Resealed figure discovery debate - G.Kurtz Palitoy VC Jawa.

ace

Jedi Knight
Maulster79 said:
Ive let him know of the post.

hi Maulster79 yes you did and thank you for looking out for me but it is i :)

i look forward to chatting a bot from time to time on here jason

when i get the posting instructions right :)

ace

Jedi Knight
DarthStanley said:
Hi Jason,

Welcome to the forum! :D

Any chance we could see some pics of your vintage collection?

Cheers

Mark

hi Mark i plan to put up some photos in the next few weeks , i do not keep the collection at my house it out grow my home many years ago , so in the new year i will look out a few rare items and shear them , not to show off but to just show others things they may not have seen ? so you will get to see some things soon ok good to meet you jason

ace

Jedi Knight
benny100 said:
Fascinating stuff Jason, be great to hear more about collecting from pre ebay days. And to echo, be great to see some pics of your collection.

hi benny100

yes these are very good memories and i just remember the first time i ever saw a cloud city play set and wow when i first saw it it was the best thing ever back then , i still love this toy event today its a favourite of mete

compared to the dungeon play set as when i saw that for the first time i thought wow that a let down :-\ i had waited 4 weeks for it to come from NY and opened the box and it was such a big let down

anyway yes these old days was a lot of fun

good to talk Benny

ace

Jedi Knight
Dark Sith Lord said:
Awesome post Jason. Welcome to the forum :)

hi Dark Sith Lord thank you for welcoming me , i have had a few issue getting the hang of posting tonight , as i never really go on forums other than the one i use for my company and its a bit different than this one but i am getting the hang of it now i think :)

hope to meet some other collectors that are into old uk stuff and Palitoy stuff its my favourite stuff in my collection .

ace

Jedi Knight
palitoyjunky said:
Jason Joiner, I don't know all the details about your alleged dodgy past regarding grey limbed Hoth Troopers and fake film props etc etc, but what I do know is that it is not good practise to promise someone provenance on pieces they have bought from you and not deliver :? Then keep promising again and again and still not deliver :evil:

You should be ashamed of yourself :oops: :oops: :oops:

hi palitoyjunky

if you think i owe someone a letter of provenance then do get in touch with me as i am happy to help , but if i am ever asked for a letter at the time we do give them out , so if you email me at [email protected] and i will be happy to try to understand your issue and help if i can .

hope that is of help palitoyjunky

ace

Jedi Knight
Palifan said:
I was wondering when some of the longer forum members were going to chip in, I just remember reading many pages on Jason and was very surprised to see his comment the other day. :D

Ian

hi Ian

yes there are many stories i never have the time to really go on any forums out side of my work but i did feel i needed to at least give over another side of the story , and i have to say some on here really have created some amazing stories some just have a few facts changed others have stories i just do not know ware any of it has come from , but hay maybe coming on here can clear up some of these things and know the real facts , anyway hi Ian

ace

Jedi Knight
Joe said:
I'm a little disappointed at everyone giving him a round of applause for his post tbh. Having loads of toys doesn't make anyone a credible source of information or even a nice guy.. :roll:

The only thing I got from that post is that Jordan might have been confused about the Yak Face baggies originating from Jason, which is something I suppose but it certainly hasn't cleared up anything else I have heard his name associated with.

I wonder if we will ever get another reply..

hi Joe here is your other reply that you did not expect :)

i have to say you really do not like me and all you have to go on any of this is what other people have said and talked about with out ever having me around to respond or respond to for over 15 years , so there is only one side of all this out there , this is the other side of the story.

i will not get into a fight with you as it will serve for nothing and if you do not want to listen to my side you are well with in your rights not to.

But if you are interested in the hobby and some of the things i have been involved with in the past then this is your chance to find out direct from the houses mouth , these stories are from one side and one side only so if you happy and content with that then thats fine , but i will say this 80% of all these sorties came from one or two people back about 15 to 20 years ago and they have been saying the same stuff for years and it was not true then and its still not true now.

