Artistic SWFUKers Thread as requested by Michael Sith :)

TC-14

Sith Lord
Kind words, Mike- I thank you. There's some back-up discs in the loft that go way back, I'll take a look up there at some point and dig out a few photos of some paintings.

I've got a heck of a lot of respect for you guys that do this for a living, I had a go at it for a couple of years a decade ago- and while being successful at the time, I didn't respond well to pressure, which was ultimately my downfall :? To be honest, I'm much happier driving a fork lift truck in my current job, and getting a regular wage to pay the mortgage (and purchase some vintage goodness) every month! Bit of a cop-out, I know... but it's been good to get back into painting just for the pleasure of it.

Ryan, I regularly visit your website and marvel at your work- any chance you could post some 'exclusives' on this thread? By the way, I love the Popeye mural- where did you do that? Looks the business :D

Drakon

Jedi Knight
June, Tundra and TC...great stuff.

Hey June...I used to write with a Kat that used June as his name. I thought that was pretty cool. I was good with letters but not with characters. I miss those days but in my line of work....I can't. :(

If you guys are up for doing some work for a pin idea I have for C7 that would be awesome. Props would go to either and I would be willing to work something out per say.

Jedi_june

Sith Lord
Drakon said:

Hey June...I used to write with a Kat that used June as his name. I thought that was pretty cool. I was good with letters but not with characters. I miss those days.

That's cool :D I also knew a dude who wrote June lol I used to write MOB ONE. Did u live in the Bronx????? Just curious

BlueDog

Sith Lord
Hey Michael sorry mate I missed your link, great sketches mate you certainly have a talent keep it up and post them up as you do more.

Thanks Martin, there's not to many people who can claim they've been exhibited, I certainly haven't so well done mate I'd love to see some more of your work if you can find it. I fully understand what you mean by the pressure, it gets unbearable at times especially doing commission work. Working with editors is also fun!

Thanks for the comments on the website too, the Popeye mural was from a few years ago when I was still doing airbrush work. It was in a doctors waiting room to keep the kiddies calm. Not sure too many of todays generation of kids would've even known who Popeye is :lol:

Here's some work some of which I've shown before and other stuff which is more the type of work I do on a daily basis. I do a lot of work for the transport industry here is Aus, hence the vehicles.

SW themed toons done for members on here :

Untitled-1_zpse85f551d.jpg

This one is the Artwork for a Marquee when printed came to 12 metres long by three metres high :
Untitled-2_zps9114b278.jpg

Some more general toons and logo designs:

Untitled-3_zps7f823f90.jpg

Logo and caricature work:

Untitled-4_zpse299c404.jpg

Cheers Ryan

TC-14

Sith Lord
Fantastic work, Ryan- I'll bet you've got an endless amount of commissions coming in judging by the quality of the pieces you've shown here :D That 12 metre long marquee mural looks insane :shock: also great to see the preliminary sketch. Keep up the good work, pal :wink:

Drakon

Jedi Knight
Jedi_june said:
Drakon said:

Hey June...I used to write with a Kat that used June as his name. I thought that was pretty cool. I was good with letters but not with characters. I miss those days.

That's cool :D I also knew a dude who wrote June lol I used to write MOB ONE. Did u live in the Bronx????? Just curious

Nope.....a little farther wesssssssssstttttsssssssiiiiiiddddde. LA. :)

Michael Sith

Grand Master
Supporter
Had to have a scribble at this, as I know we had a " what if " thread on carry on characters

Ken Williams as DV would have been awesome :lol:

http://www.flickr.com/photos/94132256@N07/9432636827/

TC-14

Sith Lord
Mike, that made me laugh at loud (truly, rather than just the usual lol :lol: )... you've got a real talent. I'm going to give Andy Chazb73 a nudge, he's got to see this :D

Michael Sith

Grand Master
Supporter
:lol: thought it would be funny

Not being self deprecating, just honest, there is no talent, leave that to Ryan,

Just enjoy scribbling, with a pen

Just trying to think of a character to fit Charles Hawtrey, but struggling on that, although Princess Leia came to mind :lol:

chazb73

Sith Lord
Why have I missed this thread? :?

:lol: Fab Mike - you have got talent mate its very good - you are better at sketching than me - thats why i'm a graphic designer/digital artist! :lol:

Michael Sith

Grand Master
Supporter
Yep...you can hear him saying that line in his nasal tones :lol: :lol:

Andy....scribbling is what I call it mate, I'm one of the guys wants to be an artist, a musical talent, a genius, MR Wannabee I'm afraid :lol: :lol:

Remember I've seen some of your work and its awesome bud, you def have a talent buddy,

But have always loved scribbling, it's so therapeutic and relaxing, and don't have to take too much time up :roll: so the Mrs won't get too mad :lol:

chazb73

Sith Lord
Michael Sith said:
Yep...you can hear him saying that line in his nasal tones :lol: :lol:

Andy....scribbling is what I call it mate, I'm one of the guys wants to be an artist, a musical talent, a genius, MR Wannabee I'm afraid :lol: :lol:

Remember I've seen some of your work and its awesome bud, you def have a talent buddy,

But have always loved scribbling, it's so therapeutic and relaxing, and don't have to take too much time up :roll: so the Mrs won't get too mad :lol:

I mean it mate - I'm fine at doing them in Photoshop or Illustrator but on paper I'm not a world beater shall we say!

Latest posts

Top Bottom