Resealed figure discovery debate - G.Kurtz Palitoy VC Jawa.

Jez

Sith Lord
Oh my word! The s##t just got real. Very interesting thread. With some very good points of view.
I don't know enough about this to really comment and I don't know what to believe but i reckon that if there were any shares in TT they must have just taken a hit.
I hope that this all gets cleared up asap. There are too many guys out there who this could affect.
Jason, welcome. There are always two sides to a story, if you've been underground for so long we've only really heard the one side. I'm keen to read more.
I am sorry i haven't really added to this thread, i just felt compelled to write something.
Thats me shifting to MISB then....
... no don't tell me someone had some mint empty boxes and a roll of sticky tape; can open, worms everywhere!!

**Delboy75**

Jedi Master
If i had a pound for every time i was told to steer clear of you Jason (Joiner) i would be a rich man.
Seriously Jason your reputation has never been good and i'm sure that's come as no surprise to you.

I have posted before that 'i' personally would not buy any vintage item i knew traced back to you.
I collected for years ( i don't anymore) and your name cropped up too many times in a negative way for me to be comfortable to buy from you.
I was a closet collector who kept myself to myself and i didn't/don't mix with other collectors outside the forums but even i was advised (many times) to avoid you.

What i will ask you whilst your around is if you could give me some info on the yak face mailers with planetary maps you sold in the u.s years back. They were sold by you, and as an experienced baggie collector I've always been 99% certain they are fake. I never thought i would get the chance to ask you, so i'm jumping in whilst your around and asking where you got them etc. Seeing as you kept all these paper trails you mention i'm sure you will be able to provide enough evidence to convince me i'm wrong.
Please, i honestly want to be wrong.

To me ToyToni has always had a brilliant rep, and only a few years ago i spent 2k on carded stuff from him in quite a short space of time. Yes his stuff is mint, which in all honesty should make you wary but they have no signs of being fake so why would anyone doubt them.
If what you say Jason is true then this is HUGE, and imho everyone who collects palitoy and german 45bks may as well call it a day.
I know of at least 2 collectors that have visited Toni and hand picked moc's from boxes.
One did say that Toni is funny and will not let you see them all. You have to say what you want and he goes out and comes back with boxes containing a selection for you to hand pick.

Lets see what Toni has to say first before we jump to conclusions. I have all sorts of things going around in my head right now but will keep my thoughts to myself.

Jason, i know my post comes across negative towards you, and tbh this wasn't my intention at all but lets face facts your past is not great so im on the fence about you :lol:
BTW Billyboy is a collector from brighton not france. But i so so wish he was a big Barbie doll collector :lol: :lol:
Im sure your paths have crossed before as he had nothing but good words to say about you :wink:

EDIT:
I missed where you wrote about the yak baggies, my apologies i jumped the gun. So do you have a paper trail?

Jez

Sith Lord
ToyToni on line and reading this thread.
Come on dude, folk are routing for you :)

mr_palitoy

Sith Lord
Jez said:
ToyToni on line and reading this thread.
Come on dude, folk are routing for you :)

I pointed him at the thread at the point JJ made the statement about Toni's source of cards. There's still a good hour or so's reading before he gets here.

:)

Jason

Joe

Grand Master
Miss you Del!

**Delboy75** said:
BTW Billyboy is a collector from brighton not france. But i so so wish he was a big Barbie doll collector :lol: :lol:
Im sure your paths have crossed before as he had nothing but good words to say about you :wink:

I meant to post about this earlier, if Jason has indeed lived off of the forums for the last 10 years he may only know Bill by his real name and not his forum nickname. Bill Rodgers ring any bells Jason?

theslider

Sith Lord
Does anyone have Toy Toni Palitoy ROTJ/Trilogo cards in their collection that they can post pictures of so we can look at these seals?

Is Billy Boy not Mr Smithers then?! :lol:

TOYTONI

Youngling
Thats correct they came from Arthur Bailie he bought around 25,000 figures bubbles and cards i was in on the deal and tried to buy the lot of Arthur but lost out to Toni , i think Toni bought them for around £10K , i know at one point Arthur was trying to buy figures as he had cards but no figures to put on them , what i really wanted was a set of the cards unused for myself but that never happened, i used to see Toni place ads in model mart though out the 90s and early 2000s selling these figures, he said to me once that he had found a way t heat the bubbles and attach them to the cards in the same way they did at the factory i think he may have even gone to a factory to have them put on the cards, i have never really gone for these German cards as i felt they were not relay finished figures, somewhere have a complete brake down of all the cards , there was also around 2000 carded figures that came in at the same time as Arthur bought the cards , i bought 500 carded hoth troopers on ROTJ cards and also around 700 Boba fett figures on ROTJ cards also , i sold the 700 to Crage Steven's a collator in Romford who when he got them opened them all that was around 1988 ish i think ? anyway there you go some more history

