Restoration Advice - 1980 Yoda Hand Puppet

Leemcl

Jedi Master
Hope all are doing well this week.

image.jpg

I've had this guy since 1980 and he's been on display but as you can see he's looking a little dirty. Also his base has been sticking to my metal display shelves. My plan today was to give him a clean with some wet wipes and see if this improved him. It did not. No amount of rubbing did anything noticeable regarding removing the marks, they seem ingrained.

Anyone got any advice as to what might help ?

Also, what's the "18" engraved in the base mean - see left hand side under the foot

Thanks

Lee

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    64 KB · Views: 650
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    45 KB · Views: 650

TheJabbaWookie

Sith Lord
No miracle cure I'm afraid but he should know he showed me a pic with about 50 puppet yodas :shock:

They dirty up fast... would not try anything harsh cleaning wise. Soap and water... anything more might break down the rubber. The numbers and letters engraved on the bottom are the batch numbers from production.

Leemcl

Jedi Master
Many thanks mate.

I'm obviously a little sad that the deterioration of Yoda might be terminal. I suspected the worst with it as I tried to clean with gentle soap and water and then a wet wipe...

In the end I guess all vintage will perish, I've noticed that overall seems less and less clear bubbles year on year, and lots of the AFA / UKG items also perishing a bit more than the scores would indicate. And to top it all off. My grey hair seems much more than before too :)

poncho

Grand Master
Boglin puppet clean I saw earlier

Attachments

• Screenshot_20200518-003630_Samsung Internet.jpg
    Screenshot_20200518-003630_Samsung Internet.jpg
    60.8 KB · Views: 549
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

Latest posts

Top Bottom