Palitoy Boba Fett MOC auction

spoons

Grand Master
a few things I have my eye on but I've never bid on Vectis auctions before

Invaluable keep sending my links - am I better off bidding through Vectis or Invaluable? There don't seem to be any additional costs with Invaluable.

http://www.invaluable.com/

Hothrebel

Jedi Master
spoons said:

Invaluable keep sending my links - am I better off bidding through Vectis or Invaluable? There don't seem to be any additional costs with Invaluable.

I would be very cautious of bidding without veiwing.You can ring them for a condition report if there is anything you are not sure about.
just a bit of friendly advice,
cheers

Palifan

Sith Lord
I've already tried to place a bid on a couple of bids and already been outbid :lol:

If someone has a reserve that's higher than your reserve price you'll be told instantly and so know if it's worth bothering with. That said though I'm sure if I'd gone higher it would then push the price up as the person I outbid may well go higher with their reserve. It'll just end up like ebay before the auction's even started.

best of luck to any of you having a punt though, fingers crossed for seeing something in the latest acquisitions thread.

Ian

spoons

Grand Master
Hothrebel said:
spoons said:

I would be very cautious of bidding without veiwing.You can ring them for a condition report if there is anything you are not sure about.
just a bit of friendly advice,
cheers

thanks - nothing too high end on my part, but words of warning heeded

palitoyjunky

Sith Lord
Palifan said:
palitoyjunky said:
Looks pretty good to me Ian 8) Will b v interesting to c what this reseal hits :?:

Cheers for that, I was over the moon with him as I didn't think I'd ever get the chance to own one so I would have been happy with any condition just to have an original example of one. I'll also be putting together a cut card version of one when I get around to it and I'll post it up once it's done.

One thing I've noticed with nearly all these Boba Fett 30 backs is that the arms and legs always seem to fade to a lighter blue. Even my 31 back Kenner cut card is the same (although I have seen 31 backs that are even in colour), and if you look at the Boba Fett on the picture I posted above you can see his head has turned a different shade of blue. Maybe there was something in the plastic when Palitoy had their batch sent to them?

Yes I have seen that too with many Empire moc Fetts :!: I remember my Kenner 41 back example being like that years ago.
Ian

edd_jedi

Staff member
Supporter
Looks like the efforts to create hysteria are working, I put reasonable bids on about 10 or so MOCs and they've all been outbid now. Looks like they're going to go for well above market value, taking the fees etc in to account.

mr_palitoy

Sith Lord
The auction starts at 10.30am tomorrow.

Kathy reckons they will start on the Craig Stevens star wars stuff between 12.30pm to 1pm.

Invaluable have a bidding link and live video feed so I tend to watch from there:-

The Crag Stevens lot starts with the big hitters:-

LOT::3408

Palitoy Star Wars Darth Vader 3 ¾" Vintage Figure

Palitoy Star Wars Darth Vader 3 ¾" vintage figure, Near Mint to Mint, within Excellent Plus to Near Mint bubble (very slight scuffing), upon Near Mint (slight nick to right -hand edge) 12B un-punched card back.

Estimate: £1500 - £2000

LOT::3409

Palitoy Star Wars C-3PO 3 ¾" Vintage Figure

Palitoy Star Wars C-3PO 3 ¾" vintage figure, Near Mint to Mint, within Excellent bubble (base of stem is indented and surface slightly scuffed), upon Excellent (wear to edges and slight surface scuffing) 12B punched card back.

Estimate: £1000 - £1500

LOT::3410

Palitoy Star Wars R2-D2 3 ¾" Vintage Figure

Palitoy Star Wars R2-D2 3 ¾" vintage figure, Near Mint to Mint, within Near Mint bubble, upon Excellent Plus to Near Mint (slight wear to edges and scuffing) 12B un-punched card back.

Estimate: £1200 - £1500

LOT::3411

Palitoy Star Wars Death Squad Commander 3 ¾" Vintage Figure,

Palitoy Star Wars Death Squad Commander 3 ¾" vintage figure, Near Mint to Mint, within Near Mint bubble, upon Excellent Plus (some creasing) 12B un-punched card back.

Estimate: £800 - £1200

LOT::3412

Palitoy Star Wars Luke Skywalker X-Wing Pilot 3 ¾" Vintage Figure,

Palitoy Star Wars Luke Skywalker X-Wing Pilot 3 ¾" vintage figure, Near Mint to Mint, within Near Mint bubble, upon Excellent to Excellent Plus 20 un-punched card back.

Estimate: £400 - £600

LOT::3413

Palitoy Star Wars The Empire Strikes Back Ben

Palitoy Star Wars The Empire Strikes Back Ben (Obi-Wan) Kenobi 3 ¾" vintage figure, Near Mint to Mint, within Near Mint to Mint bubble (extremely slight scuffing to edges), upon Excellent Plus (slight dings to edges and creasing) 30B un-punched card back- original price sticker applied "D.J.'s Toys 1.40P".

