Luke farmboy sabre

Dinosrus

Youngling
Hi, does the luke farmboy sabre sink?
I have 6 luke farmboy's sabres, which I believed to be original, they all sink. They also all 'shine' when placed under a u.v light.
I have a dark brown luke with a flat end/ thin tip, again this will sink too.
Would appreciate a little advice and help from those of you with more knowledge.
Will post some pics later.
Thanks in advance fellow collectors.

Pomse2001

Grand Master
If I remember correct uv light are the best way to id them. Some original float others sink.

I do not know if they do better repro today since I last checked my own sabers maybe 5 or 10 years ago. A lot are happening with repro and they get better.

I also have read years ago some melt broken original sabers to new complete sabers, I also guess that are some kind of repro :unsure:

Dinosrus

Youngling
If I remember correct uv light are the best way to id them. Some original float others sink.

I do not know if they do better repro today since I last checked my own sabers maybe 5 or 10 years ago. A lot are happening with repro and they get better.

I also have read years ago some melt broken original sabers to new complete sabers, I also guess that are some kind of repro :unsure:
Thank you for your help. I've become a bit muddled with all these sabres and my flat end small too ine floats, and returns fliating when pushed. The other 3 will float and then sink under pressure.
I have another sabre I bought in around 2010 which was sold as genuine ( £10) this won't float at sll but shines in uv.
Two I bought as repros will not shine, but one floats. What a nightmare lol. Guessing these are reps.
I can't see any letters on the hills, which wouldve been another sign.

Again thanks for your help.

Pomse2001

Grand Master
Thank you for your help. I've become a bit muddled with all these sabres and my flat end small too ine floats, and returns fliating when pushed. The other 3 will float and then sink under pressure.
I have another sabre I bought in around 2010 which was sold as genuine ( £10) this won't float at sll but shines in uv.
Two I bought as repros will not shine, but one floats. What a nightmare lol. Guessing these are reps.
I can't see any letters on the hills, which wouldve been another sign.

Again thanks for your help.
Sorry I cant confirm any of them are repro, we need pictures of them :) as I said some float others sink, some also have letters others do not. I think most sabers do not have letters. They only used letters on the early sabers if I remember correct.

Latest posts

Top Bottom