Banned from Facebook group Echo Base... WTF??

Status
Not open for further replies.

edd_jedi

Staff member
Supporter
I agree Jamie, from what I can see in your screenshot his messages are ****ing rude! I would never speak to anybody like that on here.

spoons

Grand Master
not a good attitude at all - but more importantly you need to charge your phone Jamie :lol:

A trusted seller saber on here would be far better than selling on FB in any case

Richard_H

Grand Master
The group was formed by Adam Pemberton (bantom9... something or other on here :lol:

It was great. It grew and although there were some teething problems it settled fairly well and was probably my favourite group.

What's happened recently I can't really say. Some guys I don't know are admins but they sure have power trips.

I honestly thought Rich Mclean, Rich Temple and a few other guys (who run the Northern meet up Echo Base events) were the admins but apparently not.

That event is still marketed as Echo Base though.

indianawars

Sith Lord
People seem to think if they have a little bit of power somewhere, then that makes them automatically God and we should all follow their commandments! If you don't, they will only spit their dummy's out... As I see it, they are your items to sell, so you should have the automatic right to sell them to whomever you want to.

Richard_H

Grand Master
and it looks like the entire thread has been deleted again. Thankfully there are places to go where you can post what you feel even if there are disagreements and they stay public.

I will not promote Echo base UK on any podcast, forum or FB page from now on until there is a change of attitude. It's almost like dealing with The Empire.

In fact Jamie, I encourage you and some of the big sellers to set up your own UK trading group. At the end of the day people will go where the stock is not where you're dictated to go by someone who enforces rules on you at a whim.

fuzzybuzzytoys

Sith Lord
Richard_H said:
The group was formed by Adam Pemberton (bantom9... something or other on here :lol:

It was great. It grew and although there were some teething problems it settled fairly well and was probably my favourite group.

What's happened recently I can't really say. Some guys I don't know are admins but they sure have power trips.

I honestly thought Rich Mclean, Rich Temple and a few other guys (who run the Northern meet up Echo Base events) were the admins but apparently not.

That event is still marketed as Echo Base though.

It was ***** who had the problem with me not selling the loose figure to him.

Djbighair

Jedi Master
Jamie

I help do / organise the events and have nothing to do with the page. I'm with you on this, admin gone mad. The event was set up about the same time as the page independently, the ended up with the same name, it was in for the second one we used the webpage to push the event.

Jamie this sucks, many of us stuck up for you this morning, conveniently the admin have now deleted there thread.

Some people need to learn some manners, rational and stop hiding behind rules.

Rich t

fuzzybuzzytoys

Sith Lord
SublevelStudios said:
I've unfollowed the page out of protest! :evil:

Sure it won't make the least bit of difference :D

I'm following Rich's advice and in the process of creating a new group - 'Yavin 4'. I havent done this for years though but I believe that a group is only as good as it's members so please join and maybe something good could happen :)

waztotuk

Jedi Knight
Hi guys.

Please don't be harsh on Echo Base, we are only trying to protect the community by bringing in these new rules.

Jamie is being unfair by only showing you parts of the messages that I sent to him, not the full conversation. I was communicating with Jamie in an honest way and only ever intended to inform him of our new rule. Jamie then began ignoring me which was when I sent the messages that he screen shot (you guys must admit that it's annoying when someone starts ignoring you, especially when you can see that he had read your messages)

These messages where only ever to inform Jamie.

Jamie then took the strange step of posting our private messages on the group, and then wrote what I perceived to be a threat. Jamie can say it wasn't, but if you read it again, the wording is not relating to this profile picture at all:

"I don't believe you quite know who I am"

This, along with his move to post private message online without any sort of consent, along with unwillingness to offer any sort of communication, resulted in Jamie being removed while the situation was sorted.

Honestly guys, Echo base is an excellent group. All of the admins have been on board with Adam from basically the start. It's not changing.

Please be confident that we only want the best.

Finally, Jamie. If you honestly didn't mean any bad feeling with the message then I would hope that we can sort something out.

Please don't shoot me, I have been a member here quite a long time now, and I can see that I have had excellent dealing with a lot of those posting.

Thanks for your time, Wayne Totty

Jediknight3263827

Jedi Master
i bought a few items last week and didnt post,i just pm'ed.
seems stupid , i dont have a facebook account ,i just use the wifes for the sales forums
thats why i dont post

Richarddarklord

Youngling
I hope this does not effect the echo bsae events that i run and organise. As i love the fact that Richard h has supported it from start and grant interview really was appreciated and the second 1 was massive hit.echo base 3 in july/August in Birmingham will be bigger but i need u guys

Richard_H

Grand Master
Sorry Rich I thought it was clear above.

The ECHO BASE UK FB group is a group which IMO has taken a turn for the worse and it's unlikely I'll bother with it for much longer.

The ECHO BASE Fan meetups organized by Rich McLean, Marc Walsh, Rich Temple, Paul Smith et al. are really cool and good meet ups. We will keep pushing those and encourage everyone to get to one.

Those guys have little/nothing to do with the FB group and some supported Jamie and myself with some of the issues which I am grateful for.

Cheers guys. and keep up the good work.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Top Bottom