Several friends have contacted me regarding a post by a certain Jason Joiner and having read his "story" I feel its necessary to reply.
This story is mainly fantasy with a few facts thrown in.
As a one time major dealer and expert in Star Wars it is bizarre that after some 25 years Mr Joiner should now come up with this "information" out of the blue!
I have been dealing in many different types of vintage toys for over 30 years including Star Wars for about 25 years . Ive been on Ebay since 1998 and have had 2 websites Toytoni and Zoomertoys running for the last 16 years. I have not seen or had any communication with Mr Joiner for the best of 20 years nor have I heard of him making such comments elsewhere.
I did indeed buy various toys from a dealer called Arthur in the 80s and early 90s these included tin toys , robots, TV related and carded Star Wars figures. He had a reputation for getting old stock and had good contacts in the regular toy trade. He was one of several dealers that I bought carded Star Wars from. He seemed a nice guy who seemed always short of cash and often offered items which he didn't exactly have but could get his hands on if he could make the sale in advance .So at times it wasn't clear if he actually had the goods or just new a man who had them .
I do remember there indeed was a list of items which included unused cards but these never materialised I never saw any or was offered any samples from him . I ended up buying quite large quantities of carded figures from him which were a mix of Kenner ,POTF,Palitoy.,german General Mills and Trilogo non of which came in trade boxes - in those days there wasn't that much interest in carded figures let alone in the outer boxes.
The fact that there was this list stirred up some gossip at the time about unused cards but as to whether they existed is unknown. Mr Joiner claims there were many thousands and yet he couldn't get his hands on a single example from this Arthur dealer despite buying 500 carded Hothtroopers ? and a staggering 700 carded Fetts???- what utter nonsense !He claims the Fetts were then mysteriously taken off the cards - why would someone cut up 700 carded Fetts - more nonsense- we really are in the realms of fantasy here . What happened to the 500 carded hothtroopers? Where are these 1000s of factory cards? Mr Joiners assertions that I was claiming I was going to some factory to get bubbles sealed is total fantasy .
Arthur on several occasions told me that he thoroughly disliked Mr Joiner ( as did many others- normally mild mannered guys threatening him with physical violence on several occasions at toyfairs ) so its highly unlikely that he exactly would confide in him about the details of what he had, what he kept and who he sold what to who.
I suppose it is possible that he had been offered unused cards or even had some but I have completely lost touch with Arthur since he went on to other things and have had no contact with him for over 10 years.
I hope this clarifies things if any one has any general questions Im happy to reply but please dont expect me to remember details of exactly who did or said what over 20 years ago!.
Toni

PS
As far as the seal on the General Mills and Palitoys- its generally accepted that most Palitoy Esb and Rotj have smooth seals as do the German issues which were made in the UK .
As far as ESB style bubbles on ROTJ cards is concerned this is also not that unusual although rectangular bubbles are the norm ESB style bubbles were used on ROTJ cards both Palitoy/German and Kenner .I hope that clarifies those points .

mr_palitoy

Sith Lord
Toni, thanks for posting here. The should put some fears to rest. Kinda puts the ball back in JJs court!

Jason

spoons

Grand Master
Joe said:
Not sure I totally agree with this one Edd.

There is no doubt in my mind that it it would matter if someone had been sealing up figures in the 90's themselves and selling them as factory sealed.

With that said, you probably couldn't prove it one way or another..but if it were proven to be true then that would be a massive blow to the hobby and create a real **** storm. Imagine finding out your collection of £200-300 a pop figures that you thought were factory originals were actually knocked up with overstock in some blokes shed about 10 years after they were supposedly produced. I know I wouldn't be impressed.

sorry you know i have not kept up to date on al thats been found but i alwase wanted to know and wondered if you did now

Can't believe I've not looked in on this thread before now, some amazing revelations.

Joe, I don't really see a lot changing in all honesty apart from the status of the hobby's integrity. I don't know Jason or Toni, but whatever the rights or wrongs, Jasons rep will mean many will be sceptical of his claims, and Toni is hardly likely to admit to scamming the collecting community for the last 20 years - if that is the case. Both Toni and Jason come across well in this thread.

So many German cards are graded, and my take on a lot of AFA collectors is that it's all about the numbers, whether it was carded in 1985 or 1990 will not bother them.

All in all another sad day for collectors, with the likes of Billy Boy and now this it's getting harder to trust the authenticity of many items.

Whatever the outcome (and I'd prefer to believe Tomy) I'll always be sceptical of my German items and pity those that have a German focus

Joe

Grand Master
Cc4rhu said:
Guess we need to find Arthur now. Shouldn't be too difficult to track down.

I'm more interested to see "Ace" fly in while surfing on a crocodile to reply to Toni actually mate :lol:

ace-rimmer-o.gif

mr_palitoy

Sith Lord
One question that Toni didn't answer was exactly how much stock he has out the back. I guess it's not in his interest to flood
the market and cause the market to collapse. Still makes me uneasy about some of my more pricey AFA 90 Palitoy ROTJ MOC focus.

:eek:

Jason

**Delboy75**

Jedi Master
Jason are you next planning on putting a collection of palitoy moc's together so want to crash the market to rock bottom prices........i joke :wink: Do you have a set of palitoy mocs or is that a stupid question?

Seriously, your past is always going to bite you on the ass....shame.
There are so many stories they cant all be wrong, auction houses, respected dealers all saying you've passed off fake ****.

Thanks for the post Toni. People need to decide for themselves and i wouldn't like to say either way but i know i was 100% happy with what i owned from you and every single one i sold on was received well.

Thank god im out of collecting

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

Latest posts

Top Bottom