Carded 1990's and 2000's era Figures for Sale

Vermillion

Youngling
I have a set of around 30 odd figures from the 1990's and 2000's Kenner line that I am intending to sell.

(Now that I have your attention please accept my apologies, this is my first thread here and I am an absolute total n00b-de-n00b in the SW trading market so I may take a few swipes at getting this thread right and I may need your help at some point!)
View attachment 2

View attachment 1

Vermillion

Youngling
That's the first 6 - I have 32 in total including a few boxed vehicle sets. (all photographed and ready to upload)

Should I upload the rest in this full size format or is there are better way to create a gallery?

My questions are going to be which ones (if any) are seen as being particularly valuable or collectible.
There is a toyshop near where I live that is offering a one or two quid per figure - which is fine if they are not that rare, but I don't want to sell anything cheap that is secretly a rare and collectible item.

I'm not really after a massive return on investment - I just don't want the figures themselves anymore for space reasons.

I've also never sold anything online - NOTHING AT ALL.

Yes. Not even on eBay.

I am THAT MUCH of a noob.

So if there is anything anyone here wants, then I'll need help to sort out payment and things.

Cheers.

tiefighterboy

Grand Master
They are modern figures and this is more of a vintage site...so you may not get any takers. They are how ever trilogo so that does make them more valuable to some collectors. At least you introduced yourself, welcome.

Chewie

Jedi Master
Hi, Welcome to the forum :wink:

I don't think they are worth much.....Maybe a modern collector will come on and give you a price, but most people on here tend to collector the vintage range.

I cringe when i see this range of figures.

Vader looks like he's on steroids :lol: and what sort of She/He designed Leia :lol:
They couldn't have done a worse job if they had tried to :?

They are truely awful! No offence to you.

drew

Padawan
These potf 2 were also my play toys back in 95 and i agree with above poster vader did look like he was on steroid :lol: so did farm luke he was well buffed like hah. Each figures are all estimated about £5-£6 pounds unfortunately

drew

Padawan
Oh i just notice that vader and obi both have LONG sabres they fetch a wee bit more to the right collectors say about £10 seen one on ebay for £20 but abit much i think again i could be wrong

Vermillion

Youngling
You...

you think my beautiful toys are ugly???

:cry:

Of course they are. Vader makes me wince and the Leia figure.. Hoolie paloojie, how did that happen?
I have the book, "The Action Figure Archive" by Steven Sansweet and it is such a puff piece on how much better the scuplts are on all the new figures.
NO THEY'RE NOT!
They sacrifice all authenticity in favour of muscle mass and poorly implemented "dynamism."

So yes, I do wholeheartedly agree with you, which is part of why I'm happy to pass them along.

I think I probably will take the £2 per figure offered by the toy dealer I spoke to.
Although it won't come back looking like money at all.

It'll come back looking like a MOC R2-D2 on ESB card that I really want to own - and that Mrs Verm says I can have!

I'll post a pic of that when I get it.

Vermillion

Youngling
drew said:
Oh i just notice that vader and obi both have LONG sabres they fetch a wee bit more to the right collectors say about £10 seen one on ebay for £20 but abit much i think again i could be wrong

I have a few others with the long sabre.

And yes, I know that this site is mainly vintage, but advice like yours is the main reason I am here.
(Although I do intend to stick around cos even though I'm not an active collector, I do love the vintage stuff and harbour sweet dreams of 12 backs.)

drew

Padawan
POTF 2 is interesting i do recall things like potf 2 slave leia card is rare and sought by those who collect em as the name slave leia was pulled and renamed jabbas prisoner or something like that. Also i saw...couldnt believe it a weequay carded freeze frame selling for $300!!! There are collectors out there for these stuff. Myself i lived to see these figures coming in store in 1995 unlike the proper vintage stuff and was overwhelmed but now i just really like the simplicity of the proper kenner figures etc appealed to me so much like i mentioned on my other thread i grew up with older families passing me down their toys and a childhood friends who's brother has a massive loose collection of ships and figures.

silver grin

Sith Lord
Supporter
yeah, Drew's bang on. In the freeze frame series Weequay is a very rare figure and will command a big(ish) price. I know Boba on the freeze frame
card is also quite desirable and I think I paid about £25-£30 for mine.

With the figures that you're listing here Vermillion they are quite common but I think £2 a figure is a bit cheap - I would at least expect £4 for each one

What you need to look out for is that on the same card some have a leaflet behind the figure itself inside the bubble. These figures can usually sell for more than
the one's without (they were released with the special edition versions of the films in the mid 90's and I believe they are a leaflet on THX sound)

Vermillion

Youngling
Ok - so I completely understand that this is a vintage site, but out of some misguided sense of completeness I thought I'd upload the rest of my collection.

I hosted them all on Tinypic so as to not chew up any of your server space.

I hope to turn this lot into a single MOC ESB R2-D2. Which, if I do, you will see the result of.
Promise not to spoil any other threads with my modern stuff - after this I'll stick to the good ****!

xl0caa.jpg

ie1c1x.jpg

20raf47.jpg

w86rnt.jpg

29zpmo9.jpg

2zputu9.jpg

wciedd.jpg

1571yyd.jpg

k2bw2r.jpg

2rcqxw3.jpg

8vx8pf.jpg

so0r43.jpg

3588n5x.jpg

11kguf7.jpg

born2beajedi

Hi, total noob to the forum, and a bit to excited,
Are these still for sale?
And how much would you be askin, just for the carded figures, bulk buy maybe all of them!!
many thanks

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

Latest posts

Top Bottom