Latest Acquisitions

Joe

Grand Master
That's a great pick up for your focus Jez, slides aren't for everyone I agree with you but personally I think they compliment and fit perfectly within a character focus - awesome!

Jez

Sith Lord
SublevelStudios said:
Always nice to add to your focus Jez, but how come you stung by a fake? Did it look that good in the photos?!

Not posted anything up here for a while but I was delighted to get this newly listed buy it now directly from the original owner in South Africa of all places. Shout out to my homies Stef and Jimbo for the instant heads up on this listing :)

An early, and quite rare, invite to one of the first showings in the Uk. Measure 160mm x 110mm on card. What really makes it is the early RMQ logo design - 'THE STAR WARS'.

DSCN2268.jpg

Mate congrats that looks fantastic.

I got caught, big time. I noticed it on eBay with 10 minutes to go, lots of distraction photographs of the dented bubble and weapon tape undone.
Stated fully vintage etc.
I was too distracted looking up his feedback as he was a bit of a seller that would cancel a sale if he didn't get what he wanted for his items.
I hadn't even taken it out of the star case it was shipped in when it dawned on me i'd been done. The feel was awful, the card was actually separating, the bubble seal was ok but the 2 big tell tales were the bubble position and the print quality. It is truly horrific.
The photos in the listing were poor. I actually showed the winning pictures to Iain, Marc and the Podcast lads just after i won it as i was so chuffed. No one noticed the bubble position, but looking at it now it was so obvious! So annoyed. Thats 2 x LXWs from eBay (the first had a cracked undeclared bubble), both got sent back to the seller.

Thanks for the comments on the slide. It goes great next to the proof and prototype coin.

RifleSmile

Jedi Knight
SublevelStudios said:
Always nice to add to your focus Jez, but how come you stung by a fake? Did it look that good in the photos?!

Not posted anything up here for a while but I was delighted to get this newly listed buy it now directly from the original owner in South Africa of all places. Shout out to my homies Stef and Jimbo for the instant heads up on this listing :)

An early, and quite rare, invite to one of the first showings in the Uk. Measure 160mm x 110mm on card. What really makes it is the early RMQ logo design - 'THE STAR WARS'.

DSCN2268.jpg

That's amazing - would look great framed well

Dublinjeff

Grand Master
Almost 2 months ago, I spotted both these bargain cards on US and Canadian eBay. Only problem was the Sellers were looking for over $100 postage on the cards between them to Ireland :cry:

Up stepped Mr. Sanderson to give a helping hand..post ended up at only £24 total for both...Well worth the wait!

Kenner 65 back, Emperor offer card with Coin offer sticker. I've only ever come across this on one other Rebel Commando cardback which is in a dedicated focus...resealed, but a total bargain at £16... :shock:

Next, a Canadian Kenner 65 back Niem Numb offer card....Resealed, but quite a hard card to pick up. Made in China cardback with the original China COO figure....really thought I'd missed out on this one, but Iain was brilliant sorting out a deal! Another bargain at £34.... :D
IMG_20160523_100925.jpg

IMG_20160523_100953.jpg

IMG_20160523_100939.jpg

skywalker

Jedi Master
Picked this up ages ago and only posting because it features a great article on Tri-logo by our very own expert Joe..

It was a fantastic read mate I really enjoyed it and now I can not wait for your book. :D

image_zpszdjlgyvy.jpg

image_zpsqnmrd81j.jpg

image_zpstf2iucoe.jpg

Joe

Grand Master
Wow awesome, I almost feel like a latest acquisition myself now :lol: Thanks for posting that Skywalker and I'm really happy you enjoyed it, hope the book is equally entertaining for you as the magazine article was :)

steve obi wan

Sith Lord
Supporter
skywalker said:
Picked this up ages ago and only posting because it features a great article on Tri-logo by our very own expert Joe..

It was a fantastic read mate I really enjoyed it and now I can not wait for your book. :D

image_zpszdjlgyvy.jpg

image_zpsqnmrd81j.jpg

Nice !
image_zpstf2iucoe.jpg

Nice!

stormcab

Sith Lord
Wicked price guide books there. Still very accurate if they stay away from graded prices.

Well done on the Leia MOC.

Grant_C

Grand Master
Supporter
Didn't know this display existed till it came up on eBay. Still finding new stuff out after all this time. But that's the fun I guess.

1983 ROTJ UK H.C Ford Pocket Memos 3 Pack Display

y45yuu_zpsrg95ko8q.jpg

db94

Sith Lord
Supporter
£59 Leia Hoth :D
Postie just delivered this lovely little package from Iain - nice AA baggie and my childhood Lando will finally be reunited with his cape :D
WP_20160525_12_15_00_Pro_zps2cejszjt.jpg

stormcab

Sith Lord
Well, you couldn't make this **** up :D

Here is that famous Palitoy 45A Bespin Han that's been making all the headlines. It's now safely in my hands. Thanks Max.

Oh and probably the best postage packaging I've ever seen. Bubble was wrapped in cellophane, then wrapped around card, in a star case stuffed with packing foam, in a box stuffed with packing foam! :D

Attachments

• IMG_1280.JPG
    IMG_1280.JPG
    78.6 KB · Views: 385

Latest posts

Top Bottom