Grant_C

Grand Master
Supporter
Well it's back to positive discourse.

Amazing what KY jelly can do between grown men with polarising opinions. :wink:

PGowdy

Grand Master
PGowdy said:
I had my suspicions. I just don't believe that many people on this forum are "for" UGrading.
That is all.

EDIT and part-RETRACTION:
Due to my suspicion that many of the "for" votes on this poll had been falsely placed my annoyance at this caused me to slightly cross a line in making it sound like i believed Robbie was responsible. I had no evidence to suggest this and so should have kept the thought to myself. In addition i should not have accused him of being generally dishonest. I don't actually think all people that sell UGrades are dishonest. I think some of them are good people doing a bad thing either due to ignorance, selfishness or greed. 3 things we are all guilty of at times.
I take back nothing i've said in previous threads nor for making people feel bad for dealing with them.
I will end my thoughts on the subject of Robbie and his dealings just by saying this:
"Without UGrading good men will do good things and bad men will do bad things but it takes UGrading for good men to do bad things"

galactables

Padawan
PGowdy said:
PGowdy said:
I had my suspicions. I just don't believe that many people on this forum are "for" UGrading.
That is all.

EDIT and part-RETRACTION:
Due to my suspicion that many of the "for" votes on this poll had been falsely placed my annoyance at this caused me to slightly cross a line in making it sound like i believed Robbie was responsible. I had no evidence to suggest this and so should have kept the thought to myself. In addition i should not have accused him of being generally dishonest. I don't actually think all people that sell UGrades are dishonest. I think some of them are good people doing a bad thing either due to ignorance, selfishness or greed. 3 things we are all guilty of at times.
I take back nothing i've said in previous threads nor for making people feel bad for dealing with them.
I will end my thoughts on the subject of Robbie and his dealings just by saying this:
"Without UGrading good men will do good things and bad men will do bad things but it takes UGrading for good men to do bad things"

Fair enough..

2stripes

Jedi Master
I don't want to stir this up again as it seems to have settled, so does the original thread still exist? I'd like to read it, Robbie has a right to defend his view so I'd be interested in reading it. What are the arguments for trading Ugrades? Is it a purely financial gain, being free to collect what you want etc or do you see any positives from it? Do you collect yourself Robbie or just trade? You must acknowledge as a fact Ugrading reduces the number of moc's out there for the sake of an extra letter on the loose grading that's a fact so I'm just interesting in a bit of counter argument.

As much as I disagree with the practice and would encourage anyone to ditch Ugrades I'd always encourage open discussion. You say you no longer trade Ugrades is that due to a change in heart? Just interested in your view.

plantman

Sith Lord
you cant educate people who want to spend ridiculous money on old toys, its their choice and we can bang on about it forever, its a fad, it will go away, there are millions of moc tucked away in collections all safe and sound, their prices will go up.

the tone of this thread is much better now that people have vented, ive dealt with robbie numerous times, he's a nice guy to deal with, i dont like the ugrading but lifes too short get upset, looking at people like craig (nwoforlife) lets just ignore it and keep this forum a great place to be, and keep debates just that.

Andy

galactables

Padawan
2stripes said:
I don't want to stir this up again as it seems to have settled, so does the original thread still exist? I'd like to read it, Robbie has a right to defend his view so I'd be interested in reading it. What are the arguments for trading Ugrades? Is it a purely financial gain, being free to collect what you want etc or do you see any positives from it? Do you collect yourself Robbie or just trade? You must acknowledge as a fact Ugrading reduces the number of moc's out there for the sake of an extra letter on the loose grading that's a fact so I'm just interesting in a bit of counter argument.

As much as I disagree with the practice and would encourage anyone to ditch U grades I'd always encourage open discussion. You say you no longer trade U grades is that due to a change in heart? Just interested in your view.

OK I will entertain this post, but this is the last time I am going to elaborate. I hope this explains things from my point of view.

Do I collect? Yes. I love vintage SW but preferably MOMC with clear bubbles and minty loose figures.

Do I collect u grades? Some, because it is the only way to get certain figures (eg leia bespin turtleneck, luke bespin- near impossible to find dead mint with no discolouration, missing trim, faded trim, etc). In fact most carded one's don't house truly mint examples, so they wouldn't be touched anyway..

Is U grading pure financial gain for me? It can be, but I don't u grade much now. If I think a beater has a very, very nice figure, then I take a chance. They have to be more of the harder u90's.

Do many people collect u grades? Yes. Just look at ebay. However, it is not so clear cut. There are loads of people who collect u85's because they are not much dearer than standard 85's. For a dealer there is obviously no profit in u85's, so u grading has become more selective. When you get in to the afa 90/u90/u95 range, the u grade really becomes less of an issue. People will pay top dollar for top condition. There are some who only want u graded top condition, but for the most, it's purely the top condition that matters.

Do I know the people who have voted yes? Some contacted me. I know they collect u grades, but do not wish to be interrogated on this forum, so they'll remain anonymous.

The fact of the matter is that there are people in this world who like to have the best of the best and will pay for it.

Over and out.

Robbie.
UP THE GUNNERS!

2stripes

Jedi Master
Gunners fan, that explains a lot with the price of a season ticket :D

Can't say I agree with it myself, I think the chance factor alone, if it gets a low grade and not wanted it just seems such a pointless waste and there are no guarantees but thanks for putting your points across Robbie, it's worth hearing the counter view.

spoons

Grand Master
2stripes said:
Gunners fan, that explains a lot with the price of a season ticket :D

And an old school one at that - don't hear (or read) 'up the gunners' much these days, reminds me of my grandad :)

Dark Sith Lord

Grand Master
This is what i love about this forum will have gone from U Grades to "killing each other" to Aresnal all in one thread :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Latest posts

Top Bottom