I have noting to hide from my past and i do sleep at night , so if you want to know something then you can ask me , there is really no need to be intense or defence as we are civilised intelligent people and at the end of the day i do not believe we have ever met or that we can ever traders together ever so i really do not know why you are so hostile ? that is odd to me, you have nothing to lose or fear from me , i am the one that is being questioned here not you and i am calm so lets talk and maybe we can start to see that there is two sides to everything

now to your post Joe i really do not have an issue with Jordan at all but what he remembered is wrong with the yaks and in a way i can prove it , if i took around 100 to 200 yaks to the florida show in baggies then where are they now ? i sold them to collectors they were expense at the time they did not just go to regular joe blogs collators they were at the time around $60 each which was alot back then , so if i had of sold that many back then in Baggies where are they now ? there would be lots coming out of collators collations now in florida over the years if this had of happened , you see it just did not happen, i did sell around that number as jordan remembered well and i did it more than the once he saw , in fact i took yaks there 3 times bring in more than 500 of them over 3 years , back then i paid around £18 in the UK which was around $30 and sold them for around $60 and with the money i when to Interglatic Trading Company that still belongs to Mike Cot and Sue Conwell and bought some of there last 17 prototypes hand pained test shoots that cost $150 each and a prototype IG88 the one that Steve Sansweet left behind as he only wanted to buy the one of the two ? yes have you herd that story ? :) , he got the pink one i got the one with white hands and darker silver body and i think it has pink eyes ? i cannot remember as i have not seen it for a few years now , anyway that was a hole $500 for the IG88 , and yes Steve left it as back then $500 WAS A LOT OF MONEY and steve took the most interesting one of the two , i was happy with my one anyway so theres a lot i could tie up with the history , if people want to listen.

One other thing Joe if you or anyone has a real question where they think i have dose something underhand then ask me put me on the spot , really mate , i was a intense collector like many of us were back then , we do not get along with each other it was very competitive and some times it got really nasty , most of this is left over politics and jealousy , in those days we all wanted the same toys and it did get nasty at time and rivalry is like that.

At the end of the day i came to the decision not to get into all the rivalry and walk away from the collating politics not bother to get into what do you have and what i have conversations as in the ned it was just unpleasant, maybe i should have spoken up for my self before ? that maybe true , but i really did not feel it was a good wast of my time and in life there will always be someone unhappy with you over something i have done or are doing its life , i felt i would say a few word and tell my side of things on here from time to time if i have the time :), if people want to listen they can if not thats more then fine .

I have been collecting star wars sins 1983 i was the first collector of star wars to travel around the world buying selling and collecting star wars in the 1980s and i have many many sorties of my travels and i have interviewed over 200 people that have worked on the films and own many important collections , i own about 60% of the stuart freeborn personal collection , i own the Baptys star wars gun collection , i own the john stears engineer collection , i own the Gary Kurtz producer collection to just name a few thing , i am a historian and i have amassed a lot of items, i am not someone that need to rip people off to get my in the world.

i have decided to come on here and chat to other collectors , so if you want to ask something just ask away.

one last ting Joe i have not responded to your you acquisitions but i am happy to and i will over the next few days when i have time to respond to this one , your comment about Hoth troopers mate they are real i was not the fist person to find them over here in the UK and they are what they are , also if i was saposed to have made them how come i only ever found and sold 7 or 8 of them , and have you ever even seen one for them in the flesh ? if you have you can tell they are not painted its the plastic you can scratch then and the plastic changes colour over time so the figure is moulded in this plastic , so unless people are saying back in the early 90s i could mould figures then its just a silly untrue story from people that do not know the facts, and if i could of moulded figures and was underhand back then why did i not produce something a bit better than a Hoth trooper ? why not a Gary Yak in a baggie :-D , so lets get this Grey Hoth trooper story put to bed once and for all and then we can move on to the next fun story .

Joe i hope you and i can talk in a decent way again in the future and maybe we might see eye to eye on something one day ? :)

Thank you for taking the time to read my response and any one else that has bother to read all my dribble, i know you do not like what you have herd about me Joe and i can understand why you may feel that way towards me , but maybe you will see some of what you have herd is not quite what it seems, as there two sides to everything

yours jason

ace

Jedi Knight
ok i know some of you will not believe without seeing so i have had a quick dig a round and here is something you may not have seen before.

Sand Person with brown nose on Palitoy card
https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=10153630317675294&set=pcb.10153630320245294&type=1&theater

Jawa inside a R2 D2 bubble on Palitoy card
https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=10153630317925294&set=pcb.10153630320245294&type=1&theater

mixed rare things
https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=10153630317315294&set=pcb.10153630320245294&type=1&theater

i hope some of you enjoy these images Jason :)

ps sorry i have no idea how to put up a photo on here , this really is not my thing sorry guys forums arrrrr

J

Grant_C

Grand Master
Supporter
Jason,

Thanks for returning and replying.

I look forward to seeing pictures of your collection.

What would be a massive deal to me, would be to see any pictures of Empire Day in Chesant in 1995.

I went there as a 15 year old and would love to see anything from that day.

