foreign cardbacks focus

TC-14

Sith Lord
mr_palitoy said:
Keep finding these black clipper stickers lying about, that's another 2.

:)

Jason

:lol: That made me chuckle. Hats off to you, Jason... outstanding. A couple of hours could easily slip by looking at this lot: fascinating to see the variations worldwide. I'm finding it difficult to pick an overall favourite (apart from your Palitoys in the other thread), but I do keep returning to the Meccano's... something about that square cardback :D

Martin

mr_palitoy

Sith Lord
2gkbMbI.jpg

Added a Luke and Jawa to my Canadian 20B's.

Jason

jasdev999

Jedi Master
Awesome collection of card backs....unbelievable.

I question I have been dying to ask so I would now....how long did it take to get to this level of range and variety?

Really something to aspire to.....

mr_palitoy

Sith Lord
jasdev999 said:
Awesome collection of card backs....unbelievable.

I question I have been dying to ask so I would now....how long did it take to get to this level of range and variety?

Really something to aspire to.....

I started on Palitoy cardbacks in 2005. You can see them here:-

http://www.starwarsforum.co.uk/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=8332

I started on the ones shown here maybe a year later. They used to be much easier to pick up on ebay then and much less pricey than they are now.
There seem to be more cardback collectors round these days.

Jason

TC-14

Sith Lord
mr_palitoy said:
They used to be much easier to pick up on ebay then and much less pricey than they are now.
There seem to be more cardback collectors around these days.

Jason

I'll say, my good fellow :lol:

jay4

Jedi Knight
8) 1st of me noticing this jason :shock: what a topnotch collection of cards mate , very nice indeed

Jez

Sith Lord
Blimey Jason I knew you had a load of Kenner & Palitoy, I had no idea you had these treasures!
Excellent stuff bro

Simply Sci-fi

Jedi Knight
I've only just clicked on to this thread. Jason - I'm really impressed with the array of foreign card backs. I never bothered collecting them and it's great to see someone making them a focus.

The Canadian variation is one I hadn't seen before and I'd pick them out as my personal favourite.

I wish you all the best in completing these sets.

Craig.

Joe

Grand Master
mr_palitoy said:
A few more clipper stickers for the run:-

P1110178_zps47baefba.jpg

Jason

I'm kinda happy I don't see an 8D8 there but at the same time sad because it means you need one :)

Nice set!

theforceuk

Grand Master
Supporter
Great collection Jason where do you get the cases from? I'm at a dead end with my MOC run at the moment mainly due to finance. But your thread inspired me to get my cardbacks from childhood down from the loft. Superb collection. :D

mr_palitoy

Sith Lord
theforceuk said:
Great collection Jason where do you get the cases from? I'm at a dead end with my MOC run at the moment mainly due to finance. But your thread inspired me to get my cardbacks from childhood down from the loft. Superb collection. :D

They are 6x9 toploaders. Ultra Pro and BCW are the 2 main brands. They are difficult to get outside of the USA. Postage costs from the USA are a pain, and then there is
import duty on top of that. If you are after a few, I got a bulk order in recently and have been selling them within the UK in smaller quantities. PM me if you are interested.

cheers Jason

mr_palitoy

Sith Lord
Oh, and childhood cardbacks. Very nice! It's unusual to see that as most of them got binned, my own included!

Jason

theforceuk

Grand Master
Supporter
Thanks but staying focused on my MOC run at the moment, if I change my mind I no who to contact. :wink: Been wandering what toploaders were for a while. :roll: :lol: :lol: I have added my cardback collection to my showcase thread if your interested. :D

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

Latest posts

Top Bottom