Book recommendation for vintage toys

ROTF7784

Padawan
I'd like to get a book that covers all the vintage toys from '77 - '85, including figures, vehicles, and playsets, with photos of each. There seem to be a few available but some don't have playsets or vehicles. Is there a book with comprehensive coverage of all the vintage releases that anyone can recommend?

AndyPreston

Jedi Knight
Supporter
The Vintage Guides on Echo Base Vintage Facebook group are excellent, and cheap. There are 3 - a figures one, a vehicles one, and a Palitoy cardbacks one.

kabuchi7

Padawan
Supporter
This is my favourite...

Thanks to this book I saw items i never knew existed (back in the mid 90s)
I just ordered one off amazon👍, i have the kellerman book that i bought back in the day for vintage but i don't think you can find that at a reasonable price anymore.

dienstuhr

Padawan
You might check out "The Ultimate Guide to Vintage Star Wars Action Figures 1977-1985" by Mark Bellomo.

My review is here: https://vintagekennerstarwars.blogspot.com/2015/02/book-review-ultimate-guide-to-vintage.html

It's got great photos of all the vintage figures, ships and playsets, including details on playset parts. Where it falls down is on the collecting aspect, as there are very few pictures of the boxes or figure cardbacks. Horses for courses.

Cheers,

d.

Gadders

Padawan
I've got so many vintage Star Wars books, but the Sansweet one mentioned above is probably still my favourite even after all these years. You even get a bit of modern tat thrown in too, if you're into that sort of thing.

kingshearer

Jedi Master
As sith-smith says above the Swansweet STAR WARS book is a great reference guide and includes some Palitoy examples and last time I looked it's much cheaper than all the other books. It's big and glossy too.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

Latest posts

Top Bottom