Legit Brighton stock??

Usetheforceluke

Padawan
Hi guys this is for my fellow brightonians who know what I'm talking about. Not sure if anyone has been to snoopers paradise recently but the toy Toni stall and stall 83 both have a couple of carded figures in. I'm interested in buying but unsure which ones will be legit and which ones will be toy Toni knockoff. The ones in his cabinet look rough and well worn but I haven't a clue if they are genuine or not. Are there any other Brighton locals here who have looked recently or can look in there and tell me for sure so I don't end up buying tat!

MarkG

Jedi Master
I popped in there a week or so back... the owner of stall 83 is a member here and fellow collector..plus an all round decent chap. His stuff is legit unless he has clearly marked it otherwise.
All the figures in Tonis cabinet are legit too. All his Palitoy stuff has left the planet by the looks of it since he got found out. He does have a few nice Kenner items from time to time, but the big scandal has left alot of people avoiding him all round.

Usetheforceluke

Padawan
There's a jawa in Toni's and the card looks immaculate! That's why I thought it might be fake. And his reputation obviously! How can you tell if they are genuine and not reseals? Annoying coz if he does do genuine moc figures id be interested in buying a load but also as he's a crook at the same time is would never get hold of him and would never be able to tell if it's genuine!

MarkG

Jedi Master
Toni has had cases of mint genuine mocs over the years, but looks like he's on the dregs now.
The Meccano Jawa is real.....he's had cases of them in the past. All the Kenner carded he has are real too. Only his Palitoy stuff was suspect but is no longer being sold (thankfully).

You can always ask for the key to any of the cabinets if you want closer inspection of bits.

As I said above also, the Stall 83 stuff is clearly marked if it's a reseal or figures have repro weapons.

As for getting hold of him... it's not that difficult. Just knock on his front door.

Usetheforceluke

Padawan
I didn't even notice the crack! That's why I come on here for help and advice :) I was only interested as it's very convenient for me to walk straight there and inspect the figures and buy them quickly. Rather then give Toni business can anyone recommend a local seller who deals in great price carded figures? Or is there a regular seller on here who has carded for great prices?

Cazza

Staff member
Supporter
Iain sells loads of quality mocs at realistic prices on here. Also Andyclarke and punk_pat regularly sell similar, but on a smaller scale.

Just keep checking the For Sale section, as a lot of the regular collectors move things on from time to time. There was some fantastic Walrusman mocs going last week for very good prices 8)

lejackal

Grand Master
Usetheforceluke said:
I didn't even notice the crack! That's why I come on here for help and advice :) I was only interested as it's very convenient for me to walk straight there and inspect the figures and buy them quickly. Rather then give Toni business can anyone recommend a local seller who deals in great price carded figures? Or is there a regular seller on here who has carded for great prices?
Just look in the FS section here as recommended previously, 99% guaranteed not to get f****d, if a buying new user don't pay gift unless solid credentials can be provided or don't pay gift ever if you want to be really careful. I would gift to Iainitfc, punk pat, andy clarke, scruffylookingnh, frunkstar, indiannawars, cazza, grinchy and many others I've forgotten to mention any day of the week.

Usetheforceluke

Padawan
Great cheers! Is there anyway on here to add them to a favourites list or to ensure you always see the latest stuff they sell as soon as they sell it? I'm also after any recommended graded figures sellers? Think I've under estimated the level of hate towards Toni on here! How did he manage to stay undetected for so long and how was he found out? Clearly has irked a lot of collectors! :(

Andyclarke

Sith Lord
Usetheforceluke said:
Great cheers! Is there anyway on here to add them to a favourites list or to ensure you always see the latest stuff they sell as soon as they sell it? I'm also after any recommended graded figures sellers? Think I've under estimated the level of hate towards Toni on here! How did he manage to stay undetected for so long and how was he found out? Clearly has irked a lot of collectors! :(

Not to miss an advertising opportunity :wink: I'm listing a load this weekend, probably Saturday morning, mainly Kenners. Keep your eye out in the for sale section.

lejackal

Grand Master
Andyclarke said:
Not to miss an advertising opportunity :wink: I'm listing a load this weekend, probably Saturday morning, mainly Kenners. Keep your eye out in the for sale section.
I read this as a race to Palitoys again
ScruffyLookingNH said:

Usetheforceluke

Padawan
Andyclarke said:
Usetheforceluke said:

Would you mind sending me a pm when they are listed?

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

Latest posts

Top Bottom