Should U grades be banned!

galactables

Padawan
Lee Gregory said:
Surely this one won't be going off for a u grade having already been graded?

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=200395120949

****ing disgrace if it does in that condition.

OK Lee, the dengar that I bought from Coco wasn't given to me until the Invasion Belfast Event, October 4th. Please go and check on the toygrader website the exact date that this Dengar was graded, and also verify this with Stevie if you so desire. I can tell you that I generally don't buy esb dengars to get uncirculated, because they usually come in at U80 to U85. That is why I only paid £17 for a beater.

A U85 Dengar sells at £40 or thereabouts. It cost $22 to get graded, plus the two-way shipping costs, so there's absolutely no profit in a U85. When a rarer U90 like dengar, shows up, it will sell for anything up to £150.

By all means continue being a 'private-eye', but please get your facts straight first.

By the way, I bought that Romba for £200. I only bought it beacause the figure sub was a 95 and the bubble was crystal clear. I personally will not be getting it done uncirculated because they generally have issues on the reverse. It sits poudly in my collection because it is one of the few Romba's that, whilst it has no 'y' designation, actually HAS a CRYSTAL CLEAR bubble. Many POTF carded figures that have been graded clear, have started to tint.

Josh

Sith Lord
Meh.... that's what forums are for Lee... feel free to abuse U graders all day long mate..they are the blood sucking ticks of this hobby IMO.
So even if your the friend of a friend of a friend of a U GRADE collector ....SORRY I still think they are a superficial tosser :)

Josh

Sith Lord
galactables said:
Lee Gregory said:
Surely this one won't be going off for a u grade having already been graded?

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=200395120949

****ing disgrace if it does in that condition.

OK Lee, the dengar that I bought from Coco wasn't given to me until the Invasion Belfast Event, October 4th. Please go and check on the toygrader website the exact date that this Dengar was graded, and also verify this with Stevie if you so desire. I can tell you that I generally don't buy esb dengars to get uncirculated, because they usually come in at U80 to U85. That is why I only paid £17 for a beater.

A U85 Dengar sells at £40 or thereabouts. It cost $22 to get graded, plus the two-way shipping costs, so there's absolutely no profit in a U85. When a rarer U90 like dengar, shows up, it will sell for anything up to £150.

By all means continue being a 'private-eye', but please get your facts straight first.

By the way, I bought that Romba for £200. I only bought it beacause the figure sub was a 95 and the bubble was crystal clear. I personally will not be getting it done uncirculated because they generally have issues on the reverse. It sits poudly in my collection because it is one of the few Romba's that, whilst it has no 'y' designation, actually HAS a CRYSTAL CLEAR bubble. Many POTF carded figures that have been graded clear, have started to tint.

Watch this space :wink:

Josh

Sith Lord
galactables said:
Thanks Josh for another insult. Would love to meet you in person.

Well Robby don't flatter yourself. I posted that whilst you were typing but yours came out first ;) .....
PLEASE ANYTIME YOU ARE IN BROOME WESTERN AUSTRALIA.. LOOK ME UP IF I CUT YOU THAT DEEP...PM ME IF YOU NEED THE ADDY... Bloody girls blouse LMAO

galactables

Padawan
Josh said:
galactables said:

Well Robby don't flatter yourself. I posted that whilst you were typing but yours came out first ;) .....
PLEASE ANYTIME YOU ARE IN BROOME WESTERN AUSTRALIA.. LOOK ME UP IF I CUT YOU THAT DEEP...PM ME IF YOU NEED THE ADDY... Bloody girls blouse LMAO

Josh, there's always someone out there who likes to be the centre of attention, and it looks like you thrive on the limelight.

Josh

Sith Lord
galactables said:
Josh said:
galactables said:

Josh, there's always someone out there who likes to be the centre of attention, and it looks like you thrive on the limelight.

OH please :roll:

Josh

Sith Lord
Capetown said:
Come on guys, let's keep this civilised.

Robbie is getting all cut up not me :roll: So I think he is a superficial blood sucking tosspot!!!!...who gives a ****???...who the **** am I anyway??? I am LMFAO at it getting to him so much though :)
I dislike U graders.... Robbie dislikes people who dislike U graders.... No biggie really mate :)
As Grunter would say "just my two cents worth" ;)

Lee Gregory

Sith Lord
Robbie,
I DID say I could be wrong about the Dengar,it was only a bit of speculation,it looks like I was,I'm man enough to admit a mistake.

