PIX FKS and foreign versions

Munki

Youngling
in England Topps didn't pick up the licence to do the cards (like they did in the US, Canada, Australia and New Zealand). It went to FKS who made a sticker album and stickers. There were 2 different display boxes for these in the UK (can dig out images if any interest). This licence also extended to the Netherlands, Spain and France and Belgium. I've got both empty and full albums from all these and display boxes and wrappers from all but France/Belgium (again, if anyone has any examples to share/sell/trade do let me know).

Also UK and Spain printings had either light or grey backs - Spain in particular is noticeable as they were cards to be pasted rather than self-adhesive stickers and are very dark grey or white.

I've also added a picture of the Panini 1978 sticker wrappers - there were 4 different languages I think for the albums. 2 wrapper variations but I have never seen a display box(es) - anyone got an image of one??

Jon

Attachments

• Dutch French FKS albums.jpg
    Dutch French FKS albums.jpg
    90.6 KB · Views: 148
  • FKS wrapper variations.jpg
    FKS wrapper variations.jpg
    141.9 KB · Views: 145
  • Panini wrappers.jpg
    Panini wrappers.jpg
    100.4 KB · Views: 145

Palifan

Sith Lord
Nice collection and I have a completed FKS album as well as another close to complete one (or maybe complete but I haven't had a chance to sort through a few stickers I have to hopefully complete it), which is from my childhood. I also used to have a box for it growing up that I got from the shop I used to buy them from but that's long gone.

I didn't realise there were 2 UK boxes for them so I'd love to see a picture of them both to see if I can spot which one I used to have.

Also I never knew Panini released Star Wars stickers around the same time the blue and red cards were out in the Uk, which countries did they sell those in? I'd love to see the sticker album for them and some images of the stickers.

Thanks for sharing,

Ian

Tony jedi

Padawan
The black packets with han and chewie on and luke on are from 1997 for the special editions. They are not vintage 1977 78 ones.

Palifan

Sith Lord
Tony jedi said:
The black packets with han and chewie on and luke on are from 1997 for the special editions. They are not vintage 1977 78 ones.

That explains those and do you know about the white packets?

Ian

Tony jedi

Padawan
No sorry have not seen those before Is there a year on them? Could be a USA 1997 version of what we had in the UK at the same time.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

Latest posts

Top Bottom