Star Wars Celebration Europe 3 - July 15th - 17th 2016

Ren Solo

Padawan
mr_palitoy said:
Ren Solo said:
Just announced that 3 day tickets have sold out!

10298805_1182343618458524_3611999568065554975_n.jpg

Single passes for Friday/Saturday/Sunday comes in at £95 rather than the £70 3 day pass. Looking unlikely they will be selling tickets on the door. Going to buy my single day passes now. I guess that means they'll give me 3 lanyards right? Will need those for badges...

:eek:

Jason

Just done the same. A bit dearer but don't want to risk losing out on all 3 days altogether.

lee gray

Sith Lord
I have got tickets for fri and saturday, and hotel till sunday morning, maybe nearer the time might get a sunday ticket too as can still go condidering will be in the area sunday

ianbrooke

Padawan
Hotel booked staying from Tuesday til Monday as taking the other half so we can do some sight seeing etc
staying about a mile away from Excel

_Lee_

Sith Lord
I may go either Friday /Sunday but wanted 2 days with a stay. :roll:

This actually has me concerned, London will be in meltdown that day and i think there will be problems coping with the amount of tickets sold, which i assume would be around the 100,000 mark???

Jez

Sith Lord
This strikes me as very odd. 322 days to go and sold out??? It all seems a bit fishy to me.
Anaheim wasn't like this and i'd set the USA as the crazy benchmark, no offence Todd xx

maxf

Jedi Master
I assume a decent proportion have been bought by people who want to sell them on closer to the time. I can't believe that many people have their travel plans all set for 11 months time!

I bought Friday and Sunday tickets - I'm going to swoop in on Friday morning and buy the bargains up, then bid the dealers in the balls for their remaining stock on Sunday night ;)

In seriousness - I wouldn't let not going on Saturday put people off going for the weekend. a)I bet tickets will be available somehow, and b) there is tons to do in London so Saturday could be a SW fancy dress pub crawl or something similarly geeky.

ScruffyLookingNH

Sith Lord
Supporter
Spot on Max. Really positive way to look at it. At first I was bloody annoyed (still am, actually) and sulked "**** it. Not going." Then I thought it may work out well, actually, as I can take a day off in between the madness! And it would force me to save a small fortune on the hotel as I will not travel up from Sussex on the Friday and the Sunday :) So, Friday and Sunday tickets bought.

As for people buying tickets to flip, I'll be surprised if that works. I believe these tickets are pick up only to prevent scalpers. Usually, you are required to present the card you paid with, or at least ID that matches payment details. If people are scalping there's going to be chaos on the day as loads of people are going to have to be meeting up and handing over the tickets in person following pick up.

panastur

Padawan
As posted on their FB page:

Just can't believe this. Or just hard to believe they sold more than 50,000 tickets for one day... Capacity of the Exell center is at any one time for 68,750 visitors.
As far as i now, in all Cons and Celebs tickets were available to the very last days, rarely weeks. Why Children tickets still available then??? Do they pretend small children will attend to the show without their parents?
So my question: Is this an underestimation of the event's organisation or just a strategy to sell "Less seller days" as friday and sunday are???

Frunkstar

Grand Master
Huge bummer, not got tickets yet & being so far away not much point going for one day, never thought this would happen, hell CE2 was not like this, I blame Disney :lol: no a serious note, I hope I can get a saturday pass or I may well be out

db94

Sith Lord
Supporter
Yep pretty much scuppered it for us, too expensive to travel down and stay if we're not getting the full 3 days. I know we should have booked tickets earlier but still feel a bit cheated as it's 2015 and organisers have zero excuse for not handling sales better - at the very least they could have worked a traffic light system for availability giving warning when numbers got low.

We had to make sure we secured a very close hotel as my daughter sometimes needs a crutch so even a 15 minute walk to Excel each day was no use and adding a couple of taxi rides each day was going to be silly expensive so we couldn't commit to tickets until accommodation was sorted. Well we managed to get the hotel booked but now Saturday is gone!

We loved CE in 2007 so were looking forward to this but now we're just going to save and aim for Florida in 2017, fingers crossed the new SW attraction will be up and running.

Mr-shifter

Sith Lord
This is such a shame that these tickets seem to have sold out. I sincerely hope that there is no funny business going on here. I get that now the middle day has sold out its a lot of money and a lot of ****ing around for people but these celebrations are great things. If you can get there for just one day you will not regret it in my humble opinion. For the fan of all things Star Wars there will be something there for you.

It's in the country you live in. You won't get another opportunity to do this for a while. Celebration Europe was 2007 and it hasn't been back in the UK since.

walkie

Sith Lord
Is it me or have they just lowered the price for the childs tickets from £20 to £15 ?!?!?

mr_palitoy

Sith Lord
panastur said:
As posted on their FB page:

Just can't believe this. Or just hard to believe they sold more than 50,000 tickets for one day... Capacity of the Exell center is at any one time for 68,750 visitors.
As far as i now, in all Cons and Celebs tickets were available to the very last days, rarely weeks. Why Children tickets still available then??? Do they pretend small children will attend to the show without their parents?
So my question: Is this an underestimation of the event's organisation or just a strategy to sell "Less seller days" as friday and sunday are???

Their website clearly states that children must be accompanied by an adult with a valid pass, so if they have spare children tickets left, I guess they'll sell out too eventually as adults who already have a Saturday pass decide to take their kids along.

Jason

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

Latest posts

Top Bottom