POP Restoration

Captainsolo1978

Jedi Master
Hi guys. Looking to see what you all think.

I own a 12 back A Luke. The only issue with the card is that the POP was neatly cut out leaving a hole behind the figure.

I'd love to repair him but don't want to devalue it. At the moment I have a printed section of cardback colour behind him in the case.

I have two other cards like this but they are 47 backs.

What should I do ?

x-pack

Grand Master
Just don't do anything permanent. You could make a pop section to slot in if you really wanted to. It's a fair bit of work and requires PhotoShop or similar. Just don't go taping things to the original. You will ruin it.

Palifan

Sith Lord
tiefighterboy said:
Find same cardback with pop intact...cut...replace.

As simple as that!

If you really want to go to town you could use some tracing paper or something similar on the back of your to make an accurate template and then use that to mark up the card back before cutting out. This would give you the most accurate replacement and then should slot into your card back nicely.

The only thing I'd watch out for is that you don't push the replacement pop in too far so that it falls inside the bubble by accident.

Ian

Mr-shifter

Sith Lord
Have you got him in Acyrlic? I have a 45bk Empire Boba Fett with the Pop missing from the corner. I thought about cutting a section of a card back to make it look complete but once I got him in an acrylic case, he displays well enough that I just left him be. I also have a 20 back Han with the pop cut off (just the top layer of cardboard peeled away. Looks like a surgeon did it with a scalpel). I could probably do a really good repair on him but it doesn't bother me in the slightest so I just leave it.

Its down to wether you are happy with the figure as is really.

theslider

Sith Lord
If you ever think you want to resell it then leave well alone.

However for your displaying pleasure do what you want. Like others have said if it's in acrylic get a neat copy to slide in in front of it.

jambobbyb

Jedi Master
Buy an acrylic case and a 12 back luke card slip the card in behind the pop removed luke and slip it in the acrylic and line them up! It doesn't damage the pop removed one its totally reversible and you can barely notice!

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

Latest posts

Top Bottom