Boba Fett 'blue painted helmet'

Pomse2001

Grand Master
SublevelStudios said:
Ah, this figure again.

They're not actually that rare in all honesty. If you know what you're looking for and you're lucky you can pick them up for the price of a regular Taiwan Fett. I would never pay top dollar for this figure. Shop around and search, one will turn up for next to no money.

There are so many variations of the paint application on this figure it's unbelievable. 3 main colour types, bright, mid and darker blue with all manner of examples of how the paint is applied to the helmet, full spray, half spray, lower front spray, lower half blah blah blah... I had 5 at one point, all for less than £35 each and I think I've found well over a dozen so far in total, and each one has been different save for 2!

The darker blue paint is quite hard to find though, as the paint is very closely matched to the plastic and difficult to see in photos in ebay listings.

:shock: Maybe I live in the wrong country I have never found one in denmark, I had to buy it in the uk.

SublevelStudios

Sith Lord
80% of mine came from here in the UK, although I have picked them up in the US too.

Never seen one outside these countries as yet. That's not to say they are exclusive to them, just that I personally have seen seen one for sale on ebay.

subzero

Sith Lord
A Kenner MOC with painted helmet sold in March last year for £1500, it's the only carded example I can find online.

apack7229

Sith Lord
Pomse2001 said:
apack7229 said:
What's awesome is that the darker blue only cost me $25 :D

What year ? :shock:

Just last year. There was a guy about 2 hours from me that had a listing up on ebay and was complaining about people not paying for his auctions so I offered him a buy it now and he accepted. Even sent me a free 2-1B beater for paying so quickly. :D

SublevelStudios

Sith Lord
At Celebration in 2016 I was approached by another collector friend at the room sales who showed me a loose graded example he had purchased - and the painted head was not even added to the grading details! :shock:

So even the graders were largely in the dark about this figure even then it seems.

apack7229

Sith Lord
Wow, so many variations, and after reading your advice I think i'll hold out now to try and get lucky in finding a cheap one.

This has given me optimism that i'll eventually find a good one, and for a decent price, thanks. :)[/quote]

Don't give up hope there was a guy who had a mint complete one with an original cardback and bubble for $100. I didn't bid on it and when I asked him after it had ended he already sold it to someone else. :( But there still are deals out there. I got my mint complete with a palitoy cardback with bubble attached for $200 shipped from the UK.

Attachments

• IMG_2363.JPG
    IMG_2363.JPG
    94.9 KB · Views: 567

subzero

Sith Lord
SublevelStudios said:
At Celebration in 2016 I was approached by another collector friend at the room sales who showed me a loose graded example he had purchased - and the painted head was not even added to the grading details! :shock:

So even the graders were largely in the dark about this figure even then it seems.

Interesting stuff, that's very recent too!

subzero

Sith Lord
apack7229 said:
Don't give up hope there was a guy who had a mint complete one with an original cardback and bubble for $100. I didn't bid on it and when I asked him after it had ended he already sold it to someone else. :( But there still are deals out there. I got my mint complete with a palitoy cardback with bubble attached for $200 shipped from the UK.

Arrh shouldn't have told me that, now I want a loose figure and a MOC. :lol:

Problem is I reckon you'd have to just get lucky when buying a MOC, because it's very hard to see the blue paint unless the seller takes a very close up pic of the helmet, or if it has the more obvious darker blue paint.

apack7229

Sith Lord
I saw one moc I think a 65 back and the guy had it with a reserve. That was sometime early last year and I haven't seen another since.

Stubbs

Jedi Master
Supporter
I'm not a varient expert but do have to fetts the one on the left is a HK and one the right Tawain.

There clearly different not just coo but paint so i decided to keep them both.

Attachments

• WP_20180103_21_55_39_Pro.jpg
    WP_20180103_21_55_39_Pro.jpg
    113.6 KB · Views: 552

subzero

Sith Lord
That's an interesting one on the left, nice lime coloured green and lighter yellows.

Not sure if iv'e seen one like that before. 8)

Pomse2001

Grand Master
apack7229 said:
Pomse2001 said:
apack7229 said:
What's awesome is that the darker blue only cost me $25 :D

What year ? :shock:

Just last year. There was a guy about 2 hours from me that had a listing up on ebay and was complaining about people not paying for his auctions so I offered him a buy it now and he accepted. Even sent me a free 2-1B beater for paying so quickly. :D

Amazing so it is in the uk I should find them :D

Palifan

Sith Lord
Thanks for the comments guys and that 30 back Boba was a deal i made with Gary Smith years ago, he really came through for me and sent it in a really nice perspex case as well which was nice of him. I only wanted reseals of the first 30 released but had to get both this one and the 30 back Yoda to make my collection feel complete, the fact that the head was painted on Boba was an extra bonus I didn't even know about at the time. :D

Ian

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Top Bottom