Growing vintage sets & figs

monkey_roo

Sith Lord
CAP-2
Bought a separate lose one and cleaned it up and then found an empty box, wouldn't call it a beater box but not exactly mint 😀
Good enough for me.
IMG_8613.jpeg

Last edited:

monkey_roo

Sith Lord
These two arrived today
Only complaint is I wish people would clean things before selling.
Transporter was sold as minty - it took two hours with a toothbrush - like wise the tauntaun is almost a different colour than when it arrived.
Still both have cleaned up well and the reigns on the tauntaun are not snapped, so that is a big plus.

Got a lose B-Wing on the way this week as well, looking forward to to that.
IMG_8622.jpeg

Ruby2511

Sith Lord
And the B-Wing
Again with the cleaning, but comes up nicely. Can't get the electrics to work, but haven't tried too hard. Landing gear works well
View attachment 186161
Nice find! Got one of these beauty's for Christmas from my wife. Can't wait to get it cleaned up and displayed! Spent ages trying to find one that didn't have the guns snapped off 🤣

monkey_roo

Sith Lord
Six more figs - three more to arrive this week and then I need a new display case and that will be another set of 12 on the shelf.

IMG_8821.jpeg

monkey_roo

Sith Lord
Is says a lot when you forget what you own, but I came across this book when clearing up a store room.

What's worse is it is signed and dedicated to me…. I have no memory of buying this (and don't collect French toy) - some nice images though, which is why I probably bought it.

IMG_8836.jpeg
IMG_8837.jpeg
IMG_8838.jpeg

monkey_roo

Sith Lord
This one will want upgrading down the road - the box is a beater, the toy is OK - a bit rough but fine - but for £20 and given how damn hard it is to find a decent one of these for sensible money it will do nicely - especially as it completes my Mini-Rigs.

IMG_8877.jpeg

monkey_roo

Sith Lord
So I'm fairly sure I will file this one under 'regret purchase'.
I took a punt knowing the figures were pretty much beaters - I was hoping the 3PO was in better nick and the original sale photo really hid how melfed the DS Droid is. But it was the gun I wanted, I wasn't 💯 sure if it was a repro or not and the description was lacking. But I took a risk.

IMG_8887.jpeg

monkey_roo

Sith Lord
Now putting the gun agains two genuine ones I am
99% sure it is a repro… (it's the top one) which makes my purchase a waste.

IMG_8886.jpeg

Mini99

Sith Lord
Supporter
Really need far better pictures, but my first impression is that it is repro….sorry
Is the back of the blaster Square? If so most likely a Saltburn Repro.
Have you had a good look here?

monkey_roo

Sith Lord
Not sure if these are better - like i said pretty sure it's fake - bloody annoying, but i guess i took the punt - the description was very light - so seller 💯 knew what he had.

IMG_8889.jpeg
IMG_8888.jpeg

Snaketibe

Grand Master
Supporter
I take no pleasure in saying this, but I've seen more believable £3 notes. Granted the photos aren't pin-sharp, but the corners of the blaster that should be square are rounded, and there doesn't seem to be any surface texture on the grip at all. It's about as genuine as Bruce Forsyth's hair.

Latest posts

Top Bottom