Another VC Jawa Palitoy found

jedisearcher

Sith Lord
Did anyone see what else will be for sale at the auction? I know Lee's stuff is up for sale, and the much discussed Palitoy 12 backs with the VCJ. Is there anything else that we know about yet?

Lee Bullock

Jedi Knight
Saw this piece at the Vectis stand at the NEC and in my opinion if its fake I have wasted 25 years of my life because to me its 100% fine. I saw the resealed one a couple of years ago that also was fine (the one Jason owns) and Jim Stevenson has looked over both.

Lee

Dark Sith Lord

Grand Master
mr_palitoy said:
Cheers Lee, did anyone else see it at Barry Potter at the NEC this weekend?

:)

Jason

Yes I saw it too!

Its looks fine to me too but I have limited experience with Palitoys!

It was a beautiful piece to see in the flesh! 8) 8)

Dark Sith Lord

Grand Master
jedisearcher said:
Did anyone see what else will be for sale at the auction? I know Lee's stuff is up for sale, and the much discussed Palitoy 12 backs with the VCJ. Is there anything else that we know about yet?

http://www.vectis.co.uk/Page/NewsArticle.aspx?ArticleId=520

mr_palitoy

Sith Lord
The auction is up:-

http://www.vectis.co.uk/Page/ViewLot.aspx?LotId=507477&Section=7219&Start=20

Some other nice palitoys up too, click on the parent directory to see them!

Jason

Palifan

Sith Lord
mr_palitoy said:
The auction is up:-

http://www.vectis.co.uk/Page/ViewLot.aspx?LotId=507477&Section=7219&Start=20

Some other nice palitoys up too, click on the parent directory to see them!

Jason

There are some nice 12/20 back palitoy's there, there's even the R2 Style bubble Jawa! :D

jedisearcher

Sith Lord
Dark Sith Lord said:
jedisearcher said:

http://www.vectis.co.uk/Page/NewsArticle.aspx?ArticleId=520

Cool thanks.

Who is going then? I am :eek:

TC-14

Sith Lord
Superb links, Liam and Jason- much obliged.

Fascinating to see the original acetate of the Tom Chantrell film poster... this is where my wide-eyed wonder at the whole Star Wars universe began. I haven't got the funds to even begin hoping of making a bid, but I am tempted to make that journey up the A1 to witness one of the greatest Star Wars auctions to be held on this planet.

And that R2-D2 blueprint with German text and hand notation really is something else. I want it bad. I must remember to keep my hands by my waist in the auction room come October 24th.

Dark Sith Lord

Grand Master
And that R2-D2 blueprint with German text and hand notation really is something else. I want it bad. I must remember to keep my hands by my waist in the auction room come October 24th.[/quote]

I remember being in two minds about bidding at the original Wellers auction on that piece. It really is a beautiful piece 8)

mr_palitoy

Sith Lord
Kathy from vectis will be on bbc breakfast from 6am Sunday talking about the upcoming sale. Will see if I can get an online link up after it's aired.

Cheers Jason

mr_palitoy

Sith Lord
Some more info from Kathy. She's going to ask anyone who can remember having a vinyl cape jawa as a kid to phone in, also any ex palitoy employees. Will be interesting to see what that turns up. In the discussions I've seen on here and rebelscum over the years, I've not seen anyone say with any conviction that their vinyl cape jawa in the UK was kenner or palitoy branded as it all happened such along time ago and it's difficult to remember clearly. Also, Dave Trees palitoy employee contacts have drawn a blank on this so would be cool if some more come forward.

Jason

x-pack

Grand Master
Just saw it on BBC breakfast. Looks a nice piece. Surprises me that it's not locked away in a grading case, instead it's in a plain old Star Case :|

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

Latest posts

Top Bottom