Astons auction

TK-7785

Jedi Master
lejackal said:
Anyone know what the Droids Fett went for?

Bids went to £1200 but the lot passed. Didn't meet the reserve which i believe was £1400. Can't see why the auctioneer didn't use their discretion and let it go for that. They probably could have squeezed it to £1400 if they worked a little harder to sell the lots.

ScruffyLookingNH

Sith Lord
Supporter
The run of the mill stuff went for market or above. The beater job lots of figures, well, what can you say? Crazy money.

Then there were the better items. Palitoy diecast Star Destroyer MIB for £220 hammer. Bargain. Falcon about the same, maybe a little more. Again a great price. Palitoy 12 back Leia for £1,200 hammer leaves you wondering what was wrong that couldn't be seen. Even after commission that looked really very well priced.

I'm reserving judgement until I see them but I'm pretty excited about picking up a Trilogo DSD MOC for the equivalent of £200 after I've shifted the Nikto MOC it came with. I've had assurances there are no splits or cuts in the bubble and the cardback looks pretty smart so we'll see. I broke my golden rule of not obtaining a condition report first but then for such a well publicised sale I didn't expect to be bidding on a single thing. Always a gamble....

There were some bargain basement Leia Organa Trilogos that, whilst not in the best condition, were veritable steals at little more than £200. One had a TFP blaster weapon error which is all sorts of cool. There were quite a few weapon errors, actually, so time will tell whether there's some tampered seals or whether the vendor had a thing for weapon errors. Also Trilogo Leia Hoths were going cheap at less than £150 AFTER fees once you take into account what they came with. Far from mint but a tough one to find and always popular.

Not sure what happened there yesterday, to be honest. The normal gulf between bog standard Trilogo B-Wing pilots and Leias was greatly reduced. A sealed Trilogo B-Wing and a sealed Trilogo Hoth Rescue Set were amongst other underpriced items for those that like their toys untouched. Really interesting sale.

Taffius

Sith Lord
ScruffyLookingNH said:
The run of the mill stuff went for market or above. The beater job lots of figures, well, what can you say? Crazy money.

Apart the beaters :?: Is this a sign there is a slow down / recession in SW vintage?

TK-7785

Jedi Master
Taffius said:
ScruffyLookingNH said:

Apart the beaters :?: Is this a sign there is a slow down / recession in SW vintage?

Possibly. Time will tell. You could read into it that a lot of collectors who got back into collecting in recent years have started to complete collections again. The loose figure lots going high I suspect is down to new, ill-informed dealers trying to get in on the action...a bit late maybe.

I think the truely rare stuff will always command higher prices generally speaking. Watching the prices of common stuff will be the best indicator i suspect.

Stubbs

Jedi Master
Supporter
Also I am sure there will be a lot of collectors waiting for vectis and holding off on the spends.

Taffius

Sith Lord
There is also a point I read about the auctions having U grades. Influencing factor and people taking a morale stance? I dont know but maybe?

momike

Jedi Master
Tbf the vectis stuff makes Aston's lots look like tat, so can see why people didn't bother

Surprised the sealed hoth rescue went so cheap though as I know they go for around 1k+ in nice condition

lejackal

Grand Master
momike said:
Tbf the vectis stuff makes Aston's lots look like tat, so can see why people didn't bother

Surprised the sealed hoth rescue went so cheap though as I know they go for around 1k+ in nice condition
How much was it? (Apologies for not using google)

TK-7785

Jedi Master
lejackal said:
momike said:

How much was it? (Apologies for not using google)

It went for £830 with commission, so not too far out really. Considering it had a tear and sticker removal damage on the front where there once was a Special Buy offer. Shame, would have looked better with it still in place in my opinion.

momike

Jedi Master
The sticker tare was a little nasty, for collectors of sealed items I imagine condition is paramount

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

Latest posts

Top Bottom