Palitoy Boba Fett MOC auction

Andyclarke

Sith Lord
Am I the only one who is a little underwhelmed at this auction. I was looking forward to bidding on Palitoy ESB stuff. The Fett and the Ben are great but only the big bidders will be going for those, not much else that I want at the moment.

I know there might be more stuff to come, just think the balance isn't right.

:|

palitoyjunky

Sith Lord
The way Vectis r doing it is by figures not packaging :!:
So all SW figures(Fett being considered a SW figure being the 21st figure and available on a Kenner 21 back) what ever card they are on will b auctioned of first, then Empire figures regardless of packaging then Jedi.

palitoyjunky

Sith Lord
And Jedi :oops: forget my SW Empire and Jedi figures being separate theory :lol:

Yeh real shame about the Tri Fett :cry:

Andyclarke

Sith Lord
palitoyjunky said:
And Jedi :oops: forget my SW Empire and Jedi figures being separate theory :lol:

Yeh real shame about the Tri Fett :cry:

Don't worry about it, it's been a long week.

naughtyjedi

Sith Lord
Jez said:
I've never watched let alone bid on any auction other than ebay.
I might have a punt on one or 2 of those cards (if i remember).

You should try and get to a live auction. I buy stuff from auctions for my business, and even if its you and one other bidding, theres that little thrill of winning out in the end. The anticipation awaiting the hammer.. "its mine dammit.. dont you dare.. **** off ItfcIain that Yak is mine" and other thoughts go running through the head.

Mr-shifter

Sith Lord
I thought there were a few nice trilogos there that I might put some bids on. But then I think the publicity will make this expensive. Don't forget +20% +vat to vectis.

theforceuk

Grand Master
Supporter
mr_palitoy said:
theforceuk said:
Anyone else notice the VC Jawa behind her, looks like it's fallen of the card. :?

That's an opened palitoy vcj from the last vectis auction.

Jason

Oh that's what it is. Thought there must be a logical explanation. :oops:

mr_palitoy

Sith Lord
Wonder how much this reseal will make? (ends 2 days later on ebay):-

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Star-Wars-Vintage-ESB-PALITOY-30-Back-BOBA-FETT-/271747644904?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_186&hash=item3f456bfde8

Jason

Palifan

Sith Lord
mr_palitoy said:
Wonder how much this reseal will make? (ends 2 days later on ebay):-

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Star-Wars-Vintage-ESB-PALITOY-30-Back-BOBA-FETT-/271747644904?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_186&hash=item3f456bfde8

Jason

Wow, you don't see those that often especially in the good a shape. I'm thinking it's going o go high as it's so rare.

I know this isn't in as good shape but I'm glad I picked mine up a while ago :D

Ian

Attachments

• Boba.jpg
    Boba.jpg
    73.8 KB · Views: 629

Vectisauctions

Youngling
Hi,

This is my first post so please be kind...... 8)

Just to provide a little bit more information regarding the sale. Craig Stevens has decided to thin out some (not all) of his extensive collection as he need to money to purchase a new house. As he lives in London I am sure many with have great sympathy with having to do this. He does have lots of other pieces to still enjoy.

This will be the first half of two auctions, the second half being Tuesday 24th February, when an additional 15 figures will be offered (on the similar lines to Boba Fett). There are also further collections we have just taken in to come in march and April that covers figures across the board, vehicles, ships, displays ect on a much larger scale (from other sellers). So I would say watch this space. We also have a SUPERB in house shipping department, who keep postage to a minimum and pack the items expertly, If anyone has experience of this please feel free to add comments :D They are extremely good at their jobs. I purchase at auction myself and have have terrible experiences with external couriers or even auction houses that you have to pick up from :shock: :shock: yes really! So I do think this benefit is worth shouting about. We can provide quotes BEFORE the auction starts so you can build this in to your bid.

If you need further descriptions or need to speak to the cataloguer this is always open to anyone for any sale. If you have not bid at auction before we offer room bidding, real time on-line, commission bidding and free telephone bidding (we call you). If you want any further details or help - please just shout!

We do try to listen to both buyers and sellers to ensure everyone is happy.

You can email me on [email protected]

Palifan

Sith Lord
palitoyjunky said:
Looks pretty good to me Ian 8) Will b v interesting to c what this reseal hits :?:

Cheers for that, I was over the moon with him as I didn't think I'd ever get the chance to own one so I would have been happy with any condition just to have an original example of one. I'll also be putting together a cut card version of one when I get around to it and I'll post it up once it's done.

One thing I've noticed with nearly all these Boba Fett 30 backs is that the arms and legs always seem to fade to a lighter blue. Even my 31 back Kenner cut card is the same (although I have seen 31 backs that are even in colour), and if you look at the Boba Fett on the picture I posted above you can see his head has turned a different shade of blue. Maybe there was something in the plastic when Palitoy had their batch sent to them?

Ian

Mr-shifter

Sith Lord
Vectisauctions said:
Hi,

This is my first post so please be kind...... 8)

Just to provide a little bit more information regarding the sale. Craig Stevens has decided to thin out some (not all) of his extensive collection as he need to money to purchase a new house. As he lives in London I am sure many with have great sympathy with having to do this. He does have lots of other pieces to still enjoy.

This will be the first half of two auctions, the second half being Tuesday 24th February, when an additional 15 figures will be offered (on the similar lines to Boba Fett). There are also further collections we have just taken in to come in march and April that covers figures across the board, vehicles, ships, displays ect on a much larger scale (from other sellers). So I would say watch this space. We also have a SUPERB in house shipping department, who keep postage to a minimum and pack the items expertly, If anyone has experience of this please feel free to add comments :D They are extremely good at their jobs. I purchase at auction myself and have have terrible experiences with external couriers or even auction houses that you have to pick up from :shock: :shock: yes really! So I do think this benefit is worth shouting about. We can provide quotes BEFORE the auction starts so you can build this in to your bid.

If you need further descriptions or need to speak to the cataloguer this is always open to anyone for any sale. If you have not bid at auction before we offer room bidding, real time on-line, commission bidding and free telephone bidding (we call you). If you want any further details or help - please just shout!

We do try to listen to both buyers and sellers to ensure everyone is happy.

You can email me on [email protected]

Hi jo,

Thanks for your post. Just to let you know that Craig actually uses this forum and has already opened a thread regarding his sales so the history of these items has been covered.

Nice to hear what's going on with vectis auctions though, as many people have purchased items from yourselves in the past.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

Latest posts

Top Bottom