
Actually looking at PayPal there's no buyer OR seller protection for deals done in person. No idea how you prove you sold in person though 🤷‍♂️

Clarkspie&chips

Sith Lord
If you're selling high end stuff then punters probably won't be carrying wads of cash so you'll need to accept some sort of digital transfer.
I've always bought PayPal FF at events as this this most fair to the dealers since I have the item in hand so it should be my risk.

silver grin

Sith Lord
Supporter
Cheers mate. Yeah, I haven't bought at a fair or convention for such a long time!
Thanks for all the advice. Good to know PayPal FF is used in these circumstances

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

Latest posts

Top Bottom