Growing vintage sets & figs

monkey_roo

Sith Lord
I minor amount of what turned out to be quite simple surgery and the broken chin gun clips have been replaced with new-old non-broken clips.
After all that I also now have two spare chin guns and a spare bulb cover…
IMG_7783.jpeg
IMG_7782.jpeg

monkey_roo

Sith Lord
Back on SW
Overall mixed feelings.
Everting is complete and it has cleaned up nicely.
The box is a bit of a mess, but the big sides display well.
Sadly all 6 of the clips that hold the three trees in place to the plates have been snapped - careless uncoupling and packing I suspect - that said on a shelf it will display well enough - but do I leave it be or do I give in and buy three replacement trees……
IMG_8228.jpeg

monkey_roo

Sith Lord
Well - I answered my own question - incomplete village on the way that claims to have good clips......

monkey_roo

Sith Lord
As so it is.
The exact opposite of the other set - the clips are so tight I can't and won't pull apart 😀
It took a a fair bit of cleaning (and I might have another go later) - but with all parts restored it looks nice.

It also means my 7yr old now has a village of her own (she wants to put it in the garden with her growing army of beater Ewok - 8 and counting so far…)
IMG_8241.jpeg

monkey_roo

Sith Lord
These are technically all for my daughter who wanted an Ewok army…. Mission accomplished 😀

Although now I am trying to work out how best to secure the broken baseplates together so they don't fall apart when played with - sadly glue might be the best option. I thought about trying tape on the underside or creating holes to screw and bolt together - but tape doesn't hold and I am worried drilling the plastic will shatter it given the age.

It is all beater stuff and meant to be played with - so glue it might well be (although it goes against every fibre of my collectors being 😀)

IMG_8267.jpeg

Pomse2001

Grand Master
Great updates. I really like the ewok village with all the ewoks :cool: it is better to have a damaged box that not have any box :)

monkey_roo

Sith Lord
Actually this photo shows all new purchase and some older rigs in one
The X-Wing is super clean but someone put repo stickers on it - grumpy about that but as a lose display ship it looks nice
The Y-Wing is minty, landing gear crisp, all parts and the electronics even work…
The ISP-6 is nice and boxed with instructions, likewise the INT-4
Incidentally the space around the empty shelves is where the figures are heading.

IMG_8527.jpeg

StarWarsFan

Grand Master
Actually this photo shows all new purchase and some older rigs in one
The X-Wing is super clean but someone put repo stickers on it - grumpy about that but as a lose display ship it looks nice
The Y-Wing is minty, landing gear crisp, all parts and the electronics even work…
The ISP-6 is nice and boxed with instructions, likewise the INT-4
Incidentally the space around the empty shelves is where the figures are heading.

View attachment 186024
Nice one mate

Latest posts

Top Bottom