Are there any other sagas that come close to Star Wars?

Simply Sci-fi

Jedi Knight
yoda said:
I can't remember much about Battlestar Galactica. But I do remember watching them at some point.
Just a quick question about something I can remember. Was it in the movie that Starbuck was stranded on some planet with a Cylon?
Battlestar seems to be getting alot of attention on this thread it's now making me curious to watch it again.

I mentioned that the Mission Galactica series was terrible except for one episode. That was the one you remember - The Return of Sturbuck. What a great one, and was the last original cast programme to be made. The only reason I slogged through the entire series and got to see "The Return of Starbuck" was that I was taping the show, that was shown over two weeks during the school holiday (85?), for my best friend that was away with his family. Back in those days, if you turned up a sci-fi party with a tape of "The Return of Starbuck" in your pocket, you simply ruled.

Simply Sci-fi

Jedi Knight
TheJabbaWookie said:
My Dad love Battlestar Galatica and Blake 7. Might have to revisit them both one day...

I feel old, with you saying that your dad was a fan of Blake's 7 and Battlestar! I'm not sure how both will play these days, compared to modern sci-fi. I think it helps if you grew up with them. Both programmes have their fair share of duff episodes but got better as they went along. For me, both shows are essential viewing - for sure.

yoda

Sith Lord
Simply Sci-fi said:
yoda said:
I can't remember much about Battlestar Galactica. But I do remember watching them at some point.
Just a quick question about something I can remember. Was it in the movie that Starbuck was stranded on some planet with a Cylon?
Battlestar seems to be getting alot of attention on this thread it's now making me curious to watch it again.

I mentioned that the Mission Galactica series was terrible except for one episode. That was the one you remember - The Return of Sturbuck. What a great one, and was the last original cast programme to be made. The only reason I slogged through the entire series and got to see "The Return of Starbuck" was that I was taping the show, that was shown over two weeks during the school holiday (85?), for my best friend that was away with his family. Back in those days, if you turned up a sci-fi party with a tape of "The Return of Starbuck" in your pocket, you simply ruled.

Cool thanks I checked it out on YouTube yes that's it. 85? Is that when I would have watched that I never could remember, thanks for the info.

Simply Sci-fi

Jedi Knight
Somebody did a fan edit that had Starbuck flying back to the fleet in the Cylon ship that the three arrived in but I can't find it on youtube now. That's been a conclusion to the story that's been talked about for ages.

chipsteak

Jedi Master
Supporter
The only one I have anything like the same fondness for is Halloween ( the original three that Carpenter and Hill worked on ) and even then the second one is included for youthful fondness reasons only. I've never got into any sort of series of films in adulthood which is a small shame.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

Latest posts

Top Bottom