Best wishes,

Grant

mr_palitoy

Sith Lord
ace said:
ok i know some of you will not believe without seeing so i have had a quick dig a round and here is something you may not have seen before.

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=10153630317675294&set=pcb.10153630320245294&type=1&theater

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=10153630317925294&set=pcb.10153630320245294&type=1&theater

mixed rare things
https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=10153630317315294&set=pcb.10153630320245294&type=1&theater

ps sorry i have no idea how to put up a photo on here , this really is not my thing sorry guys forums arrrrr

J

Hi Jason, some lovely palitoys there. Looking forward to seeing what else you have.
I only documented the jawa with R2D2 bubble on my website recently. The full write up is here:-

http://www.freewebs.com/mrpalitoy/sw12bcardback.htm

:)

Jason

Dark Sith Lord

Grand Master
ace said:

mixed rare things

J

Cant see the pics? It says " This content is currently unavaliable". Anybody else having this problem?

paulcalf

Jedi Knight
I'm also having this problem, not seeing them & i'm signed in

Dark Sith Lord said:
ace said:

mixed rare things

J

Cant see the pics? It says " This content is currently unavaliable". Anybody else having this problem?

Joe

Grand Master
ace said:
hi Joe here is your other reply that you did not expect :)

i have to say you really do not like me and all you have to go on any of this is what other people have said and talked about with out ever having me around to respond or respond to for over 15 years , so there is only one side of all this out there , this is the other side of the story.

i will not get into a fight with you as it will serve for nothing and if you do not want to listen to my side you are well with in your rights not to.

But if you are interested in the hobby and some of the things i have been involved with in the past then this is your chance to find out direct from the houses mouth , these stories are from one side and one side only so if you happy and content with that then thats fine , but i will say this 80% of all these sorties came from one or two people back about 15 to 20 years ago and they have been saying the same stuff for years and it was not true then and its still not true now.

I have noting to hide from my past and i do sleep at night , so if you want to know something then you can ask me , there is really no need to be intense or defence as we are civilised intelligent people and at the end of the day i do not believe we have ever met or that we can ever traders together ever so i really do not know why you are so hostile ? that is odd to me, you have nothing to lose or fear from me , i am the one that is being questioned here not you and i am calm so lets talk and maybe we can start to see that there is two sides to everything

now to your post Joe i really do not have an issue with Jordan at all but what he remembered is wrong with the yaks and in a way i can prove it , if i took around 100 to 200 yaks to the florida show in baggies then where are they now ? i sold them to collectors they were expense at the time they did not just go to regular joe blogs collators they were at the time around $60 each which was alot back then , so if i had of sold that many back then in Baggies where are they now ? there would be lots coming out of collators collations now in florida over the years if this had of happened , you see it just did not happen, i did sell around that number as jordan remembered well and i did it more than the once he saw , in fact i took yaks there 3 times bring in more than 500 of them over 3 years , back then i paid around £18 in the UK which was around $30 and sold them for around $60 and with the money i when to Interglatic Trading Company that still belongs to Mike Cot and Sue Conwell and bought some of there last 17 prototypes hand pained test shoots that cost $150 each and a prototype IG88 the one that Steve Sansweet left behind as he only wanted to buy the one of the two ? yes have you herd that story ? :) , he got the pink one i got the one with white hands and darker silver body and i think it has pink eyes ? i cannot remember as i have not seen it for a few years now , anyway that was a hole $500 for the IG88 , and yes Steve left it as back then $500 WAS A LOT OF MONEY and steve took the most interesting one of the two , i was happy with my one anyway so theres a lot i could tie up with the history , if people want to listen.

One other thing Joe if you or anyone has a real question where they think i have dose something underhand then ask me put me on the spot , really mate , i was a intense collector like many of us were back then , we do not get along with each other it was very competitive and some times it got really nasty , most of this is left over politics and jealousy , in those days we all wanted the same toys and it did get nasty at time and rivalry is like that.

At the end of the day i came to the decision not to get into all the rivalry and walk away from the collating politics not bother to get into what do you have and what i have conversations as in the ned it was just unpleasant, maybe i should have spoken up for my self before ? that maybe true , but i really did not feel it was a good wast of my time and in life there will always be someone unhappy with you over something i have done or are doing its life , i felt i would say a few word and tell my side of things on here from time to time if i have the time :), if people want to listen they can if not thats more then fine .

