Is it wrong to really dislike other collectors ?

x-pack

Grand Master
Wise words there Mr Todd, and a cautionary tale to boot. For anyone who doesn't know, if you like a bit of a debate or find yourself thinking 'hang on, i don't agree with that opinion' having it out on RS is probably not best. I think Mike would fully agree with that statement. He might not put it that way though :)

Michael Sith

Grand Master
Supporter
Presumably not the Mike in question, but ill have my 2 pennarth :D

The one thing that stands this forum out, is the willingness of seasoned members to accept and welcome noobs, who genuinely are looking for advice and support as they begin to put together THEIR collection. Not the collection that is the norm, or the directed one, but the collection YOU want.
I have had fantastic advice since joining, and woul advise anyone this is the forum for true collectors.
Forums that dictate, berate and flame individuals for inexperience, or daring to have an opinion, are not the place for me.
Everybody has been a beginner at some point, and has to learn.

The key thing on this forum is the community spirit, and the genuine comradery.

Great guys, great forum. :D

Drakon

Jedi Knight
A recent post by AF

Theres still thousands of variations of bootlegs to be discovered, hidden away in all corners of the globe, and what could be more exciting than that?

Just something along the lines of the thread.

Grant

Sith Lord
PGowdy said:
Drakon said:
This guy is really making a bad name for himself. Iain...you aren't the only one who feels this way about this guy. As soon as he joined up....he came in guns blazing!!

Some people just need the attention. It's all completely intentional baiting. We've seen it here. It's just a desire within some people for conflict. Unresolved personal issues, social shortcomings and personality defects cause them to seek reaction and usually the easiest place, especially for the cowardly, is on the internet because they are ultimately protected by partial if not complete anonymity. Most wouldn't even know why they're doing it or realise that they have a pattern of this kind of behaviour. Usually what will happen is someone will react to what they say, is was their intention, and call them a prick or whatever and then they have what they need to justify their anti-social stance. They work the logic backwards to make them feel like they were somehow right to be a prick. This is why i always say you gotta ignore these low-lifes. They don't like it, they'll even try tracking you down for the fight they so desperately crave but if no one pays any attention they'll leave and go find it somewhere else. It's transparent, predictable and pathetic. They'll like to think they're very unique and full of "character" but they're anything but. They're dull, emotionally undeveloped and sociologically dysfunctional and above all very very sad.

Think Iv just found my new sig... PG great post by the way. Are you a shrink by any chance coz if you are I might be in need of some brain therapy (but on the cheap of course lol). :mrgreen:

Wild Whiphid

Padawan
Nothing wrong with disliking other people if they deserve it.
You can always disagree with each other on how or what to collect, but making a fight over it is just useless. Everybody has his/her own interests in collecting, and as long as it doesn't hurt your way of collecting or the way you enjoy the hobby... let them.
But having a **** personality, please do dislike them. But don't give 'm to much attention. :D

I used to know this **** on another forum who was constantly bashing a bunch of collectors (including me) for not being "real" fans because we collected loose toys. In the end his only goal on said forum was to just post negative comments on posts by others. Sad ****.

That being said, I really like how you guys on here are supporting newbies and help out with advice.
Much appreciated! :D

Grant_C

Grand Master
Supporter
Pete analysis reminds me of Karl Jung's 'Shadow Projection'. To project your darkness onto someone and then criticizing them for those faults......and stuff.

Jung is also the embryonic start of Star Wars which is interesting.

But sometimes people let off steam on someone simply because the had a Council Tax bill that morning.

I find the most important rule is not what someone says, its why they said it.

"I hate Fags!" says more about the person than homosexuals for example.

GanjaFett

Padawan
I've got issues with RS as well but you guys... You sure hate you some scum don't you!

