Farthest From VIII Spring 2015

itfciain

Grand Master
edd_jedi said:
Saw a few photos on Facebook, looked great! Does anybody know who's stall it was with the tri-logo Luke Hoth?

Looked like Andy's (Andy X0-Wing)

Dfran8

Padawan
Thank you all for this fun weekend.
Thank you also for making me feel miserable after comparing my collection with yours! I felt like a rebel in Lothal. :lol:
I saw so many Luke X-Wings today, and 507 loose jawas? we could take over the whole Celebration with that army! perhaps even kidnapping J.J. for a panel in the next FF...

Thank you mister Skinner for the lift, very much appreciated.
Great talk with my roomate, mr Richard. Take note Pete, the bar is high. You are gonna need to give me some love in Anaheim... on a second thought, save the love for the speed dates :lol:

This FF won´t be my last. Nice a cosy even you guys have there. It is your fault that I got the bug for vintage collecting again... now I need to bring more money to L.A.!

x-pack

Grand Master
I'll get some photos up shortly. Felt rough today but think its been my best FF so far.

Met up with the guys which is always great. Saw a few amazing things. Anyone who gazed into Nick's bag of delights will no doubt still be gob smacked :shock: double shocker! :shock: :shock:

sith-smith

Grand Master
Great show as always.

Good to meet a lot of the usual lads again.

And at least I didn't find Grant slumped on a wall outside Fordingbridge's petrol station in the early hours of the morning! :D

naughtyjedi

Sith Lord
Dfran8 said:
Great talk with my roomate, mr Richard. Take note Pete, the bar is high. You are gonna need to give me some love in Anaheim... on a second thought, save the love for the speed dates :lol:

you understood Richard? Did you turn on subtitles?

mr_palitoy

Sith Lord
Here's the presentation I made at FF8 today on cardback collecting. Thanks again, if you see a photo or 2 I have "borrowed":-

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B5dADO41rXoHLWVkTWVuaWlIcmc/view?usp=sharing

:)

Jason

Star Wares

Jedi Knight
Great to see you all today, well done Dave - one of the best FF's so far, looking forward to the next one in August already... I even took a little more money than I spent!! :eek:

Star Wares

Jedi Knight
mr_palitoy said:
Here's the presentation I made at FF8 today on cardback collecting. Thanks again, if you see a photo or 2 I have "borrowed":-

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B5dADO41rXoHLWVkTWVuaWlIcmc/view?usp=sharing

:)

Jason

Nice one! Thanks again for taking a look through my modest cardback collection! :D

x-pack

Grand Master
Photos!

NO Repros!
Star-Wars-FF8-022.jpg.edit.jpg

Vintage sales
Star-Wars-FF8-001.jpg.-edit.jpg

Star-Wars-FF8-026.jpg.edit.jpg

Star-Wars-FF8-047.jpg.edit.jpg

Star-Wars-FF8-003.jpg.edit.jpg

Star-Wars-FF8-002.jpg.edit.jpg

Star-Wars-FF8-004.jpg.edit.jpg

It's not all vintage Star Wars

Star-Wars-FF8-030.jpg.edit.jpg

Star-Wars-FF8-021.jpg.edit.jpg

sith-smith

Grand Master
Here's a picture of my table...

b83b1872-d7a9-4776-8a1c-73d62e4df1ee_zpsmaatevnp.jpg

Which is nothing now compared to what it used to be...

d32a06c8-c0ff-4ff4-a247-e014fee5f8c1_zpsshy0dzlz.jpg

Keep in mind that on that second picture, which is at Memorabilia, is only a small fraction of what I had for sale (ie only one shuttle etc)

On the first picture is absolutely everything I have left to sell, Just shows what a great show this is as it has almost completely cleared me out. Have sold more in one day than I have ever sold in an entire weekend at Memorabilia.

Awesome stuff Dave! 8)

spoons

Grand Master
fantastic photos chaps - gutted to have missed it

Who had the display? It looks great 8)

David Tree

Jedi Master
Thank you all who came yesterday, supported the show either as a punter or dealer, to those who helped out too and to those that have helped spread the word through their own channels, reposting facebook updates, newsletters, retweets etc.
Special thanks to Jez and Jason for their presentations and taking time to share their experiences.

I am always left with mixed feelings after each show and this one in particular there are a few things I would like to address for the next show, but I would like to say that other than trying to maintain the quality vintage intent at the show, I am reluctant to dictate what is and isn't available at the show. Whilst there are several 'trendy' topics of late, the show has always had a responsibility to educate and promote the positive practice of toy collecting as a state of mind and ethic, rather than what's trending. It is that way that collecting tastes change for the better and the market adjusts to reflect that demand.

Working across various toy collector communities, each one has their own traits, pro's and cons, but Star Wars is the one that is most fragmented and rife with one up man ship, be it within collecting, forums Vs facebook or even with facebook Vs facebook. The fragmentation and attitude is the problem rather than what is available for sale or what someone buys.

Farthest From does not need to conform to a standard which was always there in the first place.

Grant_C

Grand Master
Supporter
I'm not sure I understand Dave.

What was the criticism.

I didn't notice anything unusual from any other FF.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

Latest posts

Top Bottom