bonfire night and Diwali

lee gray

Sith Lord
Hate fireworks as it is but it really pisses me off that diwali is celebrated virtually a day or two each year before bonfire night and they too celebrate with fireworks so i have to listen to twice as much **** plus as their celebration is first, the novelty of hearing and seeing fireworks all night on bonfire night feel less important, its like watching a great film a second time a day later so not as thrilling.

Richard_H

Grand Master
One of my dogs is terrified by them. Been really bad for 2 weeks or so. Still I think every year it gets a bit better. 5 or so years ago they were none stop for weeks.

Dark Sith Lord

Grand Master
Complete agree. It frightens the life out of my cats! Yet my dog aint bothered!

Both neighbours let off a ridiculous amount of fireworks too. Literally £100s worth of them! :twisted:

Michael Sith

Grand Master
Supporter
I love fireworks and the whole tradition of it, but one night only, and go to an organised event, that's out in the sticks preferably.

I too have dogs, and it really upsets one of them.

Bloody fireworks any excuse nowadays, I'm sure as a kid I don't remember fireworks on New Year's Eve for example.

Michael Sith

Grand Master
Supporter
Cc4rhu said:
Michael when you were a kid Guy Fawkes wasn't around.

:D :lol:

Asked for that :!:

Here's an old school engraving ( we didn't have cameras back then)

Me and the guys...what fun we had, but the trick we played on James backfired :D

http://www.flickr.com/photos/94132256@N07/10653376804/

x-pack

Grand Master
:lol: Very good

Can't stand fireworks and do not understand why people spend silly money on something that they set fire to. Paying the gas bill is enough! :x

lee gray

Sith Lord
itfciain said:
ha ha - Lee mate, you are just getting old

I am a miserable old git :)

Cc4rhu said:
Michael when you were a kid Guy Fawkes wasn't around.
lol

Still atleast two more days of this **** to go yet....worse off all both my next door neighbours celebrate diwali so im getting front row seats...fkn cunts

PGowdy

Grand Master
I have no time for fireworks. They don't piss me off…. they nothing me. I just don't see the appeal. Never have. I think you have to be pretty basic to enjoy fireworks. Especially the crap, corner-shop bought ones that people tend to send up in their back gardens. Fiiiiiiiiiizzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz………. pop!
:roll: Please.

Stormtrooper37

Sith Lord
Waste of money IMO, even as a kid wasn't keen or that excited, remember cold wet November nights waiting for a pathetic Catherine wheel to work and thinking I just want to go back inside the house where it is warm.

lee gray

Sith Lord
Can you ****ing believe it, over two hours since i posted this and me **** neighbors are still letting of fireworks

Stormtrooper37

Sith Lord
My mate asked me if I wanted to go with him and 2 others to watch the firework display at Kenilworth Castle on Saturday, I wasn't keen and when he said it costs £10 I definitely wasn't keen at all :!: :!:

mumbo

Sith Lord
Don't worry lads only 2 more nights and whatever late displays go on at the weekend. Then you'll have Xmas and New year to look forward to :lol: you could always drown it out by playing Katy Perry's Firework on loop :lol:

lee gray

Sith Lord
When theres more fireworks going off on Diwali than there is for fireworks night it shows what a sorry state this country is.

Richard_H

Grand Master
To tell you the truth I never heard of it until you posted! In my area there are very few ethnic minorities. Mainly just shop owners.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

Latest posts

Top Bottom