Luke Storm Blaster HELP

TK-7785

Jedi Master
I might be wrong but it looks like a V1-a, according to the TIG guide, as it appears to have a "fat end" at the butt of the gun. I believe the only true solid black stormtrooper blaster should be a V1-c with a "thin end" at the butt. https://www.imperialgunnery.com/imperialblasters.htm

It might be the photo but it also looks to be a very, very dark blue/black. Have you held it over a torch to see it has any blue in it?

I hope I'm wrong and you have what you're looking for, but will see what others say.

r2isamale

Padawan
Comparison.....

DEC81117-8B4C-4C0A-AD73-A78B4E834F64.jpeg

TK-7785

Jedi Master
Imperial Blaster Variant a b c comparision indetify Pic.jpg

This is the bit that concerns me. Yours doesn't appear to have the "thin end" that a V1-c should have. Also, looking at it further, it seems to have the "dent" indicative of a V1-a. At least to my eye anyway.

Chris

r2isamale

Padawan
Thanks a lot Chris. What a jungle. I give up....think im just going to keep it. Not buying loose anymore over ebay.

TK-7785

Jedi Master
r2isamale said:
Thanks a lot Chris. What a jungle. I give up....think im just going to keep it. Not buying loose anymore over ebay.

It'd be good to get some other opinions on this one, mate. I'm no expert. Just going off what I can see here.

Personally I'm not fussed about the black blaster for Luke stormie as it's been shown that the Trilogo Luke came with a blue/black blaster in at least some cases. Plus I'm not going to pay the kind of premium the true black variant demands. That said, if I discovered one in a job lot i'd be pretty damn happy about it. :D

Jaxxon

Jedi Knight
TK-7785 said:
r2isamale said:
Personally I'm not fussed about the black blaster for Luke stormie as it's been shown that the Trilogo Luke came with a blue/black blaster in at least some cases.

Can I just follow this up. I recently unearthed all of my vintage figures and I know for a FACT that I kept all of the last 17's weapons with the figures in their own baggie. My Tri-Logo Luke Stormtrooper blaster has the barest hint of translucency but it is a blue/black.

Has anyone had any issues with getting this loose figure graded with a Tri-Logo blaster?

TheJabbaWookie

Sith Lord
s1d0w said:
TK-7785 said:
r2isamale said:
Personally I'm not fussed about the black blaster for Luke stormie as it's been shown that the Trilogo Luke came with a blue/black blaster in at least some cases.

Can I just follow this up. I recently unearthed all of my vintage figures and I know for a FACT that I kept all of the last 17's weapons with the figures in their own baggie. My Tri-Logo Luke Stormtrooper blaster has the barest hint of translucency but it is a blue/black.

Has anyone had any issues with getting this loose figure graded with a Tri-Logo blaster?
Don't think AFA grade them as they're an American company and allegedly all POTF Luke Stormies came with a solid black blaster. I'm not sure on Steve's take on it at UKG despite plenty of tri logo examples being catalogued with blue black Blasters.

Mini99

Sith Lord
Supporter
TheJabbaWookie said:
s1d0w said:

Don't think AFA grade them as they're an American company and allegedly all POTF Luke Stormies came with a solid black blaster. I'm not sure on Steve's take on it at UKG despite plenty of tri logo examples being catalogued with blue black Blasters.
I don't believe that UKG will grade a Luke without a true black blaster either.

r2isamale

Padawan
The dent is impossible to see with the naked eye. Only visible by camera. But I see what Chris means about the butt of the barrel.

D8AB4776-CB86-4842-8F4D-15CDB976C85C.jpeg
A40E1FF4-3B6F-4E9A-8D30-7F567275D587.jpeg

TheJabbaWookie

Sith Lord
I have a dark grey v1a blaster. It looks to all intents and purposes like solid black, and when you shine a light through it, it appears solid, no hint of blue. However, when you stick it next to a true black weapon you can see the difference. Stick it next to a Zuckuss Rifle as a comparison.

r2isamale

Padawan
Thanks for the feedback guys. Found this helpful pictures. What I have seems to be the one in the top row in the middle.

http://www.starwarsfigurevariations.com/stormtrooper-blasters-vintage-kenner/

Jaxxon

Jedi Knight
This from UK Graders this morning.

The Luke Stormtrooper should have the solid black Kenner blaster it was purely produced for the last line along with the droids series.
In Europe there are many cases were Lukes have been found on tri logo cards with the dark blue blaster, and we have seen many Tri Logo examples with the dark blue blaster ourselves but this is purely a factory packaging error the factories would not really care about the colour of the blaster especially at the end of the line of the tri logo carded figures in fact many tri logo figure are packaged incorrectly purely due to it being the end of the line hence the error but Kenner released him and designed him with the black blaster so we will only grade him with that style weapon.

TK-7785

Jedi Master
I'd be really interested to know what ratio of Trilogo Lukes came with black vs blue/black blasters. Has anyone got their childhood Luke Stormie with original black blaster?

I think Luke is the only figure to be released in the UK with black as the Droids line wasn't sold here(?). Of all large lots, both childhood collections and otherwise, i have bought over the years I have never come across a true black blaster. They are rare enough in the US.

Whilst it's true that Trilogos are known for having miscarded accessories I wonder if there is any evidence to suggest that Trilogo Lukes were somewhat intentionally packed with blue black blasters also. Perhaps due to supply shortages or perhaps Palitoy were intentionally using up old stock. I'm guessing that Palitoy's packing and distribution of the last 17 was somewhat secondary to that of Kenner in the us (?).

Chris

Pomse2001

Grand Master
TK-7785 said:
I'd be really interested to know what ratio of Trilogo Lukes came with black vs blue/black blasters. Has anyone got their childhood Luke Stormie with original black blaster?

I think Luke is the only figure to be released in the UK with black as the Droids line wasn't sold here(?). Of all large lots, both childhood collections and otherwise, i have bought over the years I have never come across a true black blaster. They are rare enough in the US.

Whilst it's true that Trilogos are known for having miscarded accessories I wonder if there is any evidence to suggest that Trilogo Lukes were somewhat intentionally packed with blue black blasters also. Perhaps due to supply shortages or perhaps Palitoy were intentionally using up old stock. I'm guessing that Palitoy's packing and distribution of the last 17 was somewhat secondary to that of Kenner in the us (?).

Chris

Hi chris, as far as I know Droids was also not sold in denmark. I never had a luke stormie when I was a kid but I have found maybe 10 in 10 different danish childhood lots in the years I have been collecting. I have also never found a black blaster in any danish childhood lot.

I think most tri-logo was packed with blue/black blaster so I would call it a huge error if it was not intentionally packed.

TheJabbaWookie

Sith Lord
TK-7785 said:

Chris
A number of polls have been attempted on FB, but none were conclusive. The last I believe was conducted by Dan Tearless but the results were not published because the sample size was too small. But within the thread where photos were asked to be submitted as evidence it looked like all 7 tri logos had a blue black blaster and no one was able to provide evidence of a solid black. However, even on a group as big as Echo the sample size was so small that it would be impossible to prove if this was policy or packing error.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

Latest posts

Top Bottom