Coin Reference Thread

shawn_k

Sith Lord
Tank1252 said:
Sorry Shawn, i should have been clearer. I meant the POTF2 Millennium Mint coins to get as a reference. Can't find any available to Australia.

LOL :) no problem. I have a few and could probably spare one.

pm coming your way.

Tank1252

Jedi Master
Big thankyou to Shawn for providing me with a reference coin to help me recognize the evil restrikes.
Cheers mate. Top bloke.

shawn_k

Sith Lord
This repro set of coins showed up on ebay a couple days ago. I thought would post the picture here, so any future coin collectors would know this is out there. I would imagine that they would feel different than an original if taken out of the frame. Also, the weight should be off as well.

jaymassive619

Sith Lord
shawn_k said:
This repro set of coins showed up on ebay a couple days ago. I thought would post the picture here, so any future coin collectors would know this is out there. I would imagine that they would feel different than an original if taken out of the frame. Also, the weight should be off as well.

That is terrible people will fake just about anything if there is money to be made :?

shawn_k

Sith Lord
jaymassive619 said:
shawn_k said:

That is terrible people will fake just about anything if there is money to be made :?

Yeah it is very true. I knew this seller made repro coins for carded figures and at one time he had some legit coins for sale that he used to cast his repros, but I have never seen a repro complete set before. Like you said though if there is money to be made they will do it.

weasel said:
What price is it sittin at now?

It is just sitting right now at that BIN price shown in the picture.

weasel

Staff member
Supporter
Doh, me dim!

I only glanced at the price, but I didn't notice it was a BIN!
Back to the "special" class for me! :oops:

Tank1252

Jedi Master
Jees, can't believe this exists! Real eye opener for me that was.
At least it's not being passed off as original (with this seller).

Gotta get my coins weighed & checked, pretty sure there's at least 1 dodgy one.

shawn_k

Sith Lord
I've just added a little more information under the display section. I've included the sizes for airtite cases and some cheap poker chip display/inserts, I just found that should work great for POTF coins. The 63 insert I found looks almost exactly like the Boba Fisher frame, but with an extra slot.

shawn_k

Sith Lord
And one more. I was checking out Brian's Toys last night and they have an Executive Set for sale. :shock: I highly doubt it sells at that price. I'll keep an eye on it and see if I can find out how much it does go for when it sells.

shawn_k

Sith Lord
Joe said:
$29K! :shock:

:shock: indeed. My personal guess on price would be about half that at $15k. 2xComplete coin sets at $12k and then a little premium on the fact that roughly 10 of these were put together and given to Kenner/Lucasfilm Executives. It will be interesting to see if they list this on ebay.

Tank1252

Jedi Master
Lol, i was telling Rob the other day i had a dream i won the lottery. I went straight out & cleared out all the good rare stuff from Brian's Toys. J & L slot Fetts, rare 1st 12 carded, both Vlix's etc... Money no object!
Lol at where my priorities obviously lie these days!!! :oops:

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

Latest posts

Top Bottom