Top FIVE Vintage items that YOU own (TAKE PICTURES!) v2016

kvavik

Jedi Knight
Hi, Everybody!

I've been looking at "Top FIVE vintage items" treads from 2009-2013, but can't seem to find any never ones, so I thought it might be a fun idea to start it up again.

My collection is super small, about 12 items, but always hard to make choices. Here we go:

Top5.jpg

1: 12 back Meccano Yan
2: 20 back Meccano Luc
3: 37/41 back Poch Yoda
4: 18 back Meccano Boba Fett
5: 65 back PBP Luke Hoth

Tracking these items down have been very fun, but also stressful as hell. I think many can relate.

Looking forward to see your posts! and hopefully lots of Palitoy goodness. ;-)

Joe

Grand Master
Great top five mate, I agree with storm - nobody is going to top that for the wow factor (or are they?) but people should still play along! When I first started this up years ago it was more about which items meant the most to you, not necessarily your most expensive or rarest - so go on guys, join in! It's a great excuse to dust off some of your favs for a quick photo shoot :)

kvavik

Jedi Knight
Thanks guys! Well, I asked Mark Yeo to post his new top five. So it wont be top notch for long.
Besides, as Joe says, it's not only wow factor that makes these treads fun. It's the stories that are told and passion that is shown! Mine is for non-english international packing. So please, post post post!

_Lee_

Sith Lord
These are always my top items, and the reason we do what we do. :)

Attachments

• VIDS.jpg
    VIDS.jpg
    176.3 KB · Views: 1,081

stormcab

Sith Lord
Ok, here's mine.

1 - Palitoy TIE Fighter Pilot. I think this is my most awesome MOC to look at. I've often wondered if I were to sell everything except 1 MOC, it would probably be this one.
2 - Clipper Han Solo 12 Back. Bought this back in the mid 90s, one of the few of my original collection that I haven't sold. Before I got back into collecting in 2015, I didn't see anything about Clippers and so thought it was not sought after as much as a Kenner and almost got rid of it. Phew! One of only 3 graded by AFA last time I checked.
3 - Kenner ESB AT-AT Driver with survival kit offer. Just love the visuals of this card, and for me the price sticker adds to it, and wouldn't exchange it for one without. This figure (not the card) is the only one I actually have a memory of choosing in a shop myself.
4 - PBP ERG with offer - These ERG on foreign cards are the absolute nuts visually. Although I love this MOC in its own right, it's a fill-in until I get my hands on my real grail a Lili Ledy one.
5 - Takara Leia 12 Back. Again this is one of only 5 MOCs that I kept from my mid 90s collecting days. With the hundreds of Kenners showing up, having this rarer one makes it very special to me. One of only about 8 graded last time I checked.

Attachments

• Top 5.jpg
    Top 5.jpg
    202.8 KB · Views: 1,070

MarkG

Jedi Master
Super, smashing, great pieces guys... loving them.

Here's my lowly effort compared to those.. but they do have a story..

DSCF3765_zpszdbjsidv.jpg

Trilogo Yak.... well, it is Yak Face, and considering the prices lately, was lucky to get this one at a reasonable price..
Nein Numb - Never bought this figure back in the day on the card, only mailaway.. So nice to have a MOC version finally.
C-3PO - The only 12bk I have a hope of owning in this current climate.
Jawa - Again, the only non Palitoy/Kenner figure I will own.
Boba Fett.... the mighty Boba Fett on genuine Palitoy 45back card...Not a sign of TT in sight.

palitoyjunky

Sith Lord
kvavik said:
Hi, Everybody!

I've been looking at "Top FIVE vintage items" treads from 2009-2013, but can't seem to find any never ones, so I thought it might be a fun idea to start it up again.

My collection is super small, about 12 items, but always hard to make choices. Here we go:

Top5.jpg

1: 12 back Meccano Yan
2: 20 back Meccano Luc
3: 37/41 back Poch Yoda
4: 18 back Meccano Boba Fett
5: 65 back PBP Luke Hoth

Tracking these items down have been very fun, but also stressful as hell. I think many can relate.

Looking forward to see your posts! and hopefully lots of Palitoy goodness. ;-)

:eek: :shock: :eek: :shock: as said Ove, ur the winner mate :!: :!:

olisuds

Sith Lord
Holy crap Oliver, that's outstanding. Although I've seen enough from you to know you could put a second top 5 together that would be equally as impressive :)

kvavik

Jedi Knight
Thanks guys! Much appreciated! Thanks to another great member of this forum, I'll soon have a add a Harbert. Picking up a C3.

Stormcab: Lovely items! You know very well I'm a big fan of that Han Solo! and that Leia Takara is really clean. Seldom you see such a white Torso on the figure. And I agree on the Tie Fighter; it's one of the coolest looking items out there.

MarkG: Palitoy Boba double stem is really cool! Nice to see a genuine one! And not a TT afa90 :D

Pomse2001

Grand Master
Thanks guys for all the pictures, you all have some cool a beautiful items, I will sit down and think about my 5 holy grails :lol:

plantainman

Jedi Master
I agree with Lars, this needs some thought, Not sure which are my 'favourite five' figures I currently own, which I guess is a standard problem for any variant collector as we have so many multiples of the same figure lol

theforceuk

Grand Master
Supporter
I agree need to think about it before I post on this thread.

What a great thread by the way and some amazing items. :shock:

BlueDog

Sith Lord
I'm going a little different this time and putting up my favourite five vintage non toy items.

First up Australian (style C) theatre poster, followed by a group of Australian theatre daybill posters from Jedi, Empire and Spaceballs :lol: . Underneath is an original Star Wars program.

20160517_205908_zpsamuqdbvj.jpg

20160517_210838_zps3ppvzn4p.jpg

plantainman

Jedi Master
As a variant guy, It was really hard to choose just 5, but I have settled on these five based on sentimental value...

top_5.jpg

Left to right,
Retorno Hong Kong Lili Ledy Han Bespin, White face Leia Hoth, PBP 4-Lom, Light Brown belt TAIWAN Boba Fett, "1" COO Light Green Wally

Bonsai_Tree_Ent

Jedi Master
Hard to choose 5 but like BlueDog I have to include some vintage cinema posters - I just love the artwork on these three early ones. The Palitoy Death Star also would have to be included as it's the toy I enjoyed most as a kid, and would still be my vote for best playset. I am also including the Sandcrawler. I never had this as a child so it holds no nostalgic connection for me but it's such a chunky, well crafted toy (plus it actually moves with electronics) that arguably I'd say it's the best vehicle in the vintage line. (but the real answer is that I love all the vintage pieces in my collection, yep even you loose Weequay).

compilation.jpg

olisuds

Sith Lord
plantainman said:
As a variant guy, It was really hard to choose just 5, but I have settled on these five based on sentimental value...

top_5.jpg

Left to right,
Retorno Hong Kong Lili Ledy Han Bespin, White face Leia Hoth, PBP 4-Lom, Light Brown belt TAIWAN Boba Fett, "1" COO Light Green Wally

Oooh I do love me some cool variants. Love the PBP 4-Lom and Light Green Wally but that White face Leia Hoth is pretty awesome especially with the 2 different colour hips!

lejackal

Grand Master
My current top 5 - Palitoy twin stem 65 back Luke Farmboy, ESB-H ERG Baggie with Sears sticker, ROTJ ERG Pencil, European ROTJ MISB Tripod Laser Cannon and complete working Y-Wing

Top%205%20P1_zps1gipqu93.png

Top%205%20P2_zpskv1i5e6q.png

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Top Bottom