On the Romba I know how hard they are to find in that condition with a clear bubble,and it's yours so you can do as you please.I'm just stating my opinion that it would be a shame if a card in that good a nic was spoilt just for a sticker with a u on it.

Robbie,I've bought from you in the past(as you have from me) and never had any issues,and I'm not trying to make this into a witchunt against you.

I'm just stating my opinion on this matter and I'm totally against whole u grade senario,even though I do understand there is a market for it.

tiefighterboy

Grand Master
Robbie what you do is your own business..and no one should hold that against you. It is sad to see figures removed from their cards just to be merely loose...but If this is how you make money more power to you. Feel free to post as this is not RS and will never be.

shawn_k

Sith Lord
I personally feel that another 30 years from now that this will be looked at as a dark time in collecting. We really have been lucky that so many items still exist in their original packaging and I feel that many are taking that for granted. At least hundreds if not thousands of packaged figures have been destroyed, that somehow managed to stay carded this long. Any MOC that happens to come my way, I view as a piece of history, even if it happens to be just an old 8D8. ;) What is really the difference between a 90 and U90. The figures by all means look the same and as such should be worth the same. The only difference is that damn U that AFA put on the label. Once/if this whole AFA thing cools, those U figures will probably be worth the same as any regular figure. I mean in the end they look exactly the same. There are plenty of nice loose figures that survived and at the same time plenty of MOC figures have/did survive for collectors of all budgets. If things continue the way they do, then we will eventually run out. These things are not coming out brand new from the factory any more.

What is out there, is it!

plantman

Sith Lord
Collectors are using the U grade to fund their own more expensive figure focus, this trend will grow and more people will turn to U grading lesser cards to catch up with the rise in MOC prices.

Its all downhill, and i think deep down that other collectors will join in, not by choice, but they will need to raise the money to finish their focus before they become extinct.

If you see three c7 moc that will generate £600 to fund a AFA 85 Boba......you may be tempted.

I personally wont do it, it doesnt interest me, i try to raise money without destroying anything, but if i cant sell an ESB moc beater for £10. who the hell could blame me for U grading....sigh :(

coppertone

Youngling
Hmmm....U grades again,

My theory,

The more MOC's that get "U'd" the better value MOC collectors will get for their collections :)

Cardback collectors get their bits of cardboard to play with, and U grade collectors get their figs intombed.

If you collect MOC's, chances are you wont be collecting the beaters that "U" graders do....in most cases.
Im sure the value of these U grades will turn downward soon enough, and with less MOCS about to buy, your MOC values will increase?

George :)

Dom

Jedi Master
I hate the whole AFA thing. The onley reason this all started was because of people taking the piss and trying to rip others off. I agree this is a dark time in collecting and it makes me more thankful communities like this where like minded people come together to trade stuff that is genuine, rather than ebay which is covered with thieveing cunts and retards.

Lafos

Jedi Knight
I think AFA is doin´ a good job when it comes to carded figures, as well as rare loose ones like VCJ or Vlix.

But I don´t see the need for uncirculated loose figures. Any beater card is more "historical" interesting/ attractive than an acryl cased figure with this -U-.

Dom

Jedi Master
Lafos said:
I think AFA is doin´ a good job when it comes to carded figures, as well as rare loose ones like VCJ or Vlix.

But I don´t see the need for uncirculated loose figures. Any beater card is more "historical" interesting/ attractive than an acryl cased figure with this -U-.

100%!!!

AFA is good for Vinyl Jawas, Double Telescoping Lightsabers and Protos. Seriously though, there are people out there with AFA loose Transfomers????

_Lee_

Sith Lord
U grades are ****ing waste of space and even more so,the reason for the decline in MOC figures-as many have stated. Uncirculated my arse,more like untouched as is the U grade merchants/senders knob.I wonder if they mess their pants when pulling a figure off a card for this U grade shite.****ing abnormal virgins.

*Edited because of DW's reply.Sorry bud.*

Lee

Darth Wensleydale

Sith Lord
I've got to admire your passion Lee but that ain't exactly going to stop someone doing what they are doing. If I were on the receiving end a rant like that I'd just carry on making the dosh knowing it was annoying you.

I'm fed up of the U Grade thing too but the only way you are going to change things is by making a good case to potential buyers or by lobbying AFA.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

Latest posts

Top Bottom