foreign cardbacks focus

plasbips

Padawan
theforceuk said:
Thanks but staying focused on my MOC run at the moment, if I change my mind I no who to contact. :wink: Been wandering what toploaders were for a while. :roll: :lol: :lol: I have added my cardback collection to my showcase thread if your interested. :D

Will make some overall scans of my clippers tonight...
mainly 45 backs, trilogo with star + booklets and black stickered kenners
tune in 2moro

2014-08-12195056_zps72804280.jpg

2014-08-12195506_zps15050c05.jpg

IMG_0778_zpse6dff271.jpg

2014-08-12201008_zps5c344f21.jpg

Pomse2001

Grand Master
Hi Jason, I love all your new updates since the last time I visited your thread.

Those ledy cardbacks is fantastic 8)

mr_palitoy

Sith Lord
lT73uoI.jpg

Another day, another Ledy. Back story on this one is that I won a Luke Jedi on ebay which was stolen from a car on that way to the post office (that's mexico for you),
so I got a choice of the sellers other cardbacks and picked a Chewbacca, which I think is rarer than the Luke Jedi, and first 12 figures. Result!

:)

Jason

kingshearer

Jedi Master
WOW what a great collection wish I had started collecting them now rather than carded figures. They're easier to display, much less fragile , easier to store, much cheaper to buy and post ( in most cases) and they're always popping up on ebay and finally they must look amazing when displayed on a wall(s). If you don't mind me asking what's the most you've payed for one Jason?

mr_palitoy

Sith Lord
kingshearer said:
WOW what a great collection wish I had started collecting them now rather than carded figures. They're easier to display, much less fragile , easier to store, much cheaper to buy and post ( in most cases) and they're always popping up on ebay and finally they must look amazing when displayed on a wall(s). If you don't mind me asking what's the most you've payed for one Jason?

Sorry for the delay replying. Not that much, got most of these back when cardback collecting was cheap.

Paid £100-£150 for a General Madine and Jawa reseals back in the day for the cardbacks. And $200 for a square card Meccano 2-1b.

cheers Jason

Joe

Grand Master
2014-08-12201008_zps5c344f21.jpg

Love these Jason, I really enjoy seeing the starburst stickers on the front of Trilogos.

benny100

Sith Lord
Great collection, do you have a checklist you work from for your missing ones or is it a case of not knowing whIch characters appeared on which card backs?

mr_palitoy

Sith Lord
benny100 said:
Great collection, do you have a checklist you work from for your missing ones or is it a case of not knowing whIch characters appeared on which card backs?

Yes, I have a checklist. I also just check my limelights to see what I have and still need.

Jason

Pomse2001

Grand Master
congratulations Jason with your new canadian cardbacks. I love they used french and english text on the canadian cardbacks, very cool 8)

Russ J

Jedi Master
I'm new to the scene and forgive my ignorance but I wouldn't have thought these would have been collectable :oops: ....

I've a lot to learn i'm sorry guys :oops: the amount of these i've seen and thrown away (late 80's early 90's time) as I wasn't into the collecting scene...how I wish I could turn back to clock :(

A great collection never the less though 8)

theforceuk

Grand Master
Supporter
Russ J said:
I'm new to the scene and forgive my ignorance but I wouldn't have thought these would have been collectable :oops: ....

I've a lot to learn i'm sorry guys :oops: the amount of these i've seen and thrown away (late 80's early 90's time) as I wasn't into the collecting scene...how I wish I could turn back to clock :(

A great collection never the less though 8)

I'll be happy to take any spares you have. :lol:

Welcome to the forum Russ J.

maxf

Jedi Master
Fantastic collection!

In your experience which are the hardest 12bk cardbacks to come across - I wonder if that translates to MOC rarity? I'm surprised you have some many toltoys as the carded ones are crazy tough!

sith-smith

Grand Master
The link between cardback and MOC is an odd one. I believe (Jason please correct me if I'm wrong) that there are a number of MOC for which no Cardback has yet been found!

mr_palitoy

Sith Lord
sith-smith said:
The link between cardback and MOC is an odd one. I believe (Jason please correct me if I'm wrong) that there are a number of MOC for which no Cardback has yet been found!

There sure are. I've been looking for Hybrid CCP on cardback for years and seen several MOC come and go for sale in that time.
And I think you have a few Palitoy MOC that I haven't seen as cardback yet.

Jason

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Top Bottom