Estimate: £2000 - £3000

LOT::3414

Palitoy Star Wars The Empire Strikes Back Star Wars Boba Fett

Palitoy Star Wars The Empire Strikes Back Star Wars Boba Fett 3 ¾" vintage figure, Near Mint to Mint, within Near Mint to Mint bubble (the slightest of scuffs to edges), upon Excellent Plus to Near Mint (front face of card has slight creasing below the right hand edge of the Palitoy logo; rear of card has surface "pull" where price sticker has been removed; card edges very minor dings) 30B un-punched card back.

Estimate: £10000 - £15000

Then it's trilogo for the rest of the lot.

:)

Jason

Palifan

Sith Lord
Any chance of putting the finally price sold next to each of the ones you've written down in your above comment Jason once the auction's ended? I probably won't get the chance to listen so it would be great to know how it went.

Ian

mr_palitoy

Sith Lord
There are 407 lots to clear before Craig's lot of 70 is up.

They started at 10.30am and have finished 140 lots in 53 mins.

This gives an approx start time of 1pm currently.

Jason

theforceuk

Grand Master
Supporter
Caswellbot said:
Let's hope no lighter fluid was used in the removal of the sticker on the fett. :)

:lol: :lol: :lol:

My prediction for the Boba Fett is between £5000 and £20000. :lol:

mr_palitoy

Sith Lord
Capture_zpse3pkreb2.png

Jason

mr_palitoy

Sith Lord
Realised prices. Good estimates from Vectis. The Ben went for way over though!

LOT::3408

Palitoy Star Wars Darth Vader 3 ¾" Vintage Figure

Palitoy Star Wars Darth Vader 3 ¾" vintage figure, Near Mint to Mint, within Excellent Plus to Near Mint bubble (very slight scuffing), upon Near Mint (slight nick to right -hand edge) 12B un-punched card back.

Estimate: £1500 - £2000
Actual: £1500

LOT::3409

Palitoy Star Wars C-3PO 3 ¾" Vintage Figure

Palitoy Star Wars C-3PO 3 ¾" vintage figure, Near Mint to Mint, within Excellent bubble (base of stem is indented and surface slightly scuffed), upon Excellent (wear to edges and slight surface scuffing) 12B punched card back.

Estimate: £1000 - £1500
Actual: £1100

LOT::3410

Palitoy Star Wars R2-D2 3 ¾" Vintage Figure

Palitoy Star Wars R2-D2 3 ¾" vintage figure, Near Mint to Mint, within Near Mint bubble, upon Excellent Plus to Near Mint (slight wear to edges and scuffing) 12B un-punched card back.

Estimate: £1200 - £1500
Actual: £1300

LOT::3411

Palitoy Star Wars Death Squad Commander 3 ¾" Vintage Figure,

Palitoy Star Wars Death Squad Commander 3 ¾" vintage figure, Near Mint to Mint, within Near Mint bubble, upon Excellent Plus (some creasing) 12B un-punched card back.

Estimate: £800 - £1200
Actual: £800

LOT::3412

Palitoy Star Wars Luke Skywalker X-Wing Pilot 3 ¾" Vintage Figure,

Palitoy Star Wars Luke Skywalker X-Wing Pilot 3 ¾" vintage figure, Near Mint to Mint, within Near Mint bubble, upon Excellent to Excellent Plus 20 un-punched card back.

Estimate: £400 - £600
Actual: £600

LOT::3413

Palitoy Star Wars The Empire Strikes Back Ben

Palitoy Star Wars The Empire Strikes Back Ben (Obi-Wan) Kenobi 3 ¾" vintage figure, Near Mint to Mint, within Near Mint to Mint bubble (extremely slight scuffing to edges), upon Excellent Plus (slight dings to edges and creasing) 30B un-punched card back- original price sticker applied "D.J.'s Toys 1.40P".

Estimate: £2000 - £3000
Actual: £4200

LOT::3414

Palitoy Star Wars The Empire Strikes Back Star Wars Boba Fett

Palitoy Star Wars The Empire Strikes Back Star Wars Boba Fett 3 ¾" vintage figure, Near Mint to Mint, within Near Mint to Mint bubble (the slightest of scuffs to edges), upon Excellent Plus to Near Mint (front face of card has slight creasing below the right hand edge of the Palitoy logo; rear of card has surface "pull" where price sticker has been removed; card edges very minor dings) 30B un-punched card back.

Estimate: £10000 - £15000
Actual: £15000

cheers Jason

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

Latest posts

Top Bottom