There's D-bags on every forum. There's D-bags on Facebook groups too. Give them a little time and they usually turn out alright. I know I posted some ignorant **** when I first started contributing to forums. Probably still do :)

All this for AussieFortuna's comment about the repros? Surely you can see what he meant. You can burn and melt all you want , but they'll keep coming. It's the way he comes across that's rubbing everyone the wrong way..?

Andy A

tiefighterboy

Grand Master
Andy...I think most of the problem is that you can not actually challenge anyone on that forum or offer any debate that goes beyond a "hey I think your wrong" or the MOD Squad will shut it down (or ban you which has happned to many of us here). It is more of the whole policing of it...which allows the ones that really need an adjustment to freely spout ingnorance, while the people that want to take them on get warned and banned for being slightly more opposing than a stuffed bear.

I agree we talk way too much about the other site....It is just sort of like a bad accident you witness...you do not want to watch...but you do.

I am actually trying to refrain from even looking at that site......as it just brings out the worst in me. :wink:

GanjaFett

Padawan
I get what you're saying. I was also temporarily banned from RS by an over zealous Mod and my friend Joe Y was banned and that still bothers me.

Regarding Tony (AussieFortuna) , it seems the person that started this thread has a personal issue with him and he must realize that what he's saying here will hurt someone's feelings that it doesn't seem he deserves, but I don't know the whole backstory.

I've only had positive conversations with Tony, so I thought I would say something.

Andy A

PGowdy

Grand Master
GanjaFett said:
I've got issues with RS as well but you guys... You sure hate you some scum don't you!

There's D-bags on every forum. There's D-bags on Facebook groups too. Give them a little time and they usually turn out alright. I know I posted some ignorant **** when I first started contributing to forums. Probably still do :)

All this for AussieFortuna's comment about the repros? Surely you can see what he meant. You can burn and melt all you want , but they'll keep coming. It's the way he comes across that's rubbing everyone the wrong way..?

Andy A

His kind of bullshit would be judged the same whatever forum it came from. We've had ignorant wankers like that join up here before a few times. They just never last long. And this is part of the issue, no matter how much of an obvious, complete odious prick someone is, they'll still find someone, like yourself, to defend them and back them up. I think that's one of the reasons some people don't like RS. They prefer a forum where the members there can recognise a twat and treat as such.
And to your point about 'usually if you give them time they turn out ok...' we have first hand experience that that is completely inaccurate. 9/10 if someone comes across as a **** at first it's usually cos they're a ****.

GanjaFett

Padawan
Gowdy, sorry if I interrupted the bashing session. Like I said, I don't know the story behind why you guys don't like Tony. If someone was talking **** about you, I'd say that I only had good interactions with you as well. Which is the truth and someone may still think you're a ****.

Sure, there's cunts that stay cunts, but most newbs have a way of coming out guns blazing not knowing much about what they're shooting and later learn the ways of the forums and turn out okay.

I don't have a horse in the race, just thought I'd offer a differing opinion since that's what you guys say you value on this forum.

Andy A

PGowdy

Grand Master
GanjaFett said:
Gowdy, sorry if I interrupted the bashing session. Like I said, I don't know the story behind why you guys don't like Tony. If someone was talking **** about you, I'd say that I only had good interactions with you as well. Which is the truth and someone may still think you're a ****.

Sure, there's cunts that stay cunts, but most newbs have a way of coming out guns blazing not knowing much about what they're shooting and later learn the ways of the forums and turn out okay.

I don't have a horse in the race, just thought I'd offer a differing opinion since that's what you guys say you value on this forum.

Andy A

That's fair enough. I'm just kind of saying that this guys comments and general attitude isn't really defensible. I hear this "but he's always nice to me" argument a lot but surely the mark of a man is how he acts toward all around him... not just one person he happens to like.
I think, altho some don't get it, that part of what makes this forum great is that we do find behaviour like this offensive and reprehensible and let it be known by voicing our disgust/(bashing). I think it's when you start bullying or bashing those that don't deserve it you need to be bought into question. Personally.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

Latest posts

Top Bottom