champions league

weasel

Staff member
Supporter
Scholesy sent off, united 2-1 down.

Sounds like trouble in the crowd Jay, what happened?

I agree about Kuyt as well Jabba, get it out of the way in a game you've already won.

jabbawokkie

Grand Master
they even said they wouldnt be surprised if he got booked 2 mins later he did

i knew it would be scholes ,mardy little bastard carnt handle pressure

i learnt the other day after reading a icf book that when all english clubs were banned from euruope .they were gonna let us back in early.till 200 manu fans tried to attack 15 west ham on a ferry and got there heads kicked in.and another year added to the 5 allready

weasel

Staff member
Supporter
As Liverpool fans though we can't really start throwing abuse about the ban on English sides :?

Just noticed my saber is now that awful pish colour :(

jabbawokkie

Grand Master
i know but the manu fans are quick to throw all the blame at us

well done with your promotion mate .you get used to the colour

spoons

Grand Master
jabbawokkie said:
they even said they wouldnt be surprised if he got booked 2 mins later he did

i knew it would be scholes ,mardy little bastard carnt handle pressure

i learnt the other day after reading a icf book that when all english clubs were banned from euruope .they were gonna let us back in early.till 200 manu fans tried to attack 15 west ham on a ferry and got there heads kicked in.and another year added to the 5 allready

Liverpool really pissed me off in those non-European days, thats when I used to be a season ticket holder. Arsenal won the league in 1989 (I forget where :wink: ) and 1991, and all English clubs were banned from Europe :evil: Never had a chance to watch the cream of europe play at Highbury

spoons

Grand Master
It was the first league win of my lifetime, never been so happy. I watched the game on a shitty old tv in my mum and dads kitchen, Micky Thomas was God - never was the same for you boys though :lol:

weasel

Staff member
Supporter
I had to watch it with my cousins granda, he was a big arsenal fan :twisted:

Just to change the topic of conversation totally, did anyone see the Chelsea Valencia game? I heard David Villa played really well (talk of Rafa wanting him next season).

craignwo4life

Sith Lord
spoons said:
Liverpool really pissed me off in those non-European days, thats when I used to be a season ticket holder. Arsenal won the league in 1989 (I forget where :wink: ) and 1991, and all English clubs were banned from Europe :evil: Never had a chance to watch the cream of europe play at Highbury
Arsenal would have probably bottled it anyway, just like Everton would have done when they fluked a couple of league titles !! :lol: :wink:

spoons

Grand Master
craignwo4life said:
spoons said:
Arsenal would have probably bottled it anyway, just like Everton would have done when they fluked a couple of league titles !! :lol: :wink:

and Liverpool's recent Champions League Success is based on not having to concentrate on winning the league :wink:

Just look at us last year, the first time in donkeys years we didn't challenge for the title we get to the CL final.

Looks like now you've got your own Abramovic you might buy a little league success, but I doubt it :wink:

craignwo4life

Sith Lord
spoons said:
Just look at us last year, the first time in donkeys years we didn't challenge for the title we get to the CL final.
Yeah you got to the final but as usual you threw it all away, just like the Carling Cup Final this season.

In terms of style Arsenal are the best team in the world to watch but they seem to lack the real killer instinct when it comes to finals.

spoons

Grand Master
craignwo4life said:
but they seem to lack the real killer instinct when it comes to finals.

they were down to 10 men agains Barcelona, and they were kids against Chelseas's first team, I think you've been listening to too much Sky Sports nonsense.

I agree that Arsenal have got a mental block regarding Europe, but the only FA cup final we've lost in recent years was against you, and you were very jammy to say the least :wink:

spoons

Grand Master
and you could say the same about liverpool I suppose, I mean Tottenham have won more FA cups than you but they've not been to nearly so many finals :lol:

craignwo4life

Sith Lord
spoons said:
I agree that Arsenal have got a mental block regarding Europe, but the only FA cup final we've lost in recent years was against you, and you were very jammy to say the least :wink:
But that's what I call killer instinct.

In the 2001 FA Cup final you were winning 1-0 with 10 minutes to go and you still lost !! :lol:

In the 2005 CL final we were 3-0 and still came back to lift the trophy. 8)

Playing stylish football is one thing but without the ability to play ugly and really get stuck in the Arsenal kids will never fulfill their potential. :wink:

spoons

Grand Master
Some say killer instinct - some say luck :wink:

Liverpool with all their history have lost the FA cup final 6 times out of 13 appearances, not a great advert for killer instinct :wink: And then there is May 1989 :lol: :lol:

Next season I feel that we might see a bit more of Arsenal's killer instinct, once we have a fully fit team.

weasel

Staff member
Supporter
"Liverpool with all their history"

......have won 8 European finals out of 10!

5 out of 6 Champions League/European Cup Finals, 3 out of 3 UEFA Cup finals and 0 out of 1 Cup winners Cup finals, That doesn't count the "super-cup" (for obvious reasons)

Not a bad advert for Killer instinct! :wink: :lol:

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Top Bottom