Repros are getting better and better.

_Lee_

Sith Lord
I was just browsing Ebay and it seems as though repro's are getting better and better. I looked at this Palitoy Leia Hoth without reading the repro:

Yes it is clearly repro, but the amount of detail on the bubbles, cards etc is getting very, very good. The punch is still off too but definately getting better.

sith-smith

Grand Master
It was always going to get better, especially when there is plenty of information out that which shows what is wrong with repo cards. Obviously really useful information to help people avoid them, but at the same time it acts as a guide to how to produce a perfect MOC.

I can't imagine someone would ever get to point of making it indistinguishable from an authentic one to an expert, but you never know. It may eventually just come down to carbon dating! 🤔

Snaketibe

Grand Master
Supporter
Much like perfect counterfeit currency, it may be the case that indistinguishable fakes have already been produced, but of course, by definition we cannot know that to be the case unless the perpetrator admits to his/her crime. The problem with the vast majority of repro cardbacks is that they tend to be home printed, usually on inkjet printers. They simply don't look genuine in hand because they haven't been litho printed. Litho printing is a more expensive process and the average person doesn't have such a setup at home, hence why they use inkjet printers. However, all it will take is one enterprising, dishonest scumbag with access to suitable source materials and the willingness to cough up for proper litho printing, and then the party's over :(

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

Latest posts

Top Bottom