Hermes Strike Again

kieatky

Jedi Master
I've had a few deliveries from Hermes and most have been fine. After reading the recent bad experiences of other forum members I unfortunately have now joined the bad experience club :( . Purchased a couple of loose figures and card backs from evil bay. Both figures looked in great condition and the card backs were quite nice to. Package arrived today, immediately you could see the box was damaged (crushed as though someone had stood on it). Opened the package and despite the sellers decent packaging job the figures were both damaged and the card backs were badly bent. Have emailed the seller to see if he can put a claim in. Hermes are an absolute joke, Royal Mail may not be the cheapest but at least they don't tend to kick the parcel to your house :x :x :x

IMG_1493.jpg

IMG_1494.jpg

IMG_1496.jpg

db94

Sith Lord
Supporter
Ah mate!
I feel for you buddy, it's just **** when this happens. Buying SW should be enjoyable from start to finish, no way we should have to stress that things will arrive damaged.

Seeing something you've got excited about arrive damaged is such a kick in the balls - you are angry and frustrated!!
This will sound stupid but having my Palitoy Blaster box crushed has really taken the wind out of my collecting sails, I've boxed it up and put it away, when I look at it I just get pissed off.

As for the ****ers at Hermes - they have gone silent, last I got from them was they didn't cover the outer packaging of my toy and no feedback on how my parcel could arrive so squashed.

Honestly thought using them was better than Royal Mail as I wrongly assumed they would be more accountable so would take more care!

kieatky

Jedi Master
E-bay seller got back to me, fair play he's been good so far, very apologetic, luckily he took out the extra insurance so will wait to see what happens. Thankfully the Amanaman was just an extra for my loose Jabba display, if needs be I can glue the tip of his tale back on. The luke bespin figure again was gonna be a spare, however I am gutted that his Palitoy card back is now knackered, it looked great on the original listing but now is pretty rough.

Robstyley

Sith Lord
That's ****ed up Kieron, what a bummer. Hopefully you'll get some money back man. Not to piss on it or anything but at least it was only spare figures and cardbacks.. not a minty Moc or a nice boxed vehicle completely crushed. Still sucks though :(

x-pack

Grand Master
Not again! :x

That's two guys on this forum within two weeks! This must be a massive problem at Hermes. I was in the Post Office the other day and the woman in front was asking the staff whether or not she should write FRAGILE on the box as she'd heard doing so was like death for parcels. I couldn't help chirping in that it certainly wouldn't be wise with Hermes!

stormcab

Sith Lord
FFS!! I suggest when people post if it's not already part protected in graded a case or normal acrylic ones, they go to Poundland and buy the £1 Tupperware boxes that are big enough to hold a carded figure. My first round of eBay sales got several "bomb-proof" packaging feedbacks. Sellers need to start upgrading their packaging materials.

mumbo

Sith Lord
That sucks, has to be foul play :evil:

Personally never had a problem with Hermes having sent and received a fair bit, suppose I've been lucky.

Sounds like you have a sensible seller so at least you both wont e out of pocket but what a waste :(

elcroz

Padawan
stormcab said:
FFS!! I suggest when people post if it's not already part protected in graded a case or normal acrylic ones, they go to Poundland and buy the £1 Tupperware boxes that are big enough to hold a carded figure. My first round of eBay sales got several "bomb-proof" packaging feedbacks. Sellers need to start upgrading their packaging materials.
Bloody great idea, well said stormcab

Mr-shifter

Sith Lord
stormcab said:

You know I never thought of that. You could put one in a star case with peanuts and bubble protection, then put that in a £1 Tupperware box as part of a double boxing.

What a fantastic idea.

Pomse2001

Grand Master
What the ****, this is the biggest damage I have ever seen, a moc totally destroyed a broken amanaman and a luke bespin that has lost his head :shock:

I am so sorry to see this, I hope you get your money back and you find some new ones :wink:

indianawars

Sith Lord
It always feels like a kick in the gut when receiving something damaged in the post!... Myself, I use Royal mail special delivery every time when I post a MOC and have never had any issues regarding it. I know it costs a little extra, but what's a few extra pounds when it comes to items that have sold for a few hundred?!

ScruffyLookingNH

Sith Lord
Supporter
That's ****. Looks like the package had been caught under the rear roller shutter of one of their bigger lorries.

Guys, I've said this here before regarding couriers and their refusal to cover "outer packaging" having pursued a successful claim through the court process against Parcel2Go: Ask them to point out where, exactly, in their terms and conditions, it states that this is not covered. I checked Hermes' T&Cs just the other day before dispatching a fragile item and NOWHERE does it state in the excluded and prohibited items that outer packaging is not covered.

Even should this fail at court then you can always fall back on the fact that the item is a collectible and the outer packaging is not merely something to keep the item in but contains a great deal of the value.

Even with modern stuff you can prove that the packaging is of value. Simply point out that if there was no value to it then why do supermarkets discount items with damaged packaging? Think of the dented tins of soup, etc. in the discount section.

An amusing twist to this, which flies in the face of their "no outer packaging" happened when I sent a guy a couple of EMPTY Lego Minifigure boxes. I sold him two empty boxes for £12. Packed and sent them. Hermes crushed the box and damaged one of empty retail boxes. I put in a claim, they refused it on the grounds they didn't cover outer retail packaging. I pointed out that the entire content of the package WAS outer retail packaging and therefore clearly it had value. They paid up without further argument.

It's a totally winnable argument and, if all else fails, take the simple step of registering a claim through the small claims court process as Money Collection Online (Govt. service, google it). It works!

And stormcab: awesome idea re the cheap plastic tubs.

edd_jedi

Staff member
Supporter
**** to see, to take a loose figures head off it must have received some knock!

Cocobean

Padawan
That's absolutely shocking I've had many run ins with Hermes I am awaiting 2 deathstar playsets to be delivered by them against my wishes however the sellers say they have total confidence in Hermes I genuinely feel for you hopefully you will have it resolved in a favourable way sometimes just a note that the worst thing someone can do is label a parcel fragile it seems to translate as kick me punch me and throw me in courier language anyway good luck getting it sorted

Grant

Sith Lord
Never use Hermies. Plain and simple. Sounds like the need to go into liquidation and die as a company. Cunts...

naughtyjedi

Sith Lord
348 transactions with hermes.. and only 1 incident (some records left outside on a hot day, despite my amazing packaging, the heat supposedly caused some issues.. )

looking at the packaging on that item, I would lay some blame on the seller. im assuming that was two figures loosely laid in some foam. they would move around in that. the box looks crappy. that type of foam is very flimsy, and a hard impact would not protect an item.

Were the cardbacks separately packed in card?

assume everything you send will get used as a football somewhere down the line.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Top Bottom