Imperial Dig lost paint on nose in transit?

starshipriot

Jedi Master
So I bought an imp dig on ebay about three weeks ago. Bid a little higher than I ought cos it had no paint loss on the nose in the pictures, and it said in the description that it didnt either. It arrived yesterday in a big box, with lots of padding, then inside a ziplock bag and an a4 peice of paper (ebay reciept) surrounding the figure inside the ziplock bag. As I took the paper away I could clearly see it was lacking the paint on his nose. Could this have rubbed off on the paper that was surrounding him? Or done before packing up? As it was really really well packed. I dont wanna be a dick and complain but at the same time im only after a non paint loss one as I like to display my figures minty, and that isnt.
Any thoughts appreciated!

theforceuk

Grand Master
Supporter
If your not happy with it get a refund, item not as described at the end of the day.

itfciain

Grand Master
The paint on the nose is poor on this figure so I guess it could have happened in transit. If the seller described it with no paint loss and it has it now then I don't think you need to worry about being a dick - just ask them if you can return it and they should have no issue

Robstyley

Sith Lord
If it had no paint loss in the photo on the listing and the one that's arrived has he's either sent you a different figure or it's happened in transit. Either way it's not worth an arguement, just ask for a refund.

weasel

Staff member
Supporter
Robstyley said:
If it had no paint loss in the photo on the listing and the one that's arrived has he's either sent you a different figure or it's happened in transit. Either way it's not worth an arguement, just ask for a refund.

Yeap, the cynic in me says it's a different figure, but i guess it is remotely possible it was rubbed off in transit. Either way it's not as described so return for a full refund.

walkie

Sith Lord
post up a link to the auction and a photo of the figure, there's a good chance it's a different figure.

ScruffyLookingNH

Sith Lord
Supporter
weasel said:
Robstyley said:

Yeap, the cynic in me says it's a different figure, but i guess it is remotely possible it was rubbed off in transit. Either way it's not as described so return for a full refund.

Yup. Fully agree.

starshipriot

Jedi Master
Heya guys.

Its deffo the same figure i think as if you look on the headdress/hat there is a little bit of a scratch and some loosish plastic. Mine has tne same.

Excuse pic quality!

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Vintage-Star-Wars-Imperial-Dignitary-Last-17-POTF-Action-Figure-near-mint-/111810720545?ul_ref=http%3A%2F%2Frover.ebay.com%2Frover%2F0%2Fe11922.m43.l3160%2F7%3Feuid%3Deb16b83f724347969a28b1851a6e7fa7%26loc%3Dhttp%253A%252F%252Fcgi.ebay.co.uk%252Fws%252FeBayISAPI.dll%253FViewItem%2526item%253D111810720545%2526ssPageName%253DADME%253AX%253ARRIRTB%253AGB%253A3160%26srcrot%3De11922.m43.l3160%26rvr_id%3D0&ssPageName=ADME:X:RRIRTB:GB:3160

2roqi4m.jpg

starshipriot

Jedi Master
It is odd. Unless its because it was loosely wrapped in paper in a large zip lock bag, and rattled around. Even then though I wouldnt have thought it would be so easy to lose paint off a nose. I know they lose paint easy, but THAT easy?

palitoyjunky

Sith Lord
This figure is notorious for having paint loss on the nose, I have seen carded examples with paint loss on the nose :!:

Ur not being a dick, there is a big diff between a fully painted nose and not on this figure :!:

jedisearcher

Sith Lord
I'd be going full refund (unless I was happy with the damage), he could easily have dropped it when he was packing it.

starshipriot

Jedi Master
Just had this as a reply

"If you ship it back and it is the same figure I posted by verifying the code on the figure I will reimburse your payment."

Very short. What code is he on about? The date and coo?

indianawars

Sith Lord
Any old Tom, Dick, and Harry can see it's the same figure with the damage on the head dress... I can only echo what's been said, but it could be a case of pre-shipping damage. It does sound like it was well secured to have been done while in transit.

jedisearcher

Sith Lord
starshipriot said:
Just had this as a reply

"If you ship it back and it is the same figure I posted by verifying the code on the figure I will reimburse your payment."

Very short. What code is he on about? The date and coo?

POTF figures don't have a date/COO, but I'm guessing that's what he means.

lejackal

Grand Master
Just make sure you do the return through Ebay and not just post back hoping for the best.

Ian_C

Jedi Master
lejackal said:
Just make sure you do the return through Ebay and not just post back hoping for the best.

EXACTLY!

If you return it on your own without a claim, he can just keep it and never pay you. Assuming he sent it with tracking, he only needs to say it was proven delivered, and you have no case. Perhaps a partial reimbursement, but you'd still be out the figure and some money.

In my opinion, if you want a guarantee of getting your money back, file for a partial repayment due to damage. You will win that with your pics. Then sell the figure yourself on ebay, and you recover the rest - and possibly a bit more. :)

Ian

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

Latest posts

Top Bottom