And if you thought Star Wars vintage was getting expensive..

Palifan

Sith Lord
http://www.ebay.com/itm/Action-Comics-1-June-1938-Supermans-Debut-CGC-9-0-Perfect-White-Pages-/311050328393?roken=cUgayN

Ian

Palifan

Sith Lord
I think it's for real. Note that you have to be that special type of ebay user to even bid on it (wonder how you get that privilege?).

Palifan

Sith Lord
ponchobelt said:
Wasnt there a comic found wrapped a pipe in a cellar last summer a first issue it was worth loads!

I remember this, I think it was found in a dry wall but not sure of the year it was found or how much it went for. This one is the highest graded one out there. Nicholas Cage used to have one that I think he paid around $850 000 for but was stolen from his house. I heard he was more than gutted about losing it even though he received the issuance money for it. Maybe he's bidding on it.

PGowdy

Grand Master
mr_palitoy said:
Last one at this grade went for 2.1 mill a few years ago, so a way to go yet on this auction.

:)

Jason

Wow, that's amazing. I knew comics were big money but i didn't realise to that level! :shock:

jedi_masters

Sith Lord
Supporter
That is unbelievable. You have to be a pre approved bidder by e-mailing the seller so has to be genuine.

:shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock:

ODB

Jedi Master
Cage's one was stolen then recovered and sold in an auction for $2.1m, so its not that unheard of. The true mental money is in art and cars, a Ferrari 25 gto went for close to £23m recently. So this is small fry.

Stormtrooper37

Sith Lord
I've been looking at houses near where I live as I will be moving end of this year and I know what I would rather spend one million pounds on ,I don't have million pounds by the way :lol: but a lot of the house around where I live are £1 Million ++++ properties

Nice house in the Cotswolds or a comic book?????????? um I will take the house Thank you!

No Brainer

poncho

Grand Master
:shock: crazy money

out of interest whats the most a single vintage sw piece has been auctioned and sold @

a prototype im assuming or a mint early bird set or the boba fett rocket mock-up trade fair moc?

x-pack

Grand Master
ponchobelt said:

out of interest whats the most a single vintage sw piece has been auctioned and sold @

a prototype im assuming or a mint early bird set or the boba fett rocket mock-up trade fair moc?

Toys and props or just toys? I'm guessing that some props go for very silly money

edd_jedi

Staff member
Supporter
I do find it interesting that "50-100 copies exist" and it is still selling for nearly $2m. There are loads of one-of-a-kind Star Wars items, and it's equally as popular a franchise, yet things sell for a mere fraction.

Palifan

Sith Lord
All I can think is that it's possibly the most significant comic out there due to it kicking starting the whole superhero thing and also the high grade.

Some of these types of comics can go for crazy money with only slight grading differences between them. I guess some of the collectors out there will pay quite a bit extra for those high grades……kind of reminds me of another collecting interest although I can't quite remember which one at this moment. :wink:

Grant

Sith Lord
ponchobelt said:

Screen used prop. Tie Fighter. Sold at the premier collectible auction in 2008 for $340000

I'm told that the screen used death star prop that is hiding in one of the super collectors collection would easily sell for over a mill.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Top Bottom