swapping luke dt body

TheWiseRabbit

Padawan
hi all
i wanna send my luke dt to afa but before i do i just had a thought id like to run by you guys first.

ive got another farm boy luke in better condition but with a normal light sabre.

would it matter if i swapped the two sending off the better luke to afa with the dt sabre?

they are both practically the same. on the back of both left legs thee is 'gm fgi, 1977, hong kong'

the only difference is the legs on the dt luke is very very slightly lighter.

other than that i cant see any other differences. would afa still grade it??

ive tried to photograph both lukes so you can see. :)

ss015.jpg

the one on the right is the luke dt. the one on the left is the body i wannna swap

Joe

Grand Master
Body as in , swap the sabers out? Or body as in remove the arms and legs etc?

If its just the sabers then as far as I know the are looking for the exact figure to go with the saber and god knows what kind of checks they have for that.

TheWiseRabbit

Padawan
Joe said:
Body as in , swap the sabers out? Or body as in remove the arms and legs etc?

If its just the sabers then as far as I know the are looking for the exact figure to go with the saber and god knows what kind of checks they have for that.

no mate its just swapping the sabres around.
would afa really care if i just swapped one 1977 figure with another or am i being naive?

Jedi534

Jedi Knight
You have to keep him together. Here's an example of how I feel about the subject. :lol:

sw_luke_dt_pos_01.jpg

Even though the saber and figure are totally jacked, it's the real deal in every way.

Joe

Grand Master
Yep, they will be able to tell as well ! Got to keep the saber with the right figure

Idefix13

Padawan
I'm not sure but shouldn't the DT Luke have lighter pants and different painted eyes?

It could be that your DT Luke has already been swapped in the past... before sending him to AFA (still not sure why somebody sends something to AFA) I'd send them an email if the figures is correct and can be graded and certificated as DT Luke.

Just my thoughts...

Uli

TheWiseRabbit

Padawan
Idefix13 said:
I'm not sure but shouldn't the DT Luke have lighter pants and different painted eyes?

It could be that your DT Luke has already been swapped in the past... before sending him to AFA (still not sure why somebody sends something to AFA) I'd send them an email if the figures is correct and can be graded and certificated as DT Luke.

Just my thoughts...

Uli

i really do hope the figure the dt came with is an original! im guessing it must be as its in pretty poor condition (c7ish) and the person who sold it to me could easily have swapped it for a mint one. the eyes are black and the legs are a very slight tan colour.

uli - the reason im sending it to afa is simply to preserve the loose figure and to guarantee its authenticity

Jedi534 - i see your point. i wont be swapping. thanks. although now it seems i have a new dilemma with the original figures authenticity!!!

Stargeezer

Sith Lord
This has been tested On RS before, and all AFA cares about is the right COO for the luke DT figure. So if your DT figure is the right one and the COO's match up, you can get it graded. If your not sure about the COO pm me.

Grant

Sith Lord
I dont think its that simple. I think only the very light colour of trousers is the Luke that is recognised as being the DT Luke. I could be wrong tho.

Grant.

TheWiseRabbit

Padawan
Grant said:
I dont think its that simple. I think only the very light colour of trousers is the Luke that is recognised as being the DT Luke. I could be wrong tho.

Grant.

grant i remember from looking at your collection you have a carded luke dt.
do the legs on my one look similar to the one you have?
ive tried to take a pic of both of mine (dt on left) in daylight so you can see the difference.
imo i do think the dt fig has slightly lighter legs

fghsrty020.jpg

uli - thanks for the link. made interesting reading :)

Grant

Sith Lord
Hello,

I could be wrong but the figure on the right without the DT saber looks more like the DT Luke.
The DT Luke has very light coloured blond hair and the lightest shade of brown trousers. Im no expert but this is what I believe tho.

Grant. 8)

spoons

Grand Master
Grant said:
Hello,

I could be wrong but the figure on the right without the DT saber looks more like the DT Luke.
The DT Luke has very light coloured blond hair and the lightest shade of brown trousers. Im no expert but this is what I believe tho.

Grant. 8)

the hair colour depends on whether it was an eb baggie or a later carded one.

AFA will grade it as long as it doesn't have orange or brown hair

**Delboy75**

Jedi Master
All the early bird Dt luke baggies i have seen have had pale yellow hair, but i've seen them with both light brown & dark brown (almost black) eyes.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

Latest posts

Top Bottom