Palitoy Prototypes!

Bonsai_Tree_Ent

Jedi Master
SublevelStudios said:
even Ree Yees looks cool.

Yes! Ree Yees has proverbially gone from 'zero to hero' in my estimation after seeing this hardcopy. The fine detail of the sculpt and all the crackling on the back of his hands is pretty damn awesome, I guess some of that detail was lost in translation when poured in plastic and then the paint going on top...

subzero

Sith Lord
So apart from being a prototype I take it that's the only Luke Jedi figure in existence with that straight arm positioning? :shock:

Robstyley

Sith Lord
They're very cool. What a thing to suddenly turn up. They should be on display, there's a bit of Star Wars toy history right there. I wonder how many other artefacts from the toy line are still out there? There must be other things hidden away around the world.

Bonsai_Tree_Ent

Jedi Master
subzero said:
So apart from being a prototype I take it that's the only Luke Jedi figure in existence with that straight arm positioning? :shock:

No... there is another (in the words of Yoda).

Ron Salvatore, a great guy who was really nice and helpful to me during this find, drew my attention to this made by a Kenner sculptor called Bill Lemon. This is the sort of detail I just wouldn't have known without Ron. The same sculpt but incomplete:
http://theswca.com/index.php?action=disp_item&item_id=48341

theforceuk

Grand Master
Supporter
Also does this mean their are Protypes knocking about for the other 20 odd Jedi figures?

Does anyone know if they are going to be sold?

_Lee_

Sith Lord
This is fantastic. well done to Matt for bringing this to light. His dedication and hard work has unveiled probably the most important Palitoy find ever.

On another note, I must say that im happy we have found out that figures were packaged here and not in HK as i have always thought. I was pretty much one of only a few who thought so.

Lee

subzero

Sith Lord
Bonsai_Tree_Ent said:
subzero said:

No... there is another (in the words of Yoda).

Ron Salvatore, a great guy who was really nice and helpful to me during this find, drew my attention to this made by a Kenner sculptor called Bill Lemon. This is the sort of detail I just wouldn't have known without Ron. The same sculpt but incomplete:
http://theswca.com/index.php?action=disp_item&item_id=48341

Ahh interesting, thanks for the link. :)

Cardbackkid

Jedi Master
Thanks for the link it's very interesting ... So is the palitoy luke jedi prototype the only complete one that's be found as the one in the link is missing head and arm ?

kvavik

Jedi Knight
just a stunning find.
As far as I've seen there are at least a handful of straight arm alt. sculpt Lukes out there. No one with the head though. Ron was a bit sceptical if it's the right head for the sculpt, it could be put together from different sculpts. So it's a unique piece. ROTJ HC are a bit more "normal" than ESB ones, and SW ones are basically unheard of. First 12 impossible. Only Chewbacca's arms and Han's Large Head han have been found (though many first 12 sculpts have survived. Luke, Vader, C3po, Tusken, chewbacca, maybe more)

Love the green texture. Much better than the brown or wax, to be honest.

palitoyjunky

Sith Lord
All v exciting :D I really want to go to the talk and Q&A session but am not sure I will b able to make it. Hoping there will b a recording to watch or listen to :?:

Pulsar

Jedi Knight
palitoyjunky said:
All v exciting :D I really want to go to the talk and Q&A session but am not sure I will b able to make it. Hoping there will b a recording to watch or listen to :?:

Same, I'm working on Saturday.
This is an amazing thread.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

Latest posts

Top Bottom