Bob Brechin tours of the Palitoy Factory

spoons

Grand Master
The 50th anniversary Action Man convention is in just over a week's time, and although nothing to do with Star Wars it will be held in the Palitoy Factory and Bob Brechin (cheif Palitoy designer) will be taking tours around - best of all its free!

I'll hopefully be there on Saturday if not both days

http://amcon2016.weebly.com/

x-pack

Grand Master
How good is this!

If it wasn't miles away I would go to that. Would feel like a bit of a fraud with it being all Action Man but hey ho! :)

SAVORY100

Sith Lord
Not for me as I'm already booked up that weekend, but think my brother may now attend as he is an AF nut. Cheers or the tip off.

spoons

Grand Master
I'll make sure I get some photos!

SAVORY100 said:
Not for me as I'm already booked up that weekend, but think my brother may now attend as he is an AF nut. Cheers or the tip off.

I'd doubt there will be any AF but it's worth a punt seeing as its free. These things are normally fairly hard core AM - the blue panters are generally frowned upon let alone the little people :wink:

rhyfelyser

Jedi Knight
Supporter
What's left there to see that relates to when palitoy made toys there? Unless i'm mistaken it's a long time since toys were made there. I guess the shell of the buildings are still as they are as when Palitoy was a going concern. Anyone know what goes on there these days?

Dannywhiteley

Jedi Master
I drove up there last year, nothing to see but a load of old Factory type buildings and offices. It's on a non descript mini industrial estate behind a row of terraced houses.

jayums

Jedi Master
Dannywhiteley said:
I drove up there last year, nothing to see but a load of old Factory type buildings and offices. It's on a non descript mini industrial estate behind a row of terraced houses.

What would you expect to see?! I think having a tour from somebody who worked there would be pretty interesting.

spoons

Grand Master
jayums said:
Dannywhiteley said:

What would you expect to see?! I think having a tour from somebody who worked there would be pretty interesting.

somethingn more akin to Willy Wonkas Choclate Factory :wink:

scooternick

Jedi Knight
I heard there's a tunnel that leads to a secret underground level with wall to wall 12 backs. There's also a staff canteen with vintage pinball and arcade games but the door's always locked. Still, you never know!

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

Latest posts

Top Bottom