Watch out! Post Fakes, Repros, Customs selling on ebay here

itfciain

Grand Master
Anything bought from a 'charity jumble sale' is never a great sign - and when the seller keeps his sales feedback private then for me there is something to hide

The card is too washed out is clearly a repro

Grant_C

Grand Master
Supporter
I know they did Tauntaun reins,

but EV-9D9 arms?

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Vintage-Star-Wars-POTF-Last-17-EV-9D9-Repro-Arm-Set-Right-Left-Pair-/360484736327?pt=UK_ToysGames_ActionFigures_ActionFigures_JN&hash=item53ee908d47

tiefighterboy

Grand Master
Maulster79 said:
I know they did Tauntaun reins,

but EV-9D9 arms?

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Vintage-Star-Wars-POTF-Last-17-EV-9D9-Repro-Arm-Set-Right-Left-Pair-/360484736327?pt=UK_ToysGames_ActionFigures_ActionFigures_JN&hash=item53ee908d47
That's a new one I think. The arms are always loose or missing.......you can see who is cashing in on that.

x-pack

Grand Master
PGowdy said:
The whole saga. Note i resisted the urge to be rude or get aggressive... not easy when confronted with this kind of idiocy...

Screenshot2011-07-25at185237.png

Screenshot2011-07-25at185255.png

Screenshot2011-07-25at185409.png

Screenshot2011-07-25at185308-1.png

Screenshot2011-07-25at200342.png

I don't know if you ever got to the bottom of this (there are eight pages of posts in this thread) but the seller and the customer are the same. I've done some analytical work with text and the punctuation/grammar rhythms used are the same in each section. See how commas are used or how sentences start. It's a dead giveaway.

weasel

Staff member
Supporter
I only read the section you highlighted, but when the 'buyer' got so defensive and aggro as soon as they were informed they had been had my first thought was that they were also the seller, shill bidding gone wrong. No way a buyer would react like that.

PGowdy

Grand Master
xpack1 said:
PGowdy said:
I don't know if you ever got to the bottom of this (there are eight pages of posts in this thread) but the seller and the customer are the same. I've done some analytical work with text and the punctuation/grammar rhythms used are the same in each section. See how commas are used or how sentences start. It's a dead giveaway.

Hey xpack. We've not been introduced. I'm Pete. This was a while back and as you suggest it was eventually assumed (after someone mentioned it on here i think) that these 2 people were actually the same person so not only was he selling fakes as originals but he was shill bidding with a separate account and it seems i contacted his other account to warn the "buyer". Actually couldn't have worked out better cos he really knew i was onto him then. So i'm glad it was actually him i was contacting. It also means that he didn't actually sell them. I kept a look out for a while but the lot never appeared again. Hopefully i scared him off. ;)

PGowdy

Grand Master
You need only fear my mind Ryan... my muscles are quite small. :lol:

I got a guy at the moment bought a Short Circuit album and sticker set from me on ebay. He's written to me saying it's a fake and accusing me of fraud. Little did he know i got it from the Panini factory itself and still have the email confirmations of purchase. I have written to them asking them to confirm in writing that all their vintage albums are original and not reprints and they in no way sell reprints as originals or intentionally misdescribe their products.
They've written me a long email explaining that everything they sell is vintage and original except where described otherwise. And they added they'd like to hear exactly why my customer believes the item to be fake.
I'm looking forward to ramming that email right up his arse... metaphorically of course.

e30318is

Sith Lord
This is possibly the biggest pile of gash I have ever seen:

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Vintage-Star-Wars-POTF-Last-17-EV-9D9-Repro-Arm-Set-Right-Left-Pair-/360551039479?pt=UK_ToysGames_ActionFigures_ActionFigures_JN&hash=item53f28441f7

:roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll:

JuniorChubb

Sith Lord
Great something else to look out for. :(

Thanks for posting though, those gits will repro anything. I haven't got a loose one of these yet, better buy it on here or I will end up with one with a gammy arm... :lol:

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

Latest posts

Top Bottom