Forum member: SKYLINE......avoid

Pomse2001

Grand Master
Damn, more than a month to Dublin from Glasgow :shock: That is very bad.

I once waited 1 month for a packet from spain to denmark and I thought that was bad :(

weasel

Staff member
Supporter
weasel said:
Dan, there is a simple solution here.
You say the items have been posted, and that you have the proof of postage.............so show us a picture of postal receipt!

That proves they are en route and WHEN you posted them.

PS excuses like "my cameras broken" or "can't upload pictures at the minute" etc. will do you no favours.

Solves any issues about the PO being crap, come on Dan, you know you want to!
Or is there a reason you can't!? :wink:

Dublinjeff

Grand Master
:evil: :evil: just been told now that he can't stick a claim in with Royal Mail for 20 working days after due delivery date for loss if items.... ? so that will be end of February.....

Dublinjeff

Grand Master
PGowdy said:
Why don't you just ask him to refund you. The claim with Royal Mail is his problem not yours.
I have, repeatedly, it's like he's making out now that he has to wait to stick in the claim, then get compensated the money, then he will refund me..... :evil: :evil:

mumbo

Sith Lord
I was under the impression it was 15 days :?

Still not produced the proof of purchase :roll:

This is very bad form :(

Dublinjeff

Grand Master
My query about the Royal Mail claim is at the bottom......
2013-02-13 20.35.35.png

Words fail me.....
:roll: :evil:

PGowdy

Grand Master
Dublinjeff said:
PGowdy said:
Why don't you just ask him to refund you. The claim with Royal Mail is his problem not yours.
I have, repeatedly, it's like he's making out now that he has to wait to stick in the claim, then get compensated the money, then he will refund me..... :evil: :evil:

Yeah that's nonsense because whether he wins his claim or not he still has to give you a refund. Especially after making you wait so long.
Skyline- Refund the money immediately if you care to save any face whatsoever in this whole despicable debacle.

edd_jedi

Staff member
Supporter
mumbo said:
Yeah but he's done nothing wrong :wink:

Well seeing as you seem keen for a reaction let's play "Devil's advocate" for a second in Jeff's own words. Some serious double standards going on here I'm afraid. Have a read of this:

http://www.starwarsforum.co.uk/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=14413&hilit=royal+mail+claim#p195466

According to Jeff here, the seller is not responsible if something gets damaged (or in this case lost) in the post. **** happens, items do get damaged/lost in the post, especially when being sent internationally (which Ireland is) and it is perfectly feasible that this guy is telling the truth.

I don't know Skyline, so I have no interest in sticking up for him, but here are the facts:

1) He took a month to send the item. Fair enough that's bad, but it's not crime of the century. It happens all the time. Lots of well respected members of all the forums do it.
2) Several people Skyline has sent items to have received them. So that's a pretty good indication that he's not a scammer.
3) Sending from the UK to Ireland is INTERNATIONAL. It MAY only take a few days most of the time, but it can take considerably longer, and it's only been about 10 days so far. I have had to wait weeks for items from within Europe before, and on the other hand have had items from America arrive in a couple of days. It's down to luck - sellers have NO CONTROL over this.
4) Jeff paid by Paypal gift, and by the sound of it didn't pay for tracking or insurance either, otherwise this wouldn't be a problem. He has to accept at least some of the responsibility for this.

Sorry if you think I'm being harsh Jeff, I understand that Skyline is at fault, but IMO you're being way too heavy handed here, which is probably why you've pissed him off to the extent of him not wanting to refund you.

The rest of you - As I say, some serious double standards going on here. There was a thread recently where 90% of people agreed that once a seller has posted something, it is at least partially at the buyers risk whether it gets damaged/lost etc. You also all seem to have forgotten that Royal Mail THEMSELVES state that a UK item has to be lost for 15 days (more internationally) before a claim can be submitted, so again Skyline is doing nothing wrong. If this was the other way round, most of you would be claiming that the buyer is trying to scam the seller. It's ridiculous.

EDIT - My advice Jeff, cool down, wait a few more days, and see if it arrives. When the 15 days have passed, ask Skyline to claim for it. He seems happy to do it. Then when this is all over, just put it down to experience. Nobody wants to fall out here (especially as I have nothing to do with it) but from the outside, it all looks like a lot of hot air over nothing.

Dublinjeff

Grand Master
Edd I would appreciate if you are going to quote me that you do it 'in context' and correctly.....the argument I was making on that thread was if an item arrived damaged....I never even mentioned lost? I was saying that some responsibility had to rest with the buyer if they don't look for insurance and if the seller does his best to protect the item.....nothing about if an item doesn't ever show up!!

I'm not fighting with you edd, I love this forum it's great fun, saying that, I won't be posting on this thread again....clearly me calling this fella out has backfired on me and I doubt if I will see my money back. I regret that you think I was being hypocritical in my arguments

PGowdy

Grand Master
Yeah if an item is lost, sadly, it is the sellers responsibility to refund the buyer. I have to do it on ebay quite often and i would do the same with a buyer on a forum. Paypal gift or not. Also, if it was NOT sent with a tracking number how can you put in a claim. I always thought you had to either send tracked or insured to make a claim. I have at least 1 package a month go missing and usually they are not sent track but, of course, i always refund the seller as it's MY responsibility to get that package to him. My responsibility does NOT end when the item is posted but rather, to some extend (ie barring damage or item not as described etc) when the item arrives at the buyers door. Pretty sure that is a fairly universally understood rule with web-sales.
Goes without saying but ditto as a buyer. If an item i have paid for does not arrive i want my money back. This has happened to me once on a forum and many times on ebay. Am i alone in that?

edd_jedi

Staff member
Supporter
So Pete, would you personally refund an international buyer that was complaining an item hadn't arrived after 13 days? I would ask them to wait the full 45, which is the maximum before they can put in a Paypal claim.

edd_jedi

Staff member
Supporter
Here you go, this is what most people think of the situation. Interesting reading based on this thread...

http://www.starwarsforum.co.uk/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=13981

PGowdy

Grand Master
Dublinjeff said:
clearly me calling this fella out has backfired on me and I doubt if I will see my money back. I regret that you think I was being hypocritical in my arguments

I don't think it has at all. There really is only one person out of dozens of members who sees Skyline's dealings (dealings this is something this seller has been reported as doing over and over again both on ebay and other forums) as doing nothing wrong. I for one am glad you posted and warned me so i don't personally have to go through the same ordeal. I think many others feel the same.
Personally i think this seller's behaviour/practices are unbelievable. But that's just my opinion.

PGowdy

Grand Master
edd_jedi said:
So Pete, would you personally refund an international buyer that was complaining an item hadn't arrived after 13 days? I would ask them to wait the full 45, which is the maximum before they can put in a Paypal claim.

No, if the item was paid for 15 days before the complaint i would contact the seller and ask they wait a reasonable amount of time before making a claim. However, if a month has passed they would be entitled to ask for their money back. If i make them wait much longer ebay and paypal won't actually let them claim their money back as there is a time limit for claims on purchases made on ebay and paypal.
Having said this, if it was someone in Ireland i would probably agree to refund them after 2 weeks have passed as i've never known a package to take that long to reach Ireland (REP). And i post to there probably a dozen times a month.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

Latest posts

Top Bottom