Boba Fett 'blue painted helmet'

Snaketibe

Grand Master
Supporter
Palifan said:
Thanks for the comments guys and that 30 back Boba was a deal i made with Gary Smith years ago, he really came through for me and sent it in a really nice perspex case as well which was nice of him. I only wanted reseals of the first 30 released but had to get both this one and the 30 back Yoda to make my collection feel complete, the fact that the head was painted on Boba was an extra bonus I didn't even know about at the time. :D

Ian
Thanks for sharing the picture of your Palitoy Boba Fett, Ian. It's very interesting to see a painted helmet Fett on a 30 back card. Obviously it's a reseal (but a very good one! :)), but do you know whether that Fett is the one which actually came on the card originally? I too thought the 30 back Fett was a Hong Kong version, but yours looks like it's a painted helmet Taiwan Fett. I am always looking to increase and improve my knowledge of vintage Star Wars, so if the Taiwan Fett also came on a Palitoy 30 back card, that would be great to know :)

Jeremy

Palifan

Sith Lord
Snaketibe said:
Palifan said:
Thanks for the comments guys and that 30 back Boba was a deal i made with Gary Smith years ago, he really came through for me and sent it in a really nice perspex case as well which was nice of him. I only wanted reseals of the first 30 released but had to get both this one and the 30 back Yoda to make my collection feel complete, the fact that the head was painted on Boba was an extra bonus I didn't even know about at the time. :D

Ian
Thanks for sharing the picture of your Palitoy Boba Fett, Ian. It's very interesting to see a painted helmet Fett on a 30 back card. Obviously it's a reseal (but a very good one! :)), but do you know whether that Fett is the one which actually came on the card originally? I too thought the 30 back Fett was a Hong Kong version, but yours looks like it's a painted helmet Taiwan Fett. I am always looking to increase and improve my knowledge of vintage Star Wars, so if the Taiwan Fett also came on a Palitoy 30 back card, that would be great to know :)

Jeremy

I've no idea if this is the Boba Fett that originally came with this resealed card as it was from Gary Smith and I don't know how he came to have it. I'll have to reach out to him and see if he can shed any light on it.

Edit - Actually looking back at my old emails it wasn't from Gary but from Lee Gregory :roll: I'm not sure if he's still on here, (it's been a while), but I'll see what I can find out.

Ian

Snaketibe

Grand Master
Supporter
Palifan said:
Snaketibe said:
Palifan said:

Ian

Jeremy

I've no idea if this is the Boba Fett that originally came with this resealed card as it was from Gary Smith and I don't know how he came to have it. I'll have to reach out to him and see if he can shed any light on it.

Edit - Actually looking back at my old emails it wasn't from Gary but from Lee Gregory :roll: I'm not sure if he's still on here, (it's been a while), but I'll see what I can find out.

Ian
Thank you. It would certainly be interesting to find out.

Jeremy

SublevelStudios

Sith Lord
Pretty sure this will not be the original Fett that was carded but either way, Ian has landed 2 cracking pieces in one deal there.

Cardbackkid

Jedi Master
This is a very interesting variant still not very much known about it , but from the research I've found on it , it has only been found on the rotj desert scene cards ... does anybody know of it on any other card or baggie ?

laurencedyer

Jedi Knight
I've had a couple of these over the year's and they can be picked up relatively cheap if you bide your time.
I picked up this beater version for a grand sum of £36 within the last year but have since moved it on to fund a few exotic Amanaman pieces.
Not to everyones standard but a budget version to space fill at the time.

Attachments

• 20171009_200918.jpg
    20171009_200918.jpg
    67.4 KB · Views: 220
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Top Bottom