I have been collecting star wars sins 1983 i was the first collector of star wars to travel around the world buying selling and collecting star wars in the 1980s and i have many many sorties of my travels and i have interviewed over 200 people that have worked on the films and own many important collections , i own about 60% of the stuart freeborn personal collection , i own the Baptys star wars gun collection , i own the john stears engineer collection , i own the Gary Kurtz producer collection to just name a few thing , i am a historian and i have amassed a lot of items, i am not someone that need to rip people off to get my in the world.

i have decided to come on here and chat to other collectors , so if you want to ask something just ask away.

one last ting Joe i have not responded to your you acquisitions but i am happy to and i will over the next few days when i have time to respond to this one , your comment about Hoth troopers mate they are real i was not the fist person to find them over here in the UK and they are what they are , also if i was saposed to have made them how come i only ever found and sold 7 or 8 of them , and have you ever even seen one for them in the flesh ? if you have you can tell they are not painted its the plastic you can scratch then and the plastic changes colour over time so the figure is moulded in this plastic , so unless people are saying back in the early 90s i could mould figures then its just a silly untrue story from people that do not know the facts, and if i could of moulded figures and was underhand back then why did i not produce something a bit better than a Hoth trooper ? why not a Gary Yak in a baggie :-D , so lets get this Grey Hoth trooper story put to bed once and for all and then we can move on to the next fun story .

Joe i hope you and i can talk in a decent way again in the future and maybe we might see eye to eye on something one day ? :)

Thank you for taking the time to read my response and any one else that has bother to read all my dribble, i know you do not like what you have herd about me Joe and i can understand why you may feel that way towards me , but maybe you will see some of what you have herd is not quite what it seems, as there two sides to everything

yours jason

I appreciate you replying Jason but all I got from your post was that you own a lot of things..you haven't gone into any detail about any of the other fake items I mentioned earlier.

So..is there anything to add about the fake film props you have been associated with?

I don't dislike you, don't get me wrong. I don't actually know you to like or dislike you but I do like to know the truth.

If you came here to defend yourself then you need to answer the questions being asked, as it stands you seem to be writing novels but not really saying anything of any interest or relevance.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------

PS: The Grey limbed Snowtroopers have been the subject of debate since they first showed up, many experienced collectors have seen them and given their opinion. I can assure you that most feel the same way about them: IF (big IF) these did originate from Palitoy they may represent a mould purge situation where random plastic was used. There are some isolated cases where Palitoy were involved in or had some dealings with"prototypes" (Palitoy Death Star springs to mind as it was designed by Bob Brechin, the kitbashed speeder bike that appeared on promotional images *but eventually discovered in Australia*) but for the most part they had NO reason to be making "first/test shots" or anything else. It was all handled by Kenner.

Now..if you weren't sure of what these were at the time you bought them, it would have been pretty wrong to call them prototypes and sell them as prototypes without any solid provenance. I also believe at some point you stopped selling them for "£30" and may have been selling them for as much as £200..

To me, that's akin to Mexican collectors selling Ledy factory overstock as prototypes and hoodwinking other collectors into believing them. It's called a scam.

You probably didn't manufacture them, I will agree with you there but you did nothing to properly identify them in the years since you first saw them till the day you sold your last one..or do you still have a few knocking around ;)

"Dealing" in fake goods and misrepresenting the items you sell to make them more appealing to a certain type of collector is just as bad as making them yourself.

ace

Jedi Knight
mr_palitoy said:
ace said:

mixed rare things

J

Hi Jason, some lovely palitoys there. Looking forward to seeing what else you have.
I only documented the jawa with R2D2 bubble on my website recently. The full write up is here:-

Jason

cool i did not see that , its funny i am very much out the loop on whats none about and whats not , as i say i do not get much chance to troll though forums and websites , anyway where are you located in the UK ? maybe we could meet up and i can show some of the times in the flesh at some point ? so you can photograph them ? anyway as a she helpful site , i do not thing there is any thing else on the 12 backs i can tell you :) talk soon jason

Joe

Grand Master
BTW - You probably have to be friends with Jason on FB to see his pictures guys. I take it Grant and Jason are.

mr_palitoy

Sith Lord
ace said:
mr_palitoy said:
ace said:

mixed rare things

J

Jason

cool i did not see that , its funny i am very much out the loop on whats none about and whats not , as i say i do not get much chance to troll though forums and websites , anyway where are you located in the UK ? maybe we could meet up and i can show some of the times in the flesh at some point ? so you can photograph them ? anyway as a she helpful site , i do not thing there is any thing else on the 12 backs i can tell you :) talk soon jason

Hi there Jason, would love to se some more of your stuff. I'm London based and we've met several times already (Sheriff Bellefleur from the Bitten con days).
Good to see you taking an active part in the vintage community again.

cheers Jason

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

Latest posts

Top Bottom