Cardbacks from around the world - which country has the coolest?

Princess Raya

Padawan
Bonsai_Tree_Ent said:
Stef, let's get some pics in - like these? V.cool looking cards...

Fansolo_65120_31fe455b4c8152f81a0ecdbb16a56ced.jpg

Sh*t the bed, they're cool. 8)

Everyday's a school day round here. I thought I'd seen it all after seeing a Poch.

stormcab

Sith Lord
Addition to this is some figures look better on different cards. That Meccano R5-D4 I saw briefly on eBay was cool. An ESB R2, Lily Ledy ERG (all that lovely red), SW 21 Boba, Gam Guard POTF, and yes pretty much all Palitoy logo cards - my focus.

_Lee_

Sith Lord
theslider said:
Why anyone would think the trilogo cardbacks are the best is beyond me! Apart from the alternate photos there is nothing going on them for me!

Not the best, but still an awesome run when complete. I think they are great looking cards and the 3 language print is great.

For me its:

Palitoy
Poch
Uzay

Clarkspie&chips

Sith Lord
The thing with trilogos is they're one of the most common cardbacks so they don't have the exotic allure of say a ledi but they're one of the most unique cardbacks there is.
Throw that in with all the alternative images and you've got a winner.
Not even ians Canadian 12 back had 3 languages!

J_G

Padawan
As an avid cardback collector, this is my kinda thread!

I love all vintage SW cardbacks, but especially the more exotic looking ones compared to Kenner US cards, like Meccano square cards and Harberts which are my 2 favourite lines.

Here are some international 12 and 20 back Stormtroopers:

8%20stormtrooper_zps4o2q8yak.jpg

Joe

Grand Master
Love your Stormies Jonathan!

Even though I love Trilogos the card design is not my all time favourite. I think Lili Ledy, ESB Poch's, SW Toltoys and Canadian SW GDE's get my vote (in no particular order).

Palitoy? Meh :p

theforceuk

Grand Master
Supporter
Have to say the Star Wars Toltoys card is pretty cool, the black bar across the bottom sets the picture up nicely. Also the Tron type font looks good on the Toltoys. :)

BlueDog

Sith Lord
I love them all to be honest, but even with an obvious love for Toltoys I can't go past the square Meccano cards as my all time favourite. So wildly different to any of the others in design they even had three different logos over the journey just to spice it up even more.

Still love the Kenner cards as well, especially with the Long Play logo.

theforceuk

Grand Master
Supporter
Robstyley said:
Sorry to go against the grain here but I think us and the yanks have the best cardbacks, written in the queens English! They're in our own language and the ones I associate with my history :D

I have to say that's really how I feel. :oops:

Pomse2001

Grand Master
If we talk about the front I would say Habert, but I think the back of the cardback is more cool on the POCH :D

darth_daddius

Jedi Knight
Now this is MY kind of topic! As a focus collector, its all about the different cardbacks :)

Personally, my favourites in the SW line are Meccano 12 back and Canadian GDE, closely followed by Palitoy and Toltoys.

I think of all four (SW/ESB/ROTJ/POTF) cardbacks, the ESB line is my favourite and Palitoy (45 back with BH offer) and Poch are the best. Never really seen a LL ESB, so I can't comment on that one.

For ROTJ, I just can't go past the 48 backs with the NN offer. I've always found them really attractive. But then, I also think the Canadian Transition Cards look great, as do the LL with the washed out graphics.

POTF - I'm counting Uzay in the line, as well as the German multi-packs and Glasslite line. Uzay has to be the winner here simply due to the brilliantly simple and quirky illustrations. Calculator Death Star Gunner and Gourd Chewie - priceless!

Cheers
Pat

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

Latest posts

Top Bottom