Latest Acquisitions

benny100

Sith Lord
Finally got hold of a Ledy Emperor, black wicket staff has an 'L' on it

12C6D759-61A6-4BFD-AF59-AA34705E1A44_zpsjmnddlye.jpg

BruceW

Padawan
Before Celebration, I picked this up for the oddball section of the Leia collection, a Ben Cooper Halloween costume with an odd packaging sticker that I'd never seen before.
costume_.jpg

costume21.jpg

I really like the illustration on that sticker.

While in Anaheim, I picked up a few more things:

Polish Unarticulated Leia White Bootleg
bootlegwhite2.jpg

Mexican Unarticluated Leia Bespin Bootleg
BootBespinMex.jpg

Japanese bottle caps
bottlecaps.jpg

Letraset sheet
letraset.jpg

I also picked up a few friends in the form of the guys from the SWFUK podcast! Fantastic meeting all of you!

Cheers to all,
Bruce

sith-smith

Grand Master
My latest. Not Star Wars I know, but chuffed to get. Plus I'll have loads of Star Wars stuff to post shortly

Thanks to Andy to finding this piece for me 8)

102_1674_zpsddlxjcdk.jpg

Mr-shifter

Sith Lord
Evening chaps.

I will do a full trip report into Celebration 7 at the weekend I expect. I have a load of cool stuff, some photos and stuff and will share how my celebration experience went. In the meantime I thought I would share my vintage acquisitions on the correct thread.

I really wanted to see what I would be able to get hold of that wouldn't normally be easily accessible to me. I have a MOC run going at the moment which will eventually consist of one of every figure on a diverse mixture of cardbacks. I am about 2/3rds of the way there and have gone of on a bit of a tangent as I have decided to try to pick up the alternate photos on trilogos and the such. So on that note, I picked this up:

0E779BDA-51A1-4CDE-81F4-EF6FDF72EC88.jpg

Not the toughest of cards to find but I needed a 48 back Jedi and its in lovely shape. I got a great deal from Todd Chamberlain for him thanks mostly to a certain Mr Sanderson.

In light of recent other happenings on other forums, I decided the best thing to do during the room sales was to find a Mexican and give him some money. I picked up this:

3589C2C4-7C19-428D-B9B4-C8F189408C1D.jpg

Been after one for a while. limbs are loose but I am very happy with him, plus he came with a genuine Ledi Blaster. He might have to make do with a kenner com link. I also got these:

B057A754-B039-4599-8212-FB44A8024A82.jpg

I would love a Ledi MOC, but the prices at the moment are eye watering, so I decided this would have to be the next best thing.

Carrying on the South American theme, I picked up this:

33D25BCE-7141-4350-913A-DF6964211D06.jpg

This thing is verging on bootleg. The stumpy little stormtrooper with no foot holes and his square blaster plus the cheaply made card back. The bubble has been stapled to the card and also reinforced with tape. Speaking to people this was common and done by the shops originally selling the figures as the bubbles were prone to falling off.

Finally completing my whistlestop tour around South America, I picked up an example of Brazils finest:

FF8D9A2B-D1C8-4304-9695-FCFAC3AC18F9.jpg

The card has a litho tear, but the price was really good, and the R2 is minty. The seller had been offered asking price by someone who had mentioned he wanted to take it off the card to get the minty R2. Quite glad he said no and its now sitting in my collection.

Hope you enjoy.

Ben

BruceW

Padawan
sith-smith said:
Cool Leia stuff Bruce...you should really start a Leia focus :wink:

I don't know...I just might! :wink:

Mr-shifter said:
FF8D9A2B-D1C8-4304-9695-FCFAC3AC18F9.jpg

The card has a litho tear, but the price was really good, and the R2 is minty. The seller had been offered asking price by someone who had mentioned he wanted to take it off the card to get the minty R2. Quite glad he said no and its now sitting in my collection.

Hope you enjoy.

Ben

Great pickups, Ben!
That Glasslite R2 is looks awesome! Glad you saved it from U grading!

SublevelStudios

Sith Lord
sith-smith said:
My latest. Not Star Wars I know, but chuffed to get. Plus I'll have loads of Star Wars stuff to post shortly

102_1674_zpsddlxjcdk.jpg

Bloody LOVE this mate!!!!!!!!!!!! I had one as a kid, mainly wanted it for the blue robot :D
Might have to hunt one of these down myself now - oh god, I can feel a vintage Space Lego collection coming on...

Mr. Shifter, looks like Anaheim was a great place for picking up awesome, rare MOC's! So far I've seen several folks and their haul's from Celebration and I have to say how impressive these latest purchases are, some really, really nice pieces. That Glasslite R2 is a stunner! nice one mate :D

jedi_masters

Sith Lord
Supporter
Fantastic haul Ben, can not believe some idiot was going to pull that R2 of the glasslite card, beggars belief.

Love the vintage space lego Gary. Cant beat the original stuff.

Stuart Skinner

Sith Lord
Some great picks ups lads recently.

Loving your celebration haul Ben, great pieces.

Bruce,,I expect to see a photo of you in that outfit within the next 14 days

pizzathehutt

Sith Lord
SublevelStudios said:
sith-smith said:

102_1674_zpsddlxjcdk.jpg

Bloody LOVE this mate!!!!!!!!!!!! I had one as a kid, mainly wanted it for the blue robot :D
Might have to hunt one of these down myself now - oh god, I can feel a vintage Space Lego collection coming on...

Mr. Shifter, looks like Anaheim was a great place for picking up awesome, rare MOC's! So far I've seen several folks and their haul's from Celebration and I have to say how impressive these latest purchases are, some really, really nice pieces. That Glasslite R2 is a stunner! nice one mate :D

i had the old pyjamas with the 2 button space lego men, loved them!

Latest posts

Top Bottom