Banned from Facebook group Echo Base... WTF??

Status
Not open for further replies.

weasel

Staff member
Supporter
I hope Jamie and Wayne can get this sorted, but it's sad that an issue on a FB group had to be played out in the open on here. Not taking sides, or having a go at either party. I just think a little more communication and the problem could have been solved without airing dirty linen in public. JMO

waztotuk

Jedi Knight
I have approached Jamie to attempt to clear the air, and to clarify if it was a misunderstanding or not, but he doesn't seem to want to clear the air. Nor does he deny that he threatened me.

It's sad that Jamie decided to go public in such a massive way on both Facebook groups and on here. He also has taken advantage of the upheaval regarding rule changes, even though him being banned was nothing to do with the rules that have been discussed so much on this page.

fuzzybuzzytoys

Sith Lord
waztotuk said:
Nor does he deny that he threatened me.

Are you for real??

Btw, thats not 'threatening behaviour', thats just me asking if I'm dealing with someone sane here.

I deny that I threatened you..that clear enough Wayne?

And FYI, I'm currently discussing this whole issue with Adam, the group owner. I dont think it's just 'new rules' which are the problem with Echo Base.

Richard_H

Grand Master
Used to be a cool, friendly group Joe. It's slowly deteriorated and being questioned for what I bring to the table were uncalled for.

mumbo

Sith Lord
Richard_H said:
Used to be a cool, friendly group Joe. It's slowly deteriorated and being questioned for what I bring to the table were uncalled for.

So come on Rich, apart from your bad manners what do you bring to the table :lol:

x-pack

Grand Master
I think that's how some people would prefer it on here as well - a rule of posting to declare interest before a PM. It's kind of logical and makes things transparent. Personally I haven't had issues with being pipped at the post so it doesn't bother me either way.

An instant ban is absolutely crazy. What way to run a group is that! :roll:

Joe

Grand Master
I was just rolling my eyes at the entire situation Rich, not your post - sorry for the confusion.

Think I'm just having one of those days but all of this seems so trivial and childish when you stop to think about it.

I don't know much about the group in question "Echo base" (even though I recently joined) as I took the notifications off of once I was accepted (like all the groups I join) but even though I agree the ban was harsh there is the argument that the rule was in place and Fuzzy didn't bother reading the guidelines/rules before trading there. I'll also admit the "the first one to say PM sent gets first refusal" rule is a weird one (for the reasons you mentioned and more Rich) but still..it's their group and their rules and this was avoidable.

I don't think the answer is creating yet another FB group though, especially considering Fuzzy stated this earlier in the thread:

fuzzybuzzytoys said:
Well Echo Base's loss is SWFUKs gain. I have been quite the supporter of Facebook groups, especially Echo Base, but I'm going to be only waving the forum flag from now on.

This kind of thing just takes me back to being 6 or 7 years old, joining and leaving school "gangs" after falling out with a member or the leader for the most ridiculous reason in the world.."he stole my pen... he drank my drink..she told the teacher on me".. :lol:

It's not just FB of course, I remember when someone kicked off here a couple of months back about how many threads Iain had and how he was getting preferential treatment over other sellers.. give me a break!

A part of me wants to say grow up a bit, but at the same time I'm only 30 and some of you guys are 40+ so it doesn't quite feel right coming from me..

Maybe Michael Sith can come up with something poetic that doesn't offend :lol:

edd_jedi

Staff member
Supporter
I think "chill" is the word needed here. It's a Facebook group and some toys, not worth making enemies over! Just take a step back and forget about it.

SublevelStudios

Sith Lord
I totally agree with you Joe, there really are some childish elements to some of these groups and forums. One of the reasons I dropped out of nearly all the FB groups, including Echo Base was purely down to this.

Having said that, we all collect toys so maybe it's to be expected :lol:

Banton989

Jedi Knight
I completely agree with Joe too, and thank him for his balanced view.

I think this was a simple situation that could have been sorted really easily without resorting to paoting screen caps of private converstions, airing it all on here and creating the breakaway group.

The admins do a great job trying to protect everyone from scammers and trying to make things fair for everybody.

Its a shame as well that so many people that have used Echo Base to buy/sell many items over the last year without having to pay a penny in fees are so quick to jump on the bandwagon and slate the group as a whole, or to distance the Echo Base live events from the Echo Base FB group.

Im hoping we can all get this resolved like adults in the end :-/

Adam

edd_jedi

Staff member
Supporter
Am going to lock this as it's now exceeded four pages and has nothing to do with this forum anyway. Please sort out amongst yourselves.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Top Bottom