93 people on SWFUK today

tiefighterboy

Grand Master
tundra9 said:
Dark Sith Lord said:
Well. It looks like Joe has now gone over to TIG. Its also looks like if the ban lasts the whole 30 days he will not be going back on RS but only to ost one last Hurrah or just to use the Classifieds :|

PS Looks like their is no love loss between TIG and RS :p

http://www.imperialgunneryforum.com/t4144p60-looks-like-ya-ll-are-stuck-with-my-charming-company-for-the-next-month

Sorry for the guys who cant view TiG :(

Liam

I only browse the Classifieds over there, staying away from TIG as much as I can, because my eyes hurt if
I read for more than 5mins.. :lol: :lol:

Yeah... I am pretty much the same on that one.

Josh

Sith Lord
64e01b38_butthurt.png

Dark Sith Lord

Grand Master
Looks like Philip has locked the thread and made an announcement

This post on TIG from Josh_T sums up the oponion of many in the RS Community

This is one of Philips quotes that bothers me the most
Quote from Philip_Wise:
"There is no freedom of speech in this forum."
Source: http://forum.rebelscum.com/t1079830-2/#post18778484

While Philip does have the right to run his forum anyway he wants, apparently he does not understand the definition of freedom of speech. Freedom of speech is the right to express ones ideas or opinions, with the following exceptions: libel, slander, obscenity and incitement to commit a crime, without fear of censorship. Yes, Joe may have used obscenity in his posts but he did not use it without provocation or just for the sake of using it. How does making a statement that freedom of speech is not allowed contribute to creating a positive, welcoming environment for the forum? According to Philips own statement nearly every member of the site should have been banned by now for simply making a post and expressing an opinion or idea. I understand the policy of not allowing political, war, or religious topics to keep arguments at a minimum and I also understand that there should be some level of respect and civility among members but a discussion forum cannot exist without allowing members to speak their minds or express their opinions and ideas even if they disagree with each other. Once you start down this path of instilling fear in members that they may be punished for anything they say where does it end?

Thoughts?

PGowdy

Grand Master
I'm glad James Gallo came on and finally cleared things up. To most it was clear from the off- Joe broke the rules for the umpteenth time and was deservedly handed a suspension. It seems, as strange as it sounds, that even a knowledgable, long standing members of RS must abide by the rules. Who knew?
I do agree that if a person is suspended it should be explained to them in full why they were suspended but i don't think it is anyone else's business on the forum and i don't think MODs should explain themselves to all who want to know. Except perhaps i the case of a long-standing member being fully banned.
I don't post or really read much over at RS any more because of the strict and stringent way it is run but as Josh has pointed out many times (and something a long standing member should know better than anyone), you know what it's like over there so don't complain when the mods come down on you for breaking the rules. Simples.
I've also always had a problem with the level of hypocrisy and unevenness at RS. The whole Poon thing came about because they were allowing a longstanding respected member to do something that they banned other members form doing. One guy was warned and threatened with a banning for selling custom carded figures on there (advertised as custom). I asked the mod why one guy was being chastised for something that Poon was openly doing and of course i got no answer. This was the beginning of the end for me over there. Just couldn't stomach that level of hypocrisy. So for me, the banning of Joe IF (and i don't know what he did or said and if it was actually obviously breaking the rules... again) but IF he was doing or saying something he shouldn't perhaps it's a step in the right direction to taming some of the more aggressive and arrogant/unwelcoming members over there.
Just my thoughts.

Josh

Sith Lord
Edd must be proud. I don't think one person said "Lets all go hang out at SWFUK" :lol: The cunts.

tiefighterboy

Grand Master
Josh said:
Edd must be proud. I don't think one person said "Lets all go hang out at SWFUK" :lol: The cunts.
Some of them just cant hang here....too many potty mouths and off topic stuff placed in threads that are about star wars...we would all be banned. I agree TIG is a good place for the more "Serious" PC Collector.

Josh

Sith Lord
It's not that at all. It's all to do with the "click" mate. Nothing is stopping them from posting here...except being black listed by their "friends". Either that, or they are just too good for the place :lol:

People want to go on about RS going to ****? It went to **** as soon as TIG started up. It divided the communities up. Whether people chose to believe that or not. That's what happened.

It went from being "We are just a place to discuss repros" to "We want to be the biggest and best vintage forum on the net". Which was always going to happen, as much as anyone will tell you otherwise.
Funny thing is, it was not long ago everyone was wanting to bail from there because of all the variant talk and stupid questions....The same thing EVERYONE whinged about happening on RS.

Then of course you get these people who are like... "It's not like the old days" yadah yadah yadah.
Get with the ****en times. Of course things are going to change over time. Do you seriously expect people to hang around all their lives on the forums? They will come and go. Be active for long periods and dormant for others. I am only on all day because I work from home most the time. I am sure there are people who only read up once a month....some once a year...others once every few years. To not expect changes is ****en retarded.

As for the potty mouths and OT posters...TIG has them as well. It has nothing to do with that at all.

Top of the mornig to yah :lol:

itfciain

Grand Master
To be honest, I thought that Joe Y comes across as a bit of a cock and I don't understand the need to 'flame' newbies - if the guy made a mistake then why get involved if all you are going to do is be negative ? Admittedly, from what I read the new guy was also a cock - but at the end of the day, you know what to expect on RS so I have no sympathy for Joe Y at all

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

Latest posts

Top Bottom