CE: 14th July SWF Early Bird Meet up@ The Fox Excel & China Palace

mr_palitoy

Sith Lord
Joe said:
Looks like there is no argument on where we are going to meet up and have a drink but what about food? I found a few lists of restaurants near the excel, not many indian restaurants though by the looks of it:

https://www.tripadvisor.co.uk/RestaurantsNear-g186338-d632458-ExCeL_London-London_England.html

This one is quite close by the looks of it: http://www.restaurantmarina.co.uk/

I'm easy as to where we end up but suggestions/input definitely welcome :D

The one in the boat could be fun too. Will probably be easier to get a big table at the one next to the Fox though.

Jason

x-pack

Grand Master
We have to bare in mind that there may be one or two other people attending the show that have the same idea. These places may be ****ing rammed every night. Is there a contingency plan?

mr_palitoy

Sith Lord
x-pack said:
We have to bare in mind that there may be one or two other people attending the show that have the same idea. These places may be ****ing rammed every night. Is there a contingency plan?

Gentlemen's club with slave leia themed dancers?

I'll get my coat...

Seriously though it shouldnt be too bad on Thursday, Friday and Saturday will both be rammed though.

Maybe we should do a roll call and book FF style...

Jason

x-pack

Grand Master
Table for twentyfive please! Seriously though, getting these numbers over the next few days and doing the usual booking for a curry might not be a bad idea 8)

roundster

Jedi Master
Supporter
have we decided on a thursday night meet up?

think I've sorted out an apartment, they'll probably cancel so will be happy to sleep on a pub floor!

Joe

Grand Master
First post on the thread was updated a while back to reflect the bar of choice! Even if we don't end up staying there or we don't have room (or whatever) at least everyone will be around and we can co-ordinate moving elsewhere together.

Joe

Grand Master
mr_palitoy said:
x-pack said:

Gentlemen's club with slave leia themed dancers?

I'll get my coat...

Seriously though it shouldnt be too bad on Thursday, Friday and Saturday will both be rammed though.

Maybe we should do a roll call and book FF style...

Jason

Good call Jason, is anyone up for giving this place a call to book ahead of time if we can get a list of names together?

Guess I'll start

Thursday 14th July Dinner:

Joe
ScruffylookingNH
JC

Copy the list and add yourself guys!

Christian

Jedi Master
Looking forward to seeing the SWFuk massive as ever:

ScruffylookingNH
JC
robpmarsh
itfciain
jackabina
Ben
Nick (TBC)
James (TBC)
mr_palitoy
Christian
David (Christian's brother)

See you at the Fox chaps.

Joe

Grand Master
mr_palitoy said:
Did we choose which curry shop to go to?

Not much input on that but I think most people will be easy going with the choice as long as there is room for everyone. Guys? Anyone want a say in where we end up for dinner?

Joe

Grand Master
Shortlisted the China Palace and the Bollywood Brasserie (Thanks Jason). Both are super close to the fox.

I'm going to call both places tomorrow and see if I can try to book 20-30 people (or thereabouts) for Thursday and see what they say. Who knows, it might be quiet enough for us to all just walk in. If not and we can't book either then I suppose we could just split up into two groups and eat at both places, depending on who likes what. Failing that it's look elsewhere or play it by ear on the night.

Anyway, will report back tomorrow!

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

Latest posts

Top Bottom