Another VC Jawa Palitoy found

TC-14

Sith Lord
Too right, Iain- I've just been checking out Lee's limelight... there's some cracking Palitoy goodness in there (refrain from reading this if you're looking, Lee- you're absolutely doing the right thing. Your kids will thank you in years to come, no doubt about it :wink:)

Is auction day Thursday, 24th October? I'm thinking about booking the day off work, and tootling up the A1 in the old Morris Minor. I do like the excitement an auction room generates!

mr_palitoy

Sith Lord
Repost from rebelscum:-

Just got a reply from Richard Torres about the AFA graded one. He says that one isn't his and the one he had was unpunched. And not the Vectis one as that one has bubble damage.

http://forum.rebelscum.com/t1096312-2/

Looking back at the discussion we had when I posted the AFA graded one, Richard Torres ownership of it isn't that clear cut at all. Certainly, it is the same as the 'just say no to repros' picture that has been doing the rounds for years, but his name is attributed to being the owner in half remembered conversations from several years previously, so not as iron cast as I originally thought. So that's potentially another one that's out there somewhere!

:)

Jason

tiefighterboy

Grand Master
This appears to be a touchy subject over on the RS thread. It seems like a pointless arguement as to validity. You either accept something for what it is or question everything. Harsh words everywhere for a figure most of us, if not all of us...have no intentions of buying.

mr_palitoy

Sith Lord
tiefighterboy said:
This appears to be a touchy subject over on the RS thread. It seems like a pointless arguement as to validity. You either accept something for what it is or question everything. Harsh words everywhere for a figure most of us, if not all of us...have no intentions of buying.

Yes, seems I've set everyone off again over there by PMing Torres. At least I've heard everyone's POV now which is good.

:roll:

Jason

mr_palitoy

Sith Lord
1237960_10151668164942568_84941499_n.jpg

https://apps.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=10151668164942568&set=a.10151668154487568.1073741841.536247567&type=1

On display at Sandown today!

Jason

TC-14

Sith Lord
Smashing to see, Jason... but to be honest, I thought the Palitoy VCJ would be in a glass case all of its own, with a single spotlight shining down, illuminating what lies within for all to see... :wink: :D

Caswellbot

Sith Lord
Hey guys, I've not read this thread for a while but just wanted to say that I saw the palitoy vcj yesterday in the flesh at Sandown with Bram. I asked vectis if I could inspect it and I was allowed to under supervision wearing a rather fetching pair of white gloves. I felt like a snooker referee. For what its worth I saw nothing wrong with it and other than the damage to the bubble that has been photographed and discussed. There is also a compression crease on the reverse of the card from where the bubble was attached in the factory. I had a very good look at it and I am confident that it was factory sealed and not a reseal or tampered with.

All the best, Chris.

mr_palitoy

Sith Lord
Caswellbot said:
Hey guys, I've not read this thread for a while but just wanted to say that I saw the palitoy vcj yesterday in the flesh at Sandown with Bram. I asked vectis if I could inspect it and I was allowed to under supervision wearing a rather fetching pair of white gloves. I felt like a snooker referee. For what its worth I saw nothing wrong with it and other than the damage to the bubble that has been photographed and discussed. There is also a compression crease on the reverse of the card from where the bubble was attached in the factory. I had a very good look at it and I am confident that it was factory sealed and not a reseal or tampered with.

All the best, Chris.

Picture of you in the white gloves?

Jason

Richard_H

Grand Master
Fake, fake, fake.

If you look at the light shining on the brown and green balls and then compare it with the light on the yellow ball, taking into account the placement of the VCJ and lack of reflective light, despite the shiny surface of the case and taking into account this is one long sentence and contains poor punctuation, I can therefore conclude FAKE.

mr_palitoy

Sith Lord
Fishtalk said:
Saw this in the Sunday People today, not exactly story of the year but you get the point. Sort of.

Picture1153_zpsa615cfe3.jpg

Trust the People not to even be able to spell the name of the film right...

:roll:

Jason

palitoyjunky

Sith Lord
That ref can handle my balls anytime :twisted:

Was at Sandown Sat also, put the white gloves on and had a good look out back too.
Was with 'Jawa Man' Graham who was armed with a v sophisticated LED magnifying glass 8) and we are both happy it's an authentic MOC example!

Even Jim Stevenson was happy to put his name to this one :lol:

TC-14

Sith Lord
All good 8) what with the tail chasing over on RS about this small matter, it's great to hear of first, second, third, fourth and fifth opinions from respected collectors in the community who have seen it 'in the flesh', so to speak.

Really looking forward to October 24th. There'll be some palpable excitement in the auction room on that day, no doubt about it :lol:

Martin

P.S. Good luck, Nick- I'll be rooting for you :wink:

Nick_IoW

Sith Lord
Love the fact you guys have had the chance for a close look at it.

Irony is, the guy I bought the Kenner VC from (he was reluctant to sell) wanted to use the money from the sale to have a go at bidding on the Palitoy VC - so I have either shot myself in the foot by increasing his pool - or that guy isn't gonna be happy with no VC at all. Getting exciting though!

So far away... or so it seems, I think some of you may have gathered I don't like to wait :p

Black Falcon

Padawan
palitoyjunky said:
That ref can handle my balls anytime :twisted:

Was at Sandown Sat also, put the white gloves on and had a good look out back too.
Was with 'Jawa Man' Graham who was armed with a v sophisticated LED magnifying glass 8) and we are both happy it's an authentic MOC example!

Even Jim Stevenson was happy to put his name to this one :lol:

Those magnifying glasses are pretty nifty:
http://www.robertdyas.co.uk/P~148168~Rolson-6-LED-Illuminated-Magnifying-Glass
A bargain at £3.29!

- Graham

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

Latest posts

Top Bottom