Hydrogen peroxide Shuttle resto disaster oops

jay4

Jedi Knight
threaders said:
I think last time I used 35% but it was only half a litre diluted, which worked fine. It's just the shuttle is so big, I thought I'd get 5 litres and top up the rest with water. It was going well no the parts sat in that 1st mix for nearly a week, with no damage and the yellowing having faded significantly that I thought that it would be ok to make the solution stronger. :?
I knew I was taking a risk when I bought the shuttle in the first place, just didn't think id melt the bloody thing :cry: I though worst case scenario would be that it did sod all, so I got quite excited when it started to work. Oh we'll I am very embarrassed but I hope it serves as some info for anyone thinking of trying it :)

this is actually a really good 8) as anyone looking to hp starwars should come across this via googling the subject and be led right to this , its deffinately a warning and its deffo the first real disaster ive seen on the subject but great documentation of what can happen if your not careful

Michael Sith

Grand Master
Supporter
Cc4rhu said:
Stronger, more defined shape.

Cheers Rich :D

There's a link here Jay4

I've done the starch and iron on

X wing box
Jabba box
ATAT box

Certainly squares and retains the shape via the starch, pulls out creases as well.
It's never going to be mint, but that's the problem, if you want a mint box or ship then buy it mint.
For me it's about enhancing the appearance to the best you can, without damaging/replacing anything.

http://www.starwarsforum.co.uk/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=16666&hilit=X+wing+clean+up

jay4

Jedi Knight
Michael Sith said:
Cc4rhu said:
Stronger, more defined shape.

Cheers Rich :D

There's a link here Jay4

I've done the starch and iron on

X wing box
Jabba box
ATAT box

Certainly squares and retains the shape via the starch, pulls out creases as well.
It's never going to be mint, but that's the problem, if you want a mint box or ship then buy it mint.
For me it's about enhancing the appearance to the best you can, without damaging/replacing anything.

http://www.starwarsforum.co.uk/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=16666&hilit=X+wing+clean+up
cheers very much . i will have a look :p

x-pack

Grand Master
Holy **** :shock:

I was not expecting that. Thought you were going have pictures of a shuttle with some staining or something.

Cautionary tale right there :(

Pomse2001

Grand Master
Sorry mate to see the disaster with the ship :(

Was it original stickers on the ship ? why did you not remove them before you cleaned the ship ? So you could put them back on later ?

threaders

Padawan
Thanks for the comments guys. If anyone could Keep an eye out for some shuttle side wings then I can start to rebuild it. I have seen some side wings on a reissue shuttle on ebay, but I would rather try and keep it all original and vintage :)

jay4

Jedi Knight
threaders said:
Thanks for the comments guys. If anyone could Keep an eye out for some shuttle side wings then I can start to rebuild it. I have seen some side wings on a reissue shuttle on ebay, but I would rather try and keep it all original and vintage :)
you would prob be cheaper and deffo quiker buying another shuttle and selling what you have left as spares

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

Latest posts